Chapter 39

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The crispy toasts were arranged nicely on the plate, accompanied by jams, smoked beef, and fried eggs. A bowl of salad was also set on a tray, fresh and healthy. Jungsoo poured a glass of warm water and milk before he carried the mini breakfast feast to Heechul's bedroom.

 

 

 

He decided to spend the night at Heechul's apartment. Besides he needed to make sure Heechul was taken care of, he also avoided going home after making sure that his brother was safe and sound by calling the younger this morning. He wanted to escape from his mother's sending people to follow him and staying at Heechul's place was the best way.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

"No, I take a day off for today only. I'll get back to work on Monday. Yes, please call me if something urgent happens."

 

 

 

Heechul was munching a big piece of toast, looking at his boyfriend blankly. He shifted to find a better position to eat—having meals on the bed was never a good idea but Jungsoo wasn't wrong when he said that he was afraid his migraine might pain his head, because his head was throbbing now. Biting his toast, he reached for another one to feed his boyfriend because Jungsoo hadn't even looked at his meal, busy with calls and stuff. Heechul nudged his boyfriend softly and succeeded to get his attention when Jungsoo stopped looking at his phone, at Heechul instead. Heechul shoved the bread right in front of Jungsoo's face and hummed, signaling Jungsoo to eat, as his mouth was still clutching his own toast. Jungsoo was bewildered for a moment; he sighed, smiling. He abandoned his phone and advanced forward to bite the toast—the toast on Heechul's mouth. Grabbing Heechul's wrist to put down the other bread, Jungsoo nibbled the piece quickly before he smooched Heechul's lips teasingly. The boyfriend could only be stunned; he finally snapped back to reality when Jungsoo chuckled.

 

 

 

"Look at you. Stop being too adorable, Chul," Jungsoo said while making himself a sandwich, then he took a big bite. Heechul scoffed, "Woah, I'm insulted. I ain't adorable, Sir."

"Really?"

"Hell yeah, maybe you'll see if you let me do you next time we're at it."

 

 

 

Jungsoo smirked, putting down his meal. He swiftly grabbed Heechul's nape—not too strong but enough to draw his boyfriend closer. Heechul's face turned redder without him knowing. Jungsoo eyed the plump lips before he looked back at Heechul's dilated eyes.

 

 

 

"Seeing you're blushing from this close distance really reminds me the very same way it looked when I entered you that night, baby."

 

 

 

Heechul pushed his boyfriend and looked away, pretending to be annoyed.

"You're so ing bold these days."

"It can't be helped."

"You're helpless."

 

 

 

 

 

They continued their hearty meal until almost all the food on the tray was gone. Jungsoo brought back the dirty plates to the kitchen then coming back to Heechul's room to help him take his meds.

 

 

 

"Jungsoo, are you gonna stay here today?"

"I'll stay. I wanna make sure you're fully recovered."

 

 

 

Heechul was about to defend himself, saying that he was fine, but he didn't have time as Jungsoo had entered the bathroom. He knew Jungsoo had something occupying his mind but he was afraid to know what it was. Heechul sighed, glancing at Jungsoo's phone screen once again.

 

 

 

From: Mom Where are you? (received: 9:44)

 

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

Despite the throbbing on his head, Heechul's fingers still did a very decent job scribbling the design for the suit order on his sketchbook. As if his fingers were unbothered with the pain on his head, they were working precisely. Heechul occasionally strained his neck up when it felt stiff before he continued to draw.

 

 

 

 

 

"What are you doing?"

 

 

 

Heechul peeked from the top of his sketchbook; Jungsoo had just done showering, a towel hanging on his shoulder. The older strode over to where Heechul sat on his bed and gave him his bored look.

 

 

 

"Baby, what are you doing?"

 

 

 

Heechul only smiled then leaned closer to hug his boyfriend's waist. He hummed, obviously contented, because Jungsoo's freshly showered skin felt so nice against his slightly burning forehead, added the trained fingers massaging his head. Jungsoo sighed, letting his boyfriend do what he wanted to do. He looked at the sketchbook and couldn't help but feel worried. Heechul seemed to force himself to finish his res

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter