Chapter 5

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wednesday came and Heechul felt like vanishing into thin air. These two days felt like hell because his heart never listened to his mind. And today was the peak point because he would have a meeting with people from Sapphire Blue Hotel. No one knew who would be the representatives but he knew for sure that the man would unlikely come. What would a CEO do with a trivial matter like this?

 

 

 

 

Although he had been assuring himself that he wouldn't meet him, Heechul still got panicked an hour before the meeting. The thought of meeting people who worked for Jungsoo was enough to make him queasy.

 

 

Knock knock

 

 

"Come in."

His noisy assistant came, wearing a too wide grin. Lately, Donghae seemed so happy, not that Heechul complaining, but it was just so suspicious.

 

 

 

"Speak."

The younger only nodded, the wide grin was still there. "You'll have a meeting in an hour, Boss. And as I notice you have nothing to do, let's just get ready in the meeting room to prepare the presentation."

"Mmh. 5 minutes."

 

 

He put his pen down and sighed. The uneasiness came back and strangely it affected his whole body. His toes were cramped and his head was throbbing. Donghae observed the distressed look Heechul was wearing and got concerned. 

"You okay, Hyung? You look pale. Are you feeling unwell?" Worries lacing the younger's words and Heechul suddenly felt sorry for making the younger concerned.

 

'Goddamnit, I must look so weak right now.'

He huffed and stood up, carrying some folders and motioned his assistant to follow him into the meeting room.

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

All the worries, uneasiness, anxiety and fear he felt earlier flew out of the window the moment the people from that hotel came and there was no sign of their CEO. Heechul felt very relieved and he gained back his overflowing confidence. Yet, in all honesty, he felt a little bit disappointed although he chanted in his head that he didn't.

 

 

 

He looked at the people in front of him once again before began his presentation, and that was when he noticed the man's brother, the other Lee, his assistant's friend. Talking about the fish, his suspicion rose when he noticed how Donghae got extremely bubbly and somehow he and Jungsoo's brother seemed close. He shrugged the thought of interfering other's business and confidently started his speech.

 

 

 

 

 

The meeting was running smoothly and it was supposed to be like that until the end of his company's presentation. But it didn't. After he'd been done explaining the big ideas and handed over to his staff to continue the presentation, what he feared came. He came.

 

 

The meeting room went dead silent the moment the CEO walked in with his secretary. All of his staff bowed respectfully and Heechul's staff were following the gesture. Heechul mentally slapped himself for being so unprofessional, but he thought he better slapped the man for causing all of this.

 

 

 

Jungsoo beamed to each person in the room and uttered his apologies. His eyes unconsciously landed on a specific person. The designer. Kim Heechul. The said man wore a navy shirt with a flowery dress suit on the outside. His hair was tied in half and the spectacles only added to the stunning looks of him. Jungsoo shook his head and mentally laughed at his own uncontrollable thought. He shook hands with few people, the managers of both companies and eventually Heechul. The latter accepted the small gesture hesitantly and remained silent. He took a seat beside him and followed the rest of the presentation attentively.

 

 

 

Heechul's palms were sweating and he couldn't focus anymore. He just hoped his managers and staff would do good despite his lack of attention. Jungsoo leaned back on his seat and noticed a stiffened form beside him. He giggled softly and brought his attention back to the meeting.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter