Chapter 16

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The office was pretty quiet when Donghae arrived. He had expected it, though, because today was one of those days when he woke up early and came to the office betimes. He went to the first floor to check on the other coworkers and found some were chit-chatting in the attendance system area.

 

 

 

"Good morning, guys. How are things going on?"

The four employees turned to the new voice and were mildly surprised to see Donghae. It was very unusual for the man to come this early in the morning.

"What's gotten into you to be an early bird?" one of the coworkers, Sungmin, said as he scanned his employee card in the device. However, before Donghae could utter any rebuttals, someone had called his name. He turned to see who it was and shock took over his sense when he saw the person. His eyes grew rapidly and it seemed that the other coworkers were as shocked as he.

 

 

 

"Teuk-hyung?"

 

 

 

Jungsoo strode over, wearing a warm smile and greeting the people there. He bowed slightly, being the mannered man that he was, and casually turned back to face Donghae. The younger was still stunned and it somehow amused Jungsoo.

 

"Is your boss in the office, Hae?" Jungsoo said, beaming sweetly and ignoring the questioning looks he got from the other staff.

"Nu-uh. H-he hasn't come yet. What's w-wrong?" the stutters clearly showed how nervous Donghae was. The CEO calmly handed a paper bag to him and after contemplating for the longest time, Donghae eventually received it. Jungsoo leaned closer and murmured something to his ear, "This is Heechul's clothes. He left it at my apartment last night. Can you please give them to Heechul?" Jungsoo tried to talk as quiet as possible. Notwithstanding, his prior intention to keep the information low was wiped out when Donghae gasped loudly and blabbered too much information.

 

"Heechul-hyung slept at your place?!" he yelled, not minding that there were other people there. His cheeks suddenly flushed due to his wild imagination about the idea of his boss spending the night at Jungsoo's place.

 

"Be quiet, Hae. It's not like what you're imagining. I couldn't tell the details, I shouldn't too, but I suggest you erase whatever dirty thought crosses your mind right now."

 

Nodding obediently, Donghae finally calmed down a bit. Jungsoo was relieved when he noticed that the assistant had understood what he meant and intended to leave. He bowed once again to Heechul's employees respectfully and excused himself, "I'm going, Hae. Make sure Heechul doesn't skip his lunch."

 

 

Having not taken any steps away, Jungsoo halted when Donghae suddenly asked for his attention.

 

"Teuk-hyung... C-can you pass my greetings to Hyukkie and remind him about our lunch today?"

 

 

'Oh.'

Grinning widely, Jungsoo nodded and patted the younger's back. They were extremely adorable in his eyes just like two teenagers hitting their puberty and shyly having a crush on each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

Only ten minutes had Jungsoo left when the group of coworkers was once again startled by a newcomer. Heechul walked towards them while gracefully took off his sunglasses. Donghae was rooted in his place, his eyes wandered examining his boss' well-being. Heechul was wearing a turtleneck and it only added his suspicion. Feeling that his staff were behaving strangely, Heechul could sense something had happened and it annoyed him in this peaceful morning. He rolled his eyes and eventually said, "Spill. What's wrong?"

 

Donghae timidly gave the paper bag to his boss and silently prayed for his safety. Heechul's anxiety grew rapidly because his staff suddenly became muted. He opened the bag and his eyes dilated in surprised. His clothes from a few nights ago were neatly folded yet his mood was suddenly messed up. He heard Sungmin's awkwardly clearing his throat and he abruptly snapped back to his staff.

"No. Anything dirty you brats have in mind is not true. This is... Aisshhh... He's gone nuts. This is explainable and Donghae..." he wincing his eyes towards his assistant, "Don't you dare to throw that nasty look to me. Back to work, now!"

 

 

 

Heechul's breath was uneven after releasing his rage and dismissing his staff. He never knew that Jungsoo would play dirty to get him to love the man back. He was agitated and made a mental note to confront the latter or even take revenge for this embarrassment. He took his phone out and furiously typed a message.

 

From: Heechul To: Mr. Annoying CEO Thanks for the wonderful visit. You know what? Teuk [-1]. Nice job with the laundry. (sent: 8:55 | seen: -)

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Heechul went straight to his office and that was when his phone buzzed.

 

From: Mr. Annoying CEO I just want to give your clothes back. How is it that I suddenly lose a point? *sigh* (received: 9:02)

 

 

 

Instead of answering, Heechul started to do his work diligently. Not even a minute passed when his phone rang breaking the quiet atmosphere. He lazily looked at the caller and huffed audibly although in the end he couldn't help but pick up the call.

 

"Chuuuul. It's not even fair. I did nothing wrong~"

Heechul's jaw dropped because the first thing he listened to was whining from the CEO. He never expected Jungsoo could be this childish yet he somehow felt giddy as he finally discovered one more surprising trait of Jungsoo's. It was adorable to be very honest.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter