Chapter 2

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, thank you so much for the subscriptions. You guys are so kind. I'll try my best to write this story. ^^

 

][-FLASHBACK AN HOUR AGO-][

Jungsoo and Hyukjae were a little bit late due to the traffic jam. They went straight to the luxurious ballroom and greeted people they met there.

 

 

His mom originally planned to set someone to be his date. But Jungsoo insisted that he would go with Hyukjae instead. His mother was slightly upset but agreed anyway. However, the CEO knew all too well that his mom would still send the supposedly Jungsoo's date here.

 

 

 

 

"Teuk Oppa!"

Now, this was too soon. The brothers turned to the high-pitched voice and flinched almost at the same time.

"Well well, I should've known that Mom is too persistent. Enjoy, Hyung. See ya."

And then the younger mingled with the other, leaving Jungsoo to face the walking trouble alone.

 

 

 

"Hello, Jisook-ssi. I never expect to see you at this party," he beamed, keeping his annoyance in place. The woman smiled dazzlingly and bowed a little. "Well, same here. I never know you also be friends with Jihye."

 

Jungsoo exhaled rather loudly and still smiled.

"I'm the man's friend. Shindong's friend. Now if you may excuse me, I need to go find him. Goodnight, Jisook-ssi."

He then left her before she could utter any protest.

 

 

 

 

 

"Leeteuk. Park Jungsoo. You should be thankful I agree to your mom request. Who wants to be the date of a.....?" she smirked and shook her head.

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

Donghae behaved carefully and avoided crowd place because he wasn't ready to face Heechul. He bet his whole ocean friends that meeting a fish monster was better than meeting his boss right now.

 

He was walking to the main room when he noticed Heechul from afar. He quickly turned around and started walking fast.

Thud.

He bumped to someone and lost his balance. He fell forward, but thankfully the person in front of him was strong enough to catch him by his arms. "Woahh, be careful."

Donghae was so embarrassed. Heck, he was a grown-up who walked clumsily like a little kid.

"Sorry, I was so careless. Sorry."

He bowed and was about to leave when his wrist was held firmly.

"Wait!! You're the guy from the boutique, right?"

Donghae looked up and frowned a little. He observed the man's face and it hit him, this man was the other Lee he met when he was waiting for Heechul's suit.

"Oh! I see. Well, nice to meet you, Mr. Lee. And I'm sorry once again."

He said grinning at him.

 

 

"Lee Hyukjae. And you're Lee..?"

"Donghae."

They chatted for a while and decided to find Shindong to congratulate him. Donghae was still nervous about the thought of accidentally meeting Heechul but he gave in. He should've listened to his intuition, though.

 

 

 

 

][-END OF FLASHBACK-][

 

 

 

 

 

"L-listen, Hyung. I'm.. S-sorry, okay? I was in a rush before you decided to fry my . I thought the box was the correct one, Mr. Lee for Mr. Kim Heechul. B-but.."

Donghae peeked at the nervous Hyukjae from the corner of his eyes. "But this man is coincidentally also Lee, so they got swapped."

Hyukjae nodded vigorously at what his new friend said. He looked at Jungsoo, begging for his forgiveness. Although he knew his brother wouldn't get mad for too long at something like this, he still got anxious because no one wanted to see a furious Jungsoo. And he suggested to just avoid.

 

Jungsoo dropped his grip and sighed loudly. 

"That's fine with me. But, Hyuk, please apologize to this gentleman for creating a problem." Jungsoo said, signaling to Heechul. The said man was surprised at how calm Jungsoo handled the problem and how he asked his friend to apologize to him.

 

 

"My apologies, Mr. Kim. I should've checked the content first."

Heechul sneered, "Would you have noticed that the suits got swapped if you checked the content, tho?"

 

At that, Donghae raised his eyebrows, "Of course he would. No one will be fond of something like this except for you, Hyung." He explained and eyed Jungsoo's outfit, not noticing the unseen dark auras coming from Heechul. Jungsoo was aware of Heechul's change and quickly replied. 

"There's nothing wrong with the suit, tho. It's just that I don't have the confidence to pull this kind of outfit." And then he smiled warmly at Donghae.

 

"True enough. Only my boss will look good in anything."

Jungsoo mentally felt relieved to what Donghae said. To be honest, he seemed like a kid talking to adults. Bluntly, he looked like someone who couldn't read the mood. Heechul looked at Jungsoo briefly before turned to Donghae. The rising anger had gradually died down, but he still wouldn't let the younger run away easily.

 

"Once again you mess up with my things, I'll make sure to smack your head hard enough that you'll forget your name. Burn it in your head."

He said with a low voice that Donghae hated so much because that Heechul was the intimidating one.

"Got it, Hyung."

Donghae dropped his head, didn't dare to look at Heechul.

 

 

 

The grumpy man looked at the group once again and stomped off to grab a drink.

 

Everyone fell in an awkward silence. Donghae still had his head hung low, feeling a bit sad and guilty. Hyukjae, who noticed that, grabbed his friend's arm and led him to go outside the venue leaving the three silent man. Jungsoo cleared his throat and looked at Kangin.

"Is he always like that?"

Kangin eyed him and scoffed.

"Like what?"

 

'Okay, so they're the same.'

 

"Being a bit..... Fussy?" he asked carefully, not wanting to insult him.

"My cousin is a difficult man. Just let him be. It's not your business anyway."

Jungsoo raised an eyebrow and smiled.

"It is actually. If it's not for my suit and my careless brother, he wouldn't get upset." He said, bowed to the other men and started to walk leaving them.

"Where are you going?" Kangin asked, feeling suspicious about how Jungsoo cared about Heechul.

"To find him and make it better."

And he left.

 

 

 

Shindong looked at Kangin and patted his back. He knew Kangin would do anything to protect his cousin and, well, he couldn't blame him after what happened to Heechul years ago.

"Jungsoo is a gentleman, he won't do anything bad to your cousin."

Kangin looked at him and sighed.

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

Heechul was sitting on a stool, examining his half-empty glass. He felt upset, annoyed and just ready to get home. This party was lively, but he felt suffocated. Feeling that his surroundings got a bit hot, he took off the white suit.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter