Chapter 31

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Uncwe Hee!!"

 

 

 

 

 

Jungsoo groaned, burying himself more under the thick blanket, when something, or perhaps someone, pounced him. His attacker tried to pull his hanging hand but to no avail. Forcing himself to wake up, Jungsoo blinked his eyes and then came out from the comforter. He was welcomed by a sight of a cute little boy grinning at him, showing crescent eyes. Who he was, Jungsoo didn't know. When the boy finally had a good look at him, he immediately looked frightened, taking a few steps back.

 

 

 

"W-who awe you?"

 

 

 

Crap. Jungsoo froze, not knowing how to explain. He climbed down the bed and wanted to try talking to the scared kid but he just made it worse. The little boy continued to step back until he hit a bookshelf and it knocked the lamp on it. Jungsoo, acting on impulse, pulled the boy's body closer and caught the lamp with his other hand. Goddamnit, he almost hurt the kid.

 

 

 

"Are you okay? I'm sorry if I scare you. I'm Heechul's..."

 

 

 

'What? Heechul's what?'

He couldn't simply tell the kid he was Heechul's boyfriend. He was afraid the kid didn't understand it yet. The boy stared at him with his big eyes—he did resemble Heechul— and waited patiently for his answer. When he was about to open his eyes, explaining what he could do, his savior came. Heechul, yawning sleepily, walked in the room. The little kid immediately threw his body to Heechul.

 

 

 

"Good morning, guys. Hi, Taein-ah, do you miss me?" Heechul cooed, messing Taein's black fluffy hair. The kid nodded vigorously. Heechul picked up the little boy and kissed his cheeks until it made 'chu' sounds. Taein giggled, clearly enjoying the treatment. Suddenly, the kid turned to Jungsoo and frowned cutely.

 

 

 

"Who is he?"

Heechul immediately looked at Jungsoo, asking for help. Yet, what he found was another dumbfounded expression.

 

 

 

"He's my... Err, friend. Yeah, my friend."

"Fwiend?"

"Yes, Taein-ah. Umm, Jungsoo, come here."

 

 

 

The said person walked towards the cuddling duo, beaming sweetly. He bent down and offered his hand for Taein to shake and was glad when the kid held his fingers.

 

 

 

"I'm Jungsoo. Nice to meet you, Taein."

"Uncwe Jungs- erghh, Jwung-"

"Or call me Uncle Teuk. That's easier, right?"

"Uncwe Teuk!"

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

When the three of them went downstairs, with Taein now being carried by Jungsoo, Heechul's mother was preparing the meal for breakfast in the dining table. She looked at the newcomers and beamed; the view was so cute. Jungsoo and Taein were talking animatedly while Heechul, standing beside them, rubbed his eyes lazily.

 

 

 

 

 

"Good morning, boys. How's your sleep?"

 

 

 

Heechul smiled and strode over to his mom to kiss her cheek.

"I had a very good sleep, Ma. Being home is indeed recharging."

"I also had a nice sleep. How about you... Uhm, Mama?" Jungsoo timidly asked, finally testing the new nickname.

"I slept very well last night. Look who we got over here, Taein-ah, who are you with?" Mrs. Kim asked the little boy. Taein grinned, bouncing on Jungsoo's hip.

"Uncwe Teuk!!"

 

 

 

 

 

"Uncle who?"

 

 

 

A new voice came from the kitchen. A woman carried another dishes walked in the dining room, frowning upon seeing Jungsoo. The CEO looked intently at her and it just hit him. The very similar features, she was unmistakably Heechul's sister.

 

 

 

"Noona?" Heechul sounded surprised.

 

 

 

Yes, Jungsoo was right. He saw how Heechul's sister widened his eyes and he could also sense a bit of detest on the way she observed him. He glanced at his boyfriend; Heechul, gaping his mouth, looked paler.

 

 

 

"Mommy!"

 

 

 

 

Suddenly, Taein broke the heavy atmosphere and wriggled down to run to Heechul's sister.

"Mommy, mommy! I got a new uncwe!" Taein cheered, pointing at Jungsoo. Heechul's sister winced his eyes, taking Jungsoo from head to toe before turning to Heechul with accusing look. Her stare hardened making Heechul unconsciously tremble. Noticing his boyfriend got slightly scared, Jungsoo instinctively shielded Heechul's body with his. Little did he know, his gesture only added Heechul's sister's suspicion.

 

 

 

 

 

"Heechul-ah, we need to talk."

 

 

 

Jungsoo gulped, hearing how intimidating she sounded. It seemed that Heechul also agreed, judging from how the younger clutched his shirt tightly.

 

 

 

"Jungsoo-yah, can you help me with the dishes?" Heechul's mother suddenly asked him. He badly wanted to reject and just soothed his lover, yet he was aware that Heechul's mother didn't ask him for help with the dish, but with staying out from the siblings' showdown.

 

 

 

"I'll be here," Jungsoo tried to assure his boyfriend. Reluctantly, he followed Mrs. Kim to the kitchen, with Taein tailing behind them. Heechul, willy nilly, followed his sister to go to the living room.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

"Tell me it's not what I think it is."

 

 

 

Heechul sat restlessly, avoiding his sister's glare. If he were to mention who hated him so much after the incident, he would say his sister. She was one of the reasons why he finally agreed to Kangin's idea of moving out to Seoul. His sister couldn't take the loss of their father and blamed him for all the misfortune, saying it was all because of him being gay. Now, that after his effort of becoming normal, he finally showed up bringing home a guy, sure enough, she was going to skin him alive.

 

 

 

 

"Answer me, Heechul. Who's this Jungsoo guy?"

"He's my... Uhm, my boyf-"

"Shut up. Heechul, I ing don't get the way you think. Haven't you learned your lesson? Do you need to lose someone else?"

"N-noona... I've tried. I've-"

"Do you want Mama to die? Or do you want me to die?"

 

 

 

The tears he had been holding all along streamed down when the ominous words pierced his ears. He didn't need to be told twice that he was a disgrace to the family; that he caused all the troubles; that he made them lose their father. It was unfair but also undeniable. He shouldn't have been true to himself; he had no right to listen to his heart.

 

 

 

"Now, all you can do is crying. Have you ever thought about us, Chul? About what had happened to us? Are you really that selfish? Can't you just-"

"Stop!!" Heechul suddenly screamed, surprising both of them. He looked at his sister and the disgusted face hurt him badly. Not being able to take it anymore, he went upstairs to his room, leaving his sister in disbelief. All he wanted to do was to hide from the world.

 

 

 

---

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter