Chapter 66

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You won't be long, will you?"

 

 

 

Jungsoo, who was originally checking his luggage, paused and turned to Heechul on the question. He smiled and motioned the said man to get closer. Jungsoo immediately enveloped Heechul in a tight, comforting hug, trying to soothe away the worries his boyfriend had.

"No, I'll be back in three days, even before you wake up, I'll be there to hold you."

 

 

 

Heechul nodded but deep inside, something was tugging his heart on the assurance. There was a nagging feeling that consumed his rationality, making him crazy. He held Jungsoo's arm tightly as if his unreasonable anxiety would knock him down if he loosened even a bit.

 

 

 

 

 

"But I-"

"Papa!!"  

 

 

Haeun ran from behind Heechul and threw her body to Jungsoo's ready arms. She hugged him, encircling her tiny hands around her Papa's neck imitating what Heechul always did. Jungsoo inhaled a deep breath as he was caressing his daughter's head although his eyes were still glued at Heechul, inspecting how the younger seemed so uneasy.

 

 

 

"Papa, where are you going? You say you will never leave Haeunie. Is Haeunie bad?"

Jungsoo sighed audibly, peppering kisses to his daughter's tear-stained cheeks.

"No, princess. Papa has a business trip. It's only for a few days. I will never leave you and Mama."  

 

 

Heechul gulped and it was not left unnoticed by Jungsoo's observant eyes.

"Papa p-promises?"

"I promise. Do you want anything, Haeunie? A doll maybe? Or a robot? Just say it. Papa will buy it for my sweet daughter."

"Uh, no... Haeunie only needs Mama and Papa."  

 

 

Jungsoo nodded, his eyes glistening, and rewarded his daughter with a loud smooch on her cheek. Haeun finally smiled and even giggled, already forgetting her worries. But, it didn't go the same for Heechul.

 

 

 

"Have a nice trip, Papa! Haeunie loves Papa!"

Haeun sweetly said as she landed a kiss on her Papa's cheek before she wriggled down from Jungsoo's hold and ran to her room.  

 

 

---

 

 

 

With heavy steps, Heechul finally escorted Jungsoo to the main door. His vision was full of only Jungsoo's shoes and the small wheel of the suitcase. He dared not to look at his boyfriend's face. When the striding stopped, he did the same; they had reached the entrance, the place where Heechul was supposed to send Jungsoo off.

 

 

 

"Smile, Mr. Kim."

Jungsoo tried to joke as he ruffled Heechul's hair lovingly. Heechul had been so quiet since this morning and he started to feel bad for leaving him even only for a while and even for doing something for their happiness. It seemed that Heechul wasn't in the mood to be playful as his joke was never properly responded to. He sighed and cupped Heechul's face gently.

"What is it?"  

 

 

Jungsoo knitted his eyebrows tightly when Heechul always diverted his gaze every now and then, avoiding his eyes as best as he could. Impatient, he eventually pulled him into a warm embrace, wishing it was enough to melt all the burdens wrinkling his lover's forehead.

 

 

 

"Baby."  

 

 

Heechul's body shook a little but it greatly shocked Jungsoo. He knew the younger was crying. However, Heechul clung tighter when he was about to back away. Closing his eyes, he drew comforting circles on Heechul's back while whispering sweet nothings in his ears. They stayed like that for a few minutes before Heechul finally broke the unbearable silence with a heartbreaking whisper.

 

 

 

 

 

"Don't go."

 

 

 

"Pardon?"

"If I ask you not to go, will you do it?"  

 

 

Jungsoo frowned. The question never got its answer, left hanging dragging Heechul's heart down.

"Baby. I understand that you may get anxious because this is the first time we part ever since..." Jungsoo paused, smiling painfully as he remembered their bitter story.

"Since that. But, you see, baby. It's only for a while. Not even a week. I'll call you as much as I can until you can't notice my absence."

Jungsoo peeled his body from Heechul as he wanted to talk to him. He smiled sadly when Heechul's eyes were full of tears.

 

 

 

"B-but... It's so far."

Jungsoo chuckled a little when Heechul pouted, looking at him with those puppy eyes.

"You surely know how to get me, huh, Chul? But, I really need to go. This is my last duty before I resign. Please?"

Heechul dropped his gaze, nodding. His tears fell anew.

"I got it. Just make sure you'll come ba-mmh!"

 

 

 

Jungsoo didn't let Heechul finish his sentence as he suddenly pressed their lips together, kissing him softly much to his liking. Heechul responded to the kiss desperately, tears flowing yet he didn't care. He drew Jungsoo closer and deepened their kiss. He knew it would last only for a few moments before...

 

 

 

"Nnhh, I need to go, baby. I'm afraid I'll miss my flight."

Jungsoo said hurriedly still panting from the intense kissing. He placed a long kiss to Heechul's forehead, comforting his boyfriend.  

 

 

"You'll be back, right?"

Heechul, for the nth time, asked as though how many times Jungsoo answered he would never be satisfied.  

 

 

"Silly."

Jungsoo pecked his lips shortly before he took his luggage with him and left.

"Bye, baby. Take care!"  

 

 

 

 

Heechul's tears fell.

"Why don't you answer?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter