Chapter 57

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Can you get cornier than this? Mr. Handsome Angel? Seriously?"

 

 

 

Heechul ranted as he walked out of the dining room, a cup of hot chocolate in his hand, his phone in the other one. Jungsoo quickly closed his laptop, afraid that his plan would be spoiled when Heechul stormed towards him. He chuckled and welcomed the fussy man in his arms. Heechul nuzzled in Jungsoo's warm body and sighed in contentment.

 

 

 

"Just admit it, baby. I'm handsome and an angel. It suits me well, ain't it?"

Heechul scoffed before he suddenly looked up.

"I think I'll start working tomorrow. Y-you okay?"

 

 

 

Jungsoo smiled at the hesitation lacing Heechul's question. He grabbed the cup from Heechul's hand and put it down on the table. Clasping their hands, Jungsoo drew his boyfriend closer as he finally let out what was on his chest.

 

 

 

"I'm better. If you're worried about what I will do next, I'm still finishing my responsibility in the hotel. After that, I may start looking for a new job although one of my colleagues has offered me a position in his company a few days ago. I don't know, we can talk about that later."

 

 

 

"So, you're no longer related to that hotel?" 

There was no disappointment in the way Heechul said, it was purely a simple question. Jungsoo chuckled, "I was their CEO, Chul. I cannot be unrelated like that. My share in the hotel and resort is still around thirty-five percent minus my forfeit. Don't be-"

Heechul suddenly peeled his body from Jungsoo's arms. He huffed, gulping his chocolate audibly. Jungsoo was bewildered by the sudden sulking.

"What's wrong? Am I saying something that insults you?"

 

 

 

The reflection of himself on the mug showed how upset he was. However, he learned to talk about things, so talk he did. He put down his drink and faced Jungsoo, although his eyes avoiding the dark orbs.

 

 

 

"You got me wrong. I don't care about how much your shares or like that. What I mean by related is..." Heechul swallowed a hard lump in his throat.

"That hotel is yours and your family's."

 

 

 

Jungsoo's eyes shot open when Heechul suddenly brought this matter, knowing both where it rooted from and led to. A pang of pain nailed inside his heart transferring the ache all over his body.

"Hyukjae told you, didn't he?"

Heechul nodded.

"And you must be feeling guilty because of it."

Heechul didn't answer. He took Jungsoo's hand on his and brushed the back of the hand with his thumbs.

 

 

 

"I did at first. But... No. I don't feel guilty."

Jungsoo frowned, taken by surprise with the unexpected answer.

"You don't?" Wonder was vivid on his question.

Heechul nodded, now sounding more certain, even daring to look at his eyes.

 

 

 

"I don't. It's your choice and your life."

 

 

 

 

 

Jungsoo was stunned when the acceptance and assurance struck him. Heechul no longer eaten up by guilt was one thing, but Park Jungsoo decided something in his life for the sake of him without being influenced or controlled by any damn thing was something else. The feeling was similar to the deliberation he felt when he first came out as if he found a new strange recipe breaking the rules but ending up tasting wonderful.

 

 

 

Jungsoo suddenly grabbed Heechul's head and pressed his lips on his. However, they both broke into laughter because the supposed romantic gesture turned out to be a disaster as the hot chocolate Heechul just sipped spurted when he gasped receiving Jungsoo's kiss. Heechul coughed lightly, still giggling while Jungsoo cursed quietly, dabbing tissue to his and Heechul's clothes with a smile never absent from his face.

 

 

 

"You silly. Tell me if you wanna kiss me."

Jungsoo pouted on the remark, wiping Heechul's neck with a wet tissue.

"It should've been a dramatic move," He grumbled like an old man to which only made Heechul laugh louder. 

 

 

 

He was about to throw the used wipes when Heechul suddenly pulled his body and swiftly straddled him. His gasps were swallowed when a pair of plump lips with a tinge of sweet chocolate on them ravished his mouth hungrily. Jungsoo chuckled and tightened his hold on Heechul's waist. However, he suddenly halted, distancing his head from Heechul's although only a few centimeters. Heechul frowned and was on the verge of sulking when Jungsoo's adorable worries rolled out.

"You have work tomorrow, baby. What if you're... You know, limping?"

Heechul smirked, "I'm not convinced you can make me limp, Mr. Park."

 

 

 

Jungsoo always liked this daring side of Heechul, the glint on his eyes changing. Heechul gulped when Jungsoo suddenly eyed him like a lion seeing meat before him.

"Don't get me started, Mr. Kim. I'll make sure your employees gotta help you to walk tomorrow."

 

 

 

The passionate kissing began and followed by another steamy night full of sultry moans and bed-creakings.

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Where are we going?"

Heechul said as soon as Jungsoo drove off from the parking lot of his office. Jungsoo only grinned, unable to conceal the excitement of his plan.

"Somewhere special. How was work? Your employees were very surprised, weren't they?"

Heechul sighed audibly, taking off his jacket.

"You bet. They looked at me like I was a ghost or something."

Heechul cracked his bones, groaning blissfully, before he suddenly added, "A limping ghost."

 

 

 

On that, Jungsoo chuckled ticklishly, petting Heechul's head. The younger only rolled his eyes before he lowered his seat and napped. Jungsoo smiled, continuously Heechul's forehead to help him doze off. Strange, his heart always felt like it was about to burst yet eased at the same time whenever Heechul was around.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Heechul blinked his eyes several times when he got off the car and read the sign of the building. Even so, he still didn't believe where Jungsoo decided to take him. This was beyond his expectations. He thought his boyfriend would take him to a fancy dinner, to get coffee or something like that. This took him by surprise.

 

 

 

Jungsoo smiled seeing how dumbfounded Heechul got. He sighed and approached his boyfriend.

"We can cancel it if you don't like the idea. But, just assume that we're here today to give them presents."

Heechul gulped noticeably, still gaping at the building. He turned to Jungsoo and whispered.

"What prese-"

 

 

 

His puzzlement was answered when Jungsoo's hands were full of paper bags. Heechul cracked a smile; his boyfriend seemed to have planned this well. He took some of the presents from Jungsoo's grip and walked into the building with him. He glanced at the playground and his smile bloomed seeing how the kids were so happy despite their conditions.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

"I'm sorry but we cannot proceed with your request."

 

 

 

Jungsoo felt that Heechul's tightening his clutch on their intertwined hands. He dared not to see his expression because he was afraid that it hurt him even more. He bit his lip, shifting his gaze somewhere else before he calmed down.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, but may I know the reason?"

 

 

 

The man in front of them seemed uneasy, flipping his documents over and over again. He chewed his lower lip out of nervousness because, actually, the couple in front of him met the requirements sans one thing. He felt bad for declining the request but he didn't have a choice.

 

 

 

"My apologies, Mr. Park and Mr. Kim. But... You see, we cannot grant your wish because we never deal with a, uhm, a gay couple. I, personally, do not have any problems with it but we, in the name of our orphanage, find difficulties with the role in parenting. I'm very sorry. I really wish I could help you."

 

 

 

Heechul's heart was scrunched by the reality that even to adopt a kid, they couldn't. He didn't want to disappoint Jungsoo but once again, he did. His grip unconsciously loosened but Jungsoo didn't let his hand go. He wanted to yell his apology but he fought the urge to do that—it was not his fault entirely; it was their choice to be together.

 

 

 

"What a shame. We really want to adopt kids. But... I guess we shouldn't conflict with the rules. If it's like that, we're gonna take our leave now. Please give our presents to them, I hope they're happy with the gifts. We will visit some other ti-"

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh!"

 

 

 

Both Heechul and Jungsoo turned to the new voice. Heechul didn't have time to look at the speaker when she suddenly pressed her body to his. He was taken aback but when the girl showed her face, he finally recognized who she was.

"You remember me, right? I'm the one you saved."

Heechul nodded slightly, rubbing small circles on her back. The incident from that fateful night still haunted him sometimes. Thankfully, he managed to save her and avoided to lengthen the list of things he felt guilty for.

"How are you? You've broken up with that jerk, right?"

"Yeah. He moved out of my school."

 

 

 

Jungsoo was mulling over something as he observed Heechul and the teenager before he came closer and petted her head.

"You don't remember me, do you?" Jungsoo joked.

"I do! You're his boyfriend. Of course, I remember," she giggled while the men were slightly surprised. Jungsoo only smiled sheepishly shortly after.

"Actually, I wasn't his boyfriend at that time. But yeah... I am now. We haven't introduced ourselves, have we? My name is Park Jungsoo, this is Kim Heechul."

The girl bowed slightly, beaming, "I'm Ji Areum."

"What are you doing here, Areum? I mean... You, err..." Heechul stuttered, unable to word his question properly. The girl seemed to notice his uneasiness and grasped what he meant.

"Ah, no, I don't live here. This is my father's orphanage. What about you, Sirs? What is your business here?"

 

 

 

Heechul sighed, dropping his head. Jungsoo, having the same problem to conceal his emotions, put a sad smile as he comforted Heechul. Areum frowned and looked pass them to the man at his desk.

"What's wrong, Mr. Han?"

The man stood up and fidgeted slightly, "They are applying for adoption, Areum-ah. But... You're aware that we cannot help them, right?"

 

 

 

Areum bit her lip before she suddenly dashed outside. It didn't take long before she came back bringing a middle-aged man with her. The man she called Mr. Han bowed immediately making Jungsoo and Heechul bewildered with the situation.

 

 

 

"Daddy, this is Mr. Park Jungsoo and this is Mr. Kim Heechul, they are the ones who saved me when I..." Areum's voice trailed off, her expression bitter. Jungsoo and Heechul bowed slightly; however, they were suddenly pulled into a hug by the man.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter