Chapter 32

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We're home!"

 

 

 

 

 

Heechul opened the front door, taking off his shoes and coat. Jungsoo was tailing behind him, carrying Taein who had been sleeping since the trip back to home. He secured his hold on the little boy when he took off his shoes entering the house.

 

 

 

"Welcome back. How's your sightseeing? Is it- oh, is Taein asleep?"

 

 

 

Heechul's mother came to greet them and was surprised seeing Jungsoo holding the sleeping child. Heejin also came to the living room and her eyes landed on Jungsoo immediately. Heechul couldn't hide his uneasiness but it was all washed away when his sister reached out to get Taein from Jungsoo's arms smiling and thanking them for taking care of her kid.

"Thanks, Chul-ah. Thank you, Jungsoo-ssi. I'm sorry if Taein caused any trouble. Also, I think we should get going now. My husband will be home early today. I'll be stopping by on Monday, Ma."

 

 

 

Until then, Heechul didn't notice that his sister had been putting on her coat, seemingly ready to go. She kissed Mrs. Kim's cheek lovingly and grabbed her bag.

 

 

 

"I'll send you off, Noona."

Heechul and Jungsoo walked to the yard to see Heejin off. When Taein was securely settled inside the car, his sister came back to them. Although somehow looking uncertain, she eventually hugged both of them by turns. Each was whispered different things.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, Jungsoo-ssi. I hope you and Heechul are always happy."

 

 

 

"Chul-ah. Welcome home. I love you so much, lil bro."

 

 

 

 

 

They both were surprised by the sudden change of attitude Heejin was showing. Heechul once again was worried. It had to get something to do with what his mother had said and he didn't want his sister to be pretentious and sugarcoating everything. Yet, he didn't want to lie. He was relieved when his sister showed a good sign to his and Jungsoo's relationship. He hoped that his worries were for nothing because when he looked at the way his sister gazed at him, it was so sincere. Perhaps, he was finally home. 

 

 

He was home.

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Rock, Paper, Scissors!"

"Yes!"

Heechul exclaimed, sticking out his tongue to Jungsoo after he won the silly game for deciding what to watch tonight. Jungsoo rolled his eyes and slumped on his seat. They were currently watching television in the living room and had been arguing whether they should watch the golf channel, as Jungsoo wanted, or anime, as Heechul wished. In the end, Heechul got to watch his favorite animation.

 

 

 

"I have no idea about the characters nor the story, Chul," Jungsoo complained. Heechul just shrugged it off and made himself comfortable to watch. However, he got a bit panicked when Jungsoo suddenly left his spot and walked away.

"Where are you going? Jungsoo, are you mad?"

 

 

 

Jungsoo laughed, not stopping, and Heechul faintly heard the fading answer which made his heart fluttered.

"I'm gonna get you a blanket. Silly."

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

"I'll be home by tomorrow afternoon. Yeah, let's meet for dinner, I'll cook. Alright, thanks for the updates, Hyuk. Hang up, now."

 

 

 

 

 

Grabbing the folded blanket, Jungsoo half jogged to go downstairs because he felt that he had been gone for too long. Hyukjae suddenly called him, informing about the sudden agenda on Monday. As he entered the living room, the animation still continued its story yet Heechul chose to make his own story, in the dreamland. He was sleeping soundly, curling like a ball. Jungsoo slowly shortened the distance and crouched down. He smiled; his boyfriend always looked so peaceful while sleeping. Heechul had been through a lot of emotion-draining scenes today. The long eyelashes that were often wetted by tears; the pinkish cheeks that would get much paler when Heechul felt uneasy; the lips that would be quivering when Heechul couldn't control his emotions; the forehead that would get wrinkly when Heechul failed to share his burdens. Everything. Jungsoo loved every single feature Heechul had. He just wanted that the beautiful face in front of him would always smile. 

 

 

 

He draped the blanket over Heechul's body and leaned closer to kiss his forehead lovingly. Gathering the dirty glasses for their coffee earlier, Jungsoo walked into the kitchen and washed them.

 

 

 

 

 

"Just leave it there, I'll wash it tomorrow."

Jungsoo spun his body and beamed seeing Heechul's mother making a cup of tea on the kitchen island.

 

 

 

"No need. I've finished, Ma."

"Heechul is sleeping?"

"Yes, he's probably tired."

 

 

 

Mrs. Kim took a seat and sipped his tea; a small smile was put on her face.

"Tired. He's always tired, isn't he, Jungsoo?"

 

 

 

Jungsoo frowned and strode over, deciding to postpone his initial intention to carry Heechul to Heejin's room. He sat across Heechul's mother and looked at her; she seemingly understood that her sentence earlier needed an explanation.

 

 

 

"Heechul was devastated after talking to his sister, right? I'm aware."

 

 

 

Jungsoo dropped his gaze because suddenly the thought that had been lingering on his mind all day resurfaced.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry to bring problems to your family, Ma. This is not my intention. I believe Heejin-noona is shocked that his brother is still... I don't know. I'm sorry that I'm the one Heechul introduces to you."

"You bring me back my son, Jungsoo. How can I be mad? My husband is probably thankful too."

 

 

 

Snapping his head up and dilating his eyes, Jungsoo was so surprised that Mrs. Kim even nudged the topic about Heechul's father. He knew that she perhaps was so sad to fail to keep the words by her late husband to make sure Heechul was as what they desired him to be. However, Heechul's mother only smiled and sighed. Jungsoo's expression was too obvious for her. In the end, she had to unavoidably be reminded of the painful yet moving story once again. Retelling this story, both to Heejin and Jungsoo, was piercing her heart but she shouldn't have complained because the biggest challenge was to break this secret to Heechul. 

 

 

 

Jungsoo was listening intently to everything Heechul's mother told. He couldn't help but disagree as to why Heechul's mother chose to keep the fact from Heechul that Mr. Kim was actually very supportive of whatever decision his son made. It made no sense whatsoever. Heechul was rooting in agony of the guilt that never left him alone. Yet, the reality was actually not as vicious as he'd been thinking all along.

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, Ma. But, isn't that unfair on Heechul's side? Keeping the pleasant fact that surely will leave some Heechul's burden?"

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter