Chapter 7

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He walked pass Heechul and glanced back a bit, making sure the latter followed him.  Surprisingly, he did. The flowery guy stomped his feet off, still disbelieving to what Jungsoo had just said. They reached the entrance and the valet staff bowed respectfully.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Park. Would you like to get your car?" one of the two men offered. His boss only beamed and silently asked Heechul his valet ticket. After scoffing hard, he eventually gave it and crossed his arms in front of his chest. He just wanted to follow the games the CEO wanted to play and, later on, cheated.

 

 

 

"You're unbelievable."

"I know."

 

 

 

 

 

The car arrived and Heechul naturally went to the driver seat. He wickedly intended to just leave Jungsoo behind, running his plan smoothly. But who was he kidding? Jungsoo had leaned over the driver door, stretching his hand. "Key?"

 

Heechul's eyes shot opened and he quickly objected. "Not in your wildest dream will I let you step into my car let alone drive my baby."

"Why are you being difficult, Heechul? I just want to drive you home, make sure you're okay and then leave. I promise."

It was surprising to hear the way Jungsoo said, it almost sounded like a plea. But Heechul wouldn't let his guards down. 

 

 

"And why is it? Why do you have to drive me home? Why do you have to make sure I'm okay? Why?"

 

 

 

 

 

'Why?'

The question struck Jungsoo full force. All the sweet gestures he had shown all along didn't help to answer his question whatsoever.

 

'Why?'

He originally found Heechul seeming so fun to hang out with. Adding that their suits incident still made him feel a bit guilty.

 

'But why?'

He should've stopped seeing the designer after that morning when he got the updates from Donghae about his conditions. He should've cut his ties after Heechul's menacing message that his condition wasn't his business.

 

'But why?'

The company chosen by his investor had to be Heechul's. He could've explained by a text or maybe a call about the situation, but he came to eat lunch together and explained patiently despite Heechul's foul mood.

 

 

 

 

 

"Heechul, why?"

He couldn't help but voicing his inner thoughts. He, too, didn't understand. After the last time they met and how hateful Heechul glared at him, he intended to really back off and left the man alone. However, a call from the latter yesterday overthrew all the slowly built up wall between them. He looked at the confused orbs of the designer and once again asked.

"Why?"

 

 

Heechul's mouth was agape and his eyes dilated. How was he supposed to answer the questions thrown after his question? 'Why?'

 

 

Jungsoo took a few steps back and let Heechul open the car door. He was motionless, staring at particularly nothing. All of this was confusing his mind as well as his heart. Opening the car door, Heechul reluctantly got on his vehicle. He closed the door and rolled down the window. The CEO's sudden change was puzzling him as if he was out of the blue possessed. Well, how could he not assume that when the said person only stood still, his body was stiffened and his brows furrowed deeply?

 

 

 

"Leeteuk.." Heechul uttered softly and as if he was shouting, Jungsoo jerked his body. Heechul tried to joke because he hated so much the very awkward atmosphere. "You're weird."

 

 

But he failed.

Instead of smiling or chuckling like the usual Jungsoo, the latter kept knitting his eyebrows. Heechul was getting impatient. "Will you get on or not?"

"Do you want me to get on or not?"

"Huh? What do you mean? I... I don't know. It's all up to you."

 

Jungsoo closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. "Will you be safe if you drive alone, Heechul? I don't know what's wrong with me."

The look on Jungsoo's face was so hard to read despite how many times Heechul looked intently at him. He sighed and laughed softly. "Hello, Mister? I'm a grown up and a very strong man, dammit."

 

Hearing Heechul's soft chuckle was suddenly brought Jungsoo back from his unending thoughts. He observed the trace of the laugh which was a small smile and Heechul looked so endearing. He, too, had dimples on his both cheeks and it made him even more gorgeous. Heechul was caught off guards when Jungsoo suddenly leaned closer and did what he had done in the past that caused his sleepless nights these days.

 

 

He Heechul's brows, to his forehead and ended up with his hairline. He ran his fingers over a few strands of Heechul's hair and he unconsciously smiled. "Drive safely, Heechul. Take care."

 

 

Here it was. The strange feeling inside Heechul's stomach. He felt like he was being choked, being tied up, being unable to express his feelings. The way the older caressed him was too dangerous to his stirred mind. The small gesture threw away the armor he had been using all along to guard his heart. After the CEO pulled his hand back, Heechul quickly rolled up the window and drove off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"How dare he?"

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter