Chapter 44

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisook came out from the bathroom, wearing only her underwear. She began to dry her hair lazily. A man, leaning his torso on the headboard, smirked devilishly staring at her reflection in the mirror. Jisook rolled her eyes and continued what she was doing without bothering to mind the other person in the room. 

 

 

 

The man lit up his cigarette, clutching it between his mouth as he finally said, "You're a desperate , ain't ya?"

 

 

 

Jisook smirked and walked leisurely to collect her clothes shattered on the floor. She sat on the bed beside him before snatching the cigarette to smoke it herself. The man only chuckled and lit another one, filling the room with thick fume.

 

 

 

"You clearly don't know what I'm going after."

"What?"

"Park's family is hella rich. Jungsoo himself has the most assets, many branches beside his main hotel, his parents have almost half of the shares of all the property, his younger brother has the resort. Jungsoo is a big fish, dude."

 

 

 

The man twitched his lips slightly, acknowledging what Jisook had just explained. Park Jungsoo was a jackpot indeed. He seeped his smoke deeply, feeling his lungs with sweetness.

 

 

 

"I just knew it, you ain't after his love."

"Honestly? No. I'm grossed out when I found out that he was gay. No offense."

"Who do you call gay, you prick?"

"You're lusting Kim Heechul."

 

 

 

The man only rolled his eyes. Jisook knitted her eyebrows as an idea seemingly came to her mind. She put down her cigarette to the ashtray before facing the man fully.

"But seriously, don't you wanna try to him once more? I'll ing gladly help you."

 

 

 

The man flashed a smug look before running his fingers through his hair casually.

"That's none of your business."

"Tch. Don't be so arrogant. You and I... We're the same."

 

 

 

The man laughed mockingly before he looked straight to Jisook.

"We're not, babe. I'm not desperate to get into Kim Heechul's pants. And if I ever try to do him again, clearly I won't cadge around to anyone just to have them help me. That's so lame."

 

 

 

Jisook glared at him although she had to keep her irritation to herself because the man in front of her had just given the card she needed to win the game. Sighing loudly, she started to wear her disheveled clothes, getting off the bed.

 

 

 

 

 

"You know what? I admit you have a taste. Heechul is so intriguing."

"What is it? A plot twist?" The man said, a hint of amusement lacing his words. Jisook sneered, gathering her things to her branded bag. She looked at the man through her long bangs before a wicked smile creeping on her face.

 

 

 

"If I ever get him to me, I'll make sure you're the first one to know. Thanks for your dope. Laters, Siwon."

 

 

 

She finally went out of the hotel room, once again putting a facade of a gracious lady that she was known for.

 

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

"Goodnight, Mr. Kim."

 

 

 

Heechul nodded to his security staff's courtesy and returned the greeting. He looked at the parking lot and it was almost all vacant. He sighed, leaning on one of the pillars in front of his office. Jungsoo said that he wanted to pick him up and he couldn't just say no to the offer. He knew that Jungsoo had something to say. After the fateful night with all the drama, both of them still communicated as though nothing had happened. Funny, as if neither wanted to touch this topic whatsoever, dumbly waiting for the bomb to explode. Tonight would be his first meeting with the CEO after their constant excuses saying they were busy with work and stuff when it was obvious that they just simply weren't ready to face each other.

 

 

 

A sudden blazing light made Heechul scrunching his face when an unknown car entered the area of the building. Heechul frowned; his staff were ready to do their job. One of the guards carefully approached the car and bowed politely when a woman got out of the driver seat. Heechul's breath hitched when Jisook stood there, talking to his staff before she snobbishly walked towards him. It was slowly exhausting Heechul to always put up with the woman's arrogance but little did he know, the feeling was mutual on Jisook's side.

 

 

 

 

 

"What is it that brings you all the way here?"

Heechul started, asking without bowing or any sign of politeness. Jisook smiled sickeningly before she looked at Heechul, batting her fake eyelashes.

"I miss you, Heechul-ssi."

 

 

 

Heechul chuckled obviously bored with the . He looked at his watch and felt rather annoyed by the fact that Jungsoo was nowhere in sight. Jisook raised an eyebrow as she observed Heechul's restlessness.

"I see you're waiting for someone."

Heechul simply gave her a look and ignored the comment. Jisook, however, started to get irked.

"You're really stubborn, aren't you? You keep meeting with my fiancé even though the whole country talks about my engagement."

Heechul exaggerated a wondering face. He leaned closer and looked intently at Jisook's hands.

"What engagement? Your fingers are too plain for an engaged woman."

 

 

 

Jisook's gaze hardened as the insult stabbed right at her heart. She scoffed hard before uttering her warning through gritted teeth and clenched jaws.

"Don't play with me, Mr. Kim. You don't know what I can do to a pig-headed man like you. Leave Park Jungsoo."

 

 

 

Heechul rolled his eyes, the menacing words started to bore him. Suddenly, a familiar car pulled over in the parking lot. Heechul smirked slightly, looking at the black luxurious vehicle.

 

 

 

"Speaking of which."

 

 

 

 

 

Jungsoo hastily got out of his car when he noticed who was with Heechul. He ran towards them, afraid that Jisook managed to stir the situation even worse. However, he was taken by surprise when Heechul immediately pecked his lips the moment he got to them as if it were nothing.

 

 

 

"How's work?"

Jungsoo's eyes dilated when Heechul indifferently asked that simple question. However, he quickly snapped back and answered nervously.

"Good, I guess."

He quickly turned to the fuming Jisook because his uneasiness was unbearable.

"What are you doing here?"

"Talking to this shameless man."

Jungsoo glared at her as soon as her last word came out. Heechul, on the other hand, only sighed.

"How can I be shameless, Jisook-ssi?"

 

 

 

Jisook was taken aback by the confrontation. She knew Heechul was aware she couldn't answer the damn question. She was neither Jungsoo's girlfriend nor fiancee; the media was not a strong base for her argument. It was obvious she was at a disadvantage. However, she wouldn't lose face to this sickening man named Kim Heechul. Curling her fists, she forced herself to answer as calmly as possible.

"You're dating my fiance for Pete's sake. If you don't take my warning, you'll regret this."

"Is she, Jungsoo? Are you her fiance?"

Jungsoo's boring gaze never left her form.

"No."

"There. It's clear, right? Listen, Jisook-ssi. Jungsoo is the one I'm going out with, so I don't need to ask for your permission. Now, if you may excuse us, we have to go."

 

 

 

Jisook was stoned, unable to react nor throw another cynical comment as the couple left her alone like a dumb donkey. Heechul really got into her nerves. It was a wrong move for Heechul to fuel her determination.

 

 

 

 

 

"Your favorite drama will begin soon, Kim Heechul. Too bad it's a tragedy."

 

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

"She... She didn't hurt you, right?" Jungsoo whispered softly, looking at the empty parking lot in Heechul's apartment building. Heechul sighed, his grip on the seat belt tightening.

"No."

 

 

 

Jungsoo's mind was so messed up. He dead wanted to assure his lover that they were going to be fine but whether they would really be fine was also his question. He blindly searched for Heechul's hand and when he finally held it, he intertwined their fingers tightly.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter