Chapter 70

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul held the cold hand diligently, trying to warm it up and not even a second passing with his grip loosening. His unending tears had made a big stain on the white blanket covering Jungsoo's body. He didn't care and he knew Jungsoo wouldn't mind it either. His hazy stare was never absence looking at Jungsoo.

 

 

 

"You're so mean, Jungsoo."

Heechul gulped, feeling the sore on his throat even from uttering those few words. He brought Jungsoo's hand to his lips. Delicately, he kissed each finger, knuckle to knuckle, tip to tip. His grip tightened as his heart was aching badly.

"Stupid. You're stupid."

 

 

 

The throbs on his head forced Heechul to lay his head on the bed with Jungsoo's hand as the pillow. He closed his eyes intuiting his pain subsiding only to have it strike more mercilessly. Knitting his brows out of the massive headache, he guided Jungsoo's hand to his frown, silently asking the unconscious man to erase his pain.

 

 

 

"You said you would make me the happiest person on earth."

Heechul's clutch on Jungsoo's hand tightened as his tears streamed down unstoppably.

"You're a liar, Mr. Park."

 

 

 

Heechul rose, finally letting go of Jungsoo's hand as he intended to go out and check on his daughter. He knew Haeun was probably looking for him and he didn't want to have another person he loved troubled. 

 

 

 

However, the moment he took a last look at Jungsoo, his heart was immediately jabbed by a thousand unnamed arrows, only the pain being familiar. The knot in his stomach almost made him lost balance when he saw a single tear rolling down Jungsoo's serene face; it was as if Jungsoo knew that he was about to leave him and he didn't want that. Heechul broke down, crying his heart out, falling himself on top of his boyfriend's body, carefully avoiding to hurt him. He buried his face on Jungsoo's neck for he was ashamed to ever think to leave Jungsoo alone. 

 

 

 

He was glad; he was relieved that Jungsoo was aware of his presence. He still wanted to hold onto the hope that Jungsoo would wake up one day and tell him he did a great job in keeping their promise and that he loved him so much—anything.

 

 

 

"I won't go, Jungsoo. I'll be here. I'll always be here so, please... Wake up. I need you."

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey."

 

 

 

Heechul slowly cracked his eyes open, blinking sleepily as he tried to grasp his surroundings. Eyes rounding perfectly, Heechul was stunned when he saw Jungsoo stood in front of him, looking so neat wearing the white suit from Shindong's party. A big smile was adorning his handsome face, a cute dimple adding the beauty. There was a glow Heechul couldn't name radiating from Jungsoo's orbs, warm and comforting.

 

 

 

"It's been hard, hasn't it?"

 

 

 

A hesitant nod escalated quickly into several affirmative nods with tears starting to roll down Heechul's face. It was indeed getting harder. Heechul wanted to scream, to yell, to cry out what he was feeling but somehow, his voice was nowhere to be found. Jungsoo smiled, acknowledging his anguish. He offered his hand for Heechul to take and the younger didn't need to be told twice. Heechul immediately held Jungsoo's hand—warm. His clutch was desperate and Jungsoo seemed to sense it, chuckling softly. Heechul's heart thumped on hearing the laugh he missed so much. Yet, instead of returning the smile, Heechul sobbed harder.

 

 

 

 

 

They were walking slowly to a place Heechul was unsure of. But nothing scared him because, with Jungsoo, everything would be fine. The farther they strode, the clearer what was waiting for them. Heechul was awed when he saw an open ballroom in front of a small castle—his little castle. Jungsoo held his hand, still, leading him into the said place. It was nothing scary until he saw a person had been waiting for them under the brightest light of the ballroom. Heechul couldn't bring himself closer. His heart sank; his unhealed heart was scratched anew.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"P-papa."

 

 

 

The first word coming out Heechul's lips was him calling his father. Jungsoo smiled, tugging his hand, as Heechul stopped on his track. Heechul was deplored. Jungsoo and his father gushed out the same glow and not to lie, Heechul almost gave up in trying to see through them. With tiny steps, they both arrived in the ballroom where Heechul's father had been standing with a full tux on. He looked very charismatic, just like how Heechul remembered him to be.

 

 

 

"Heenim-ah. I miss you, my son."

 

 

 

This voice was undeniably his father's. Heechul wanted to hug him, to kneel on his feet, to once again express his apology, but Jungsoo's grip on his hand didn't allow him to do so. His father beamed, a proud smile Heechul rarely saw. He closed his eyes when his father his head and then patted his back.

 

 

 

"Papa is very sorry. I was never mad at you nor what you chose to be. I never regretted to have you as my son. I love you more than you ever know, Heenim."

 

 

 

Heechul tightened his hold on Jungsoo's hand, unable to utter any words of what his inner self was battling at the moment. He could only look at his father through his teary eyes. Even so, he still couldn't believe it was his father.

 

 

 

 

 

"Who is this gentleman?"

His father turned to Jungsoo and the said person replied by giving a perfect ninety-degree bow, a handsome smile never ceasing from his face. Heechul started to feel shivers all over his skin seeing two men of his life right in front of him.

 

 

 

"My name is Park Jungsoo. I'm your son's groom. I... I love him as much as you do, Sir. I did make him cry sometimes but... M-may I shamelessly ask for your blessing?"

 

 

 

Mr. Kim smiled, tears streaming down yet he was quick to wipe them away. He looked at Heechul and finally made his stance clear.

"The one you're going to marry is my son... So, I'll bless whatever Heenim chooses."

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter