Chapter 6

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After placing his orders for Heechul's lunch, the CEO drove back to his hotel. His staff and securities formally greeted him and as expected from the well-mannered man, he beamed and greeted back. He opened his office door and informed his secretary that he had already been back. The CEO examined the pile of folders and sighed, another tiring day. Taking off his suit, he began to study the file one by one carefully.

 

Before he could finish reading one, his phone buzzed. He put down his pen and looked at his phone intently. "Told ya, another tiring day."

 

He pressed the green button on his screen and prepared himself for anything that might happen. "Hello, Mom." His words were laced with respect and calmness.

"Hello, Jungsoo. Have you eaten your lunch, son? I've come to the hotel earlier, but your secretary told me that you still had a meeting with the designer for the suit so I told her to tell me when you'd been back." She explained slowly.

 

Jungsoo closed his eyes and leaned back in his armchair. "I'm sorry, Mom. Yeah, I did have a meeting with the company. Now, may I know why you came earlier?"

"Nothing special, Jungsoo. I just wanted to have lunch with you and Jisook. She told me that she met you at your friend's party."

 

 

'And I left her. Don't act as if you didn't know.' The CEO mentally finished the sentence. "Oh right, well, yeah, we met. Do you still want to have lunch with me? I could pick you up, Mom."

The elder only chuckled. "No need, son. I've had mine. But I don't know about Jisookie, why don't you ask her yourself?"

A painful headache slowly crept in and Jungsoo just wanted to end the call. These days, his conversation with his mom would always end up with her matchmaking agenda that if he could be honest, he hated so much. "Alright then. I'm hanging up, Mom. I still have tons of works to do. I'll call you later, bye."

"Bye, Jungsoo. Don't forget to ask Jisook. I love you."

 

 

And the line went dead. Jungsoo sighed and threw his phone on his desk. "Too."

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was weekend and it meant a day-to-pay-Hee's-lack-of-beauty-sleep time and the designer was always true about his words. The sun had already set high yet his will to wake up stayed low.

 

Only when the digital clock showed 1 PM on its screen did Heechul get up. He went straight to his bathroom to do his business and cleaned himself a bit then plopped down on the sofa in his living room. His cat lazily walked to him and he it. "Hey, Heebum. You have infected me with your lazy virus."

The cat only mewed and snuggled to the touch. Heechul scratched the underside of his pet's face and sighed in contentment. 'What a perfect day!'

 

 

Suddenly, a strange noise was heard from his tummy signaling that the owner hadn't had any meal since his dinner. He picked his phone and dialed his favorite number.

 

"Yes, I want to place an order."

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

The delivery came as fast as usual and in a second Heechul had a feast on his coffee table. He the TV because... Well, because it was too quiet. The food was over seasoned, as usual, but Heechul couldn't care less, he had been used to it.

 

 

"....the anniversary of Sapphire Blue Hotel is nearing. The euphoria is real in the hotel and some media say that many significant people will attend the..."

 

Heechul stared at his TV screen for the longest time and swallowed slowly. He hadn't encountered the annoying CEO after the lunch incident and to be very honest, he was still feeling a bit sorry. His mind wandered wildly and it disrupted his appetite.

"Ah . I can't ing think straight!"

He put down his chopsticks harshly and gulped down a good amount of water. After calming himself, he finally punched the contact. After the third sound, he started to regret his decision as he actually thought that Jungsoo was probably busy or simply didn't want to answer his call after his unpleasant attitude a few days ago.

 

 

 

 

"Hello, Heechul?"

Damn. The caller wanted to bang his head into his coffee table because hearing Jungsoo's voice, all speech he had prepared before vanished into thin air.

"Hee-"

"Lunch tomorrow?"

 

 

'I SWEAR I AM NOT IN MY RIGHT MIND.' Heechul buried his face in his couch and he wished he could just faint or something. There was no answer and it only made him extremely anxious.

 

 

 "Hmm? Lunch?" Jungsoo sounded so amused and Heechul really didn't appreciate it a single bit. "Nevermind, I must be eating too much that my brain is covered with fat. I'm hang-"

"1 PM, my hotel. Sounds good?"

 

 

His eyes widened because of the sudden proposal. "I.. Alright."

"Should I pick you up in case you don't know how to get to my hotel, Heechul?"

 

 

Heechul shook his head but then realized that the other man couldn't see him. Now, he started thinking that not only was he going crazy, but he was also as dumb as fish. Sorry, Donghae.

 

"No, it's fine. 1 PM sharp. Bye."

Due to his nervousness, he just hung up without giving the other line to answer. He ran to his bedroom and hid under his thick comforter.

 

 

"This is crazy."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter