Chapter 24

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
From: Jungsoo To: My Cherry Have you had your lunch? (sent: 1:12 | seen: 1:13)

 

From: My Cherry (received: 1:16)

 

From: Jungsoo To: My Cherry God, I miss you. Don't forget our dinner. I'll pick you up at 7. See ya, Cherry. (sent: 1:17 | seen: -)

 

 

 

 

 

Jungsoo took a long breath and chuckled. Severe. It was severe; his syndrome was severe. He felt as if he were a teenager madly in love. In all honesty, Jungsoo still couldn't believe what Heechul had said that day. If it were only a dream, let him never wake up. He, and he hoped it was the same with Heechul, was enjoying every bit of their growing relationship. 

 

 

To be with Heechul felt like breathing to him, yet lately, he couldn't breathe. After the party a week ago, both of them were caught up in their work and couldn't meet though they would always spare their night to talk on the phone. Each of his new discoveries about Heechul only made him love the younger even more. Heechul couldn't take a compliment well; he would go all shy when he showed his admiration. Heechul was whiny about endearment; Jungsoo didn't back away, though, he kept on calling him with cute nicknames like 'baby' or his new favorite, 'Cherry'. Heechul would complain but he sounded pleased too—just adorable.

 

 

Jungsoo had to go abroad two days ago and even though he'd just got back to Korea this morning, he wanted to see the younger badly. Was he clingy? Perhaps. Jungsoo smiled wider when his eyes landed on the coffee table. He remembered vividly what happened that night. His lips could still feel the tingles when he savored Heechul's skin. Yes; he was definitely clingy. When Heechul was about to go home that night after hugging hour with him, he was extremely fussy about taking him home. He failed, unfortunately, because Heechul drove his own car that night. Although Jungsoo wanted to refute, another strong reason kept him. 

 

 

 

His smile faded.

 

 

 

 

 

][-FLASHBACK-][

 

 

 

Jungsoo went back to the venue after sending Heechul off. The moment he entered the convention room, he was pulled and cornered all of the sudden.

 

 

"Where were you, hyung?!" Hyukjae half whispered, half yelled. Jungsoo instantly beamed and was about to tell the news to his brother but he stopped before he could utter anything because Hyukjae had shoved him with something he didn't appreciate at all.

 

 

"Mom and your fiancee have gone mad looking for you."

Jungsoo scoffed, feeling extremely annoyed, "She's not my fianc-"

"Tell me next time. I'm taking Donghae home."

 

 

 

Jungsoo was surprised at Hyukjae's cutting his sentence. However, he was quick to catch on. His brother's gaze was fixed somewhere and it wasn't hard to guess that his mother and Jisook were approaching. Hyukjae was gone in a second, replaced by two beautiful ladies whose venom was ready anytime.

 

 

 

"I haven't seen you for almost an hour, son. Where have you been?" his mother began sweetly. Jisook only stood there, putting a bored face.

"I was meeting my colleague."

Still putting her dangerous smile, his mom tried again, "And where was it? Because, clearly, your colleague wasn't in the venue."

 

 

 

Jungsoo was reaching his limit. Gritting his teeth, he eventually answered, "We were talking about business, Mom. It is pretty confidential at the other party," he suddenly turned to Jisook and had to force a smile, "It's getting late, I'll take you home."

 

 

 

His mother's game was predictable and Jungsoo knew the answer too well. He was safe that night although he had to put up with Jisook's snobbery and pettiness.

 

 

 

][-END OF FLASHBACK-][

 

 

 

 

 

"Three... Two... There he is."

 

 

 

Jungsoo's lips stretched into a wide smile in an instant when he saw Heechul walking out of his boutique. For a moment, he was stunned. Blame his longing to the younger that he felt like falling in love once again. Heechul in his not-so-formal office attire was always gorgeous; Heechul in outfit attire looking all shy? It was another level. Mayhaps Jungsoo had gone crazy because his impulse told him to hug the latter as he was nearing. Unconsciously, he obeyed his uncontrolled mind; he opened his arms, ready to give Heechul a tight embrace.

 

 

Heechul's eyes widened seeing Jungsoo's move and he quickly scanned his surroundings, hoping no one noticed. The glare he gave to tell the CEO to abort his plan was left uncared. Heechul quickly went to the passenger seat while quietly grumbled, "Dammit, Jungsoo. It's public. Did you lose your mind? Do you want me to do it for you?!"

 

 

The CEO only chuckled and then got on his car. Heechul was still sulking when he was inside, yet Jungsoo still bravely puckered his lips, asking for a kiss. And a kiss he got, from Heechul's finger on his forehead.

 

 

 

"Just a kiss?" he pouted.

"Hell no."

 

 

 

Sighing, he finally started the engine. Jungsoo was slightly feeling sorry because he seemed to force physical contact too much. After pondering for a while, he made up his mind to apologize to the latter. When he turned to face Heechul, all of a sudden what he wanted earlier was granted. Heechul had leaned closer, seemingly intending to peck his cheek, but the younger kissed his lips instead. Heechul quickly backed away. The shock was written all over Heechul's face and an instant blush crept in.

 

 

 

"Well, I got my kiss."

"Shut up."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter