Chapter 30

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eh? Suddenly?"

"Yes. I'll finish my work early on Friday so we can have all weekend for ourselves."

"Are you sure that's okay? What's got into you?"

"Say, where do you want to go?"

"Jungsoo, is that really fine?"

"Yes, baby. I'm waiting for your affirmation 'til tonight. I gotta go, don't tire yourself, Cherry. I'm hanging up."

"Mmh, 'kay. You too."

 

 

 

 

 

After the call had ended, Heechul sighed. Jungsoo suddenly proposed an idea for them to go somewhere this weekend. It wasn't that he minded, but it was too abrupt and he couldn't help but sense something must have happened. He didn't like the feeling of guessing something uncertain that involved him. Yet, as he rethought, there was no harm in agreeing to Jungsoo's offer. His work lately stressed him a lot and a little refreshment wouldn't hurt. 

 

 

His phone buzzed suddenly when he was about to leave to check the production room.

"Jungsoo?" Heechul frowned before eventually picking up.

"Hi, Chul. I forget to tell you something."

"What is it?" Heechul had prepared his heart if Jungsoo suddenly got an appointment and wanted to cancel his offer.

 

 

 

 

 

"Love you. I'm hanging up."

Heechul blushed.

"Love you, too. Idiot."

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

"Hyung!"

 

 

 

Heechul halted on his way when Donghae's voice reached him. He peeked inside the younger's room and made an expression telling him to say whatever dumb stuff he wanted to say.

 

 

 

"Your mother called me earlier. She told me she'd tried to call your mobile but no answers. Where have you been?"

"Mom called you? I was checking the production team and they're doing great. I think we can finish Mr. Yoon's order before the deadline. Anyway, what did my mom say?"

 

 

 

Donghae put down his thick notebook and turned to his computer and checked Heechul's agenda for the week.

 

 

 

"Mrs. Kim asked me about your schedule. It seems that she misses you, hyung."

 

 

 

Knitting his eyebrows, Heechul was suddenly quiet. He was pondering whether or not to propose his plan to Jungsoo—visiting his mom. After a minute or so, he left Donghae's office after being told that he had no agenda on Friday. Perhaps coming back to his house in the hometown wasn't a bad idea.

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

"You're ing crazy. If I find out that you're supposed to be working right now, I'll kill you."

 

 

 

Jungsoo chuckled and went back to the driver seat after taking care of their belongings. He buckled his seat belt and started the engine. Watching Heechul setting the GPS, his heart began to pound. The very same way it raced when Heechul first told him that he wanted to visit his home town with him. It almost scared him; he was afraid he would mess up meeting Heechul's family.

 

 

 

 

 

"Jungsoo? You okay?"

 

 

 

A hand placed on top of his softly wake him up from his unending thoughts. He looked at Heechul and sighed. Heechul seemed fine and perhaps he was indeed overthinking things.

 

 

 

"Don't think too much. We'll be okay."

Heechul smiled and advanced forward to place a tender kiss on Jungsoo's cheek. Deep inside, he was also nervous but having Jungsoo with him somehow eased his heart.

 

 

 

 

 

'We'll be okay.'

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

 

The ride was surprisingly traffic-free. When they reached a quieter area, Jungsoo knew they would arrive at their destination soon. It was not as remote as he thought. The surroundings were pretty similar to Kangin's bar—less building, more parks, and family houses. He glanced at the passenger seat and found Heechul still sleeping soundly. Although he didn't want to interrupt his lover's deep slumber, he had to do that because he didn't know the exact way to go. He pulled over in front of a small convenience store and unbuckled his seat belt. He carefully leaned his body closer to Heechul to wake him up. The sight of Heechul's serene face warmed him. He couldn't even imagine this man had gone through so many things. His love was doubled over again and he enjoyed every bit of it.

 

 

 

"Cherry, wake up. We've arrived in your town. I'm not sure which way to go."

 

 

 

Heechul's eyebrows twitched although he stayed motionless. Jungsoo cupped his face gingerly and caressed the pale cheek with his thumb.

 

 

 

"Wake up, baby."

"Don't talk to me, keep driving."

 

 

 

Feeling that his boyfriend surely didn't have any intention to wake up, Jungsoo placed a hard, long kiss on his forehead. Effective as always, Heechul stirred and cracked his eyes slightly. The moment he opened his eyes, Jungsoo's smiling face welcomed him right away. That view itself was enough to bring a smile on his face. Heechul couldn't help pecking the older's lips.

 

 

 

 

 

"Where are we?" Heechul yawned.

"Well, same question. Where are we?"

 

 

 

Heechul giggled and tried to examine the outside. He recognized the store so well; it was only a few blocks from his house. Thinking for a moment, he decided to buy some things first before they began to travel to his house.

 

 

 

"We're almost there. Do you wanna shop first? Let's buy something."

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Snacks, coke, milk, and other groceries filled their small cart. Heechul felt so nostalgic. He used to come here with his family or friends. This place contained a dear memory of his past. When he thought they had had everything, they went to the cashier and he unconsciously held Jungsoo's hand like it was a very natural thing to do.

 

 

 

 

 

"Heechul!"

 

 

 

Jungsoo and Heechul shifted their gaze from the shelves to the cashier station. There stood a middle-aged man wearing thick glasses and a warm smile. Heechul scrunched his face before he snapped and ran to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter