Chapter 18

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What is it, Hyung?"

Swaying a plastic bag in front of his face, Hyukjae frowned deeply, waiting for his brother to speak. He was about to go to fetch Donghae from his office to have lunch together when suddenly, his brother shoved this plastic bag in front of him.

 

 

"Food. C-can you help me, Hyuk? Give this to Heechul."

The frown deepened seeing how sheepish his brother got. Hyukjae raised an eyebrow and smirked lightly. This—Jungsoo was behaving like a teenager in love— was very new.

 

"Why don't you give it yourself?"

 

 

After knowing a bit about Heechul's past, Jungsoo had been pondering on how to show his affection without burdening or even troubling the designer. If he persisted to meet and make a move carelessly without minding Heechul's wellbeing, he was afraid that it would just worsen the situation. No one knew, not even he himself was sure this was the best way, but he would do anything to make Heechul happy. Sighing, he finally told the reason to Hyukjae. He couldn't be more grateful when his brother only nodded and excused himself.

 

Watching Hyukjae's retreating back, Jungsoo's gaze softened. The younger seemed to be the happiest lately and Jungsoo didn't need to wonder why because he knew. Almost every day, his brother would come to Donghae's office to have lunch together or simply to meet him. Their relationship seemed to progress better than his and he actually wasn't complaining because the smile Hyukjae would wear whenever the topic about that certain assistant was brought up also made him as pleased.

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyukkie!!"

 

Hyukjae barely arrived at the lobby when his body was crushed by Donghae's hug. He held the latter closer before eventually pulling away. His heart would always feel like it was about to burst whenever he met the younger Lee. The smile plastering Donghae's face was like a cure for his exhaustion.

 

 

"Hae, your boss is in the office?" Hyukjae asked softly. A nod answered his question and he smiled.

"Hyung is staying because he needs to check on the suit production."

"I really need to meet him," and he started to walk. However, Donghae was rooted in his place—not bothering to follow him. Hyukjae frowned when he noticed a sour expression the younger put on.

 

 

"Now, now. What's wrong, Hae?" he walked back and tried to hold Donghae's hand, but to no avail as Donghae pulled his hand away faster.

"You're coming here to meet Heechul-hyung, not me. You meanie."

 

 

A wide grin crept instantly on Hyukjae's face. Although both of them never said something about their feelings, he was so sure that Donghae, too, understood what could be implied by their constant meeting and even occasional romantic jokes. Seeing that the younger Lee got jealous just because he wanted to meet Heechul before going to have lunch with him made him feel giddy inside.

 

'Should I more?'

Hyukjae smirked at his evil plan. He wanted to enjoy more the possessiveness Donghae emitted towards him.

"If Jungsoo-hyung couldn't make him happy, then I will. Do you want to wait here, Hae? I guess I won't be long," he smoothly provoked. Donghae pouted and suddenly pulled him towards the elevator to Heechul's office floor.

 

 

 

'Gotcha!'

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Hyukjae started to regret his decision to play a prank on Donghae because he was practically being dragged by the latter to Heechul's office. And it was somehow embarrassing as many staff witnessed the scene. Donghae, on the other hand, didn't seem to care as he turned the knob without even bothering to knock on the door.

 

 

"The ! What the hell are you two doing in my damn office?!" Heechul who was initially preparing to check on the production room was annoyed in an instant due to the unwanted ambush. His mood had been unsteady as he hadn't eaten anything since morning because he woke up late and now it just worsened.

 

"Speak! Both of you, before I call the securities because I'm not in the mood to play."

 

 

 

Making a mental note that he better dealt with only a fuming lion rather than two, Hyukjae nervously gave the plastic bag to Heechul and gulped a hard lump in his throat.

"J-jungsoo-hyung asked me to give this to you. It's food, for your lunch."

 

Feeling relieved that he could deliver the message properly, he also felt that Donghae's grip loosened, signaling that the younger had grasped the situation. Heechul looked at the plastic bag, put it on his desk and scoffed, "Tell him, I'm fine, he doesn't need to bother preparing this for me."

 

Hyukjae wanted to defend his brother but he got no time to do as the designer quickly added, "But thanks. You and him."

 

 

Hyukjae's mood was instantly lifted up because he felt like his brother's effort was appreciated. An idea came to his mind and the nervousness attacked him again, "My pleasure, Heechul-hy..hyu-"

 

"Nope. It's still '-ssi' for you."

 

To be very honest, Hyukjae was very taken aback by the rejection coming from the designer. He just wanted to be closer as Heechul had made his brother fell for him head over heels and, another thing, he was also Donghae's employer. But Hyukjae guessed, he still didn't have the privilege just yet.

 

 

 

"Call me 'hyung' if you're officially dating my assistant. Gotta go. Bye, kiddo."

And Heechul leisurely walked away, leaving the two motionless Lees.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

After God knew how long, finally Hyukjae broke the silence, "Let's go, Hae. I've booked a table at your-"

"Let's date."

 

 

 

Hyukjae snapped his head abruptly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter