Chapter 11

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning, Fishy~"

Heechul pinched both of his assistant cheeks before he walked leisurely to his office. Donghae had his right hand ready to call the ambulance because he was very sure now his boss' illness was pretty severe. The indication was right in front of his eyes; Heechul was exceptionally bubbly. The smile the older wore was persistently there even until he had disappeared into his office.

 

Out of worries, Donghae strode over to the office to check on Heechul.

"Hyung! Are you really alright? You should rest. Hyuung~ are you even listening to me?"

 

 

Still smiling, Heechul had begun to work on his tons of file. He heard his assistant clearly, but clearly, he didn't want to engage with something that would ruin his built up mood. He put down his pen and frowned a little before looking straight to the rambling man, "Have you got your breakfast?"

Instead of answering, Donghae's eyes widened. Something was very off about Heechul's sudden behavior. Although he had been used to the designer's spiteful attitude as his mask, this was, somewhat, new and unfamiliar to him. After observing his employer for a long time, he sighed and nodded. Heechul grinned and said, "Good. Now, let's get back to work, Hae."

 

 

 

As he got back to his own desk, Donghae quickly typed something on his phone. He glanced at the sight of his boss' office door and eventually sent his message.

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

From: My Lee Hyukkie, Heechul-hyung is very weird. He always smiles and acts joyfully, very unlike him. I'm worried. What should I do? T_T (received: 8:47)

 

 

Hyukjae sighed and immediately massaged his temple, deleting his own message that he initially wanted to send to the latter about his brother's strange attitude.

From: Hyukjae To: My Lee Hae, Jungsoo-hyung also acts strangely. He is a bit grumpy and doesn't talk much. He even got fussy over his oh-too-sweet coffee although he immediately said sorry to the poor staff. Let's just wait and see what we could do. (sent: 8:52 | seen: -)

 

 

He leaned back and looked at the ceiling of his office, feeling pity about his brother's conditions before abruptly turned back to his phone once again.

From: Hyukjae To: My Lee Don't skip your meal, don't overwork. Fighting, East Sea <3 (sent: 8:53 | seen: -)

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

"If you want me to always smile, I will."

He folded the paper nicely and kept it on his bag. Heechul continued his work with a smile on his face. A smile which was only for Jungsoo, yet sadly, the latter couldn't see it.

 

 

---

 

 

"If you want me to stay away from you, I will."

Jungsoo inhaled deeply and stared at the lunch box on his coffee table which he made this morning. His sick mind was so messed up that he unconsciously made two portions of the meal. As he smiled ironically, he leaned back on his seat and closed his eyes.

"I hope Hyukjae has no plans for lunch."

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

It had been a week since the last time they met and both of them still lived in agony yet they chose to hide behind the cover in the name of acceding each other's last requests. Heechul had been living in the way Jungsoo wanted him to, always smiling and always being joyful. It was hard as he wasn't used to doing that but in order to respect the love from the latter, he would try. The same went with how Jungsoo dealt with his life. Pretending he never knew someone named Kim Heechul and lived as if the love for the designer never infected him, because that was what Heechul wanted him to. Ironic, how they didn't ask their own selves what lives they wanted to live to and simply let their feelings died down. And they slowly faded from each other's life.

 

 

---

 

 

Hyukjae was tapping his fingers on the dashboard of his car in front of Donghae's office. They had agreed to have lunch together today. He casually got off and leaned his body on his car, while occasionally smiling to some staff that was familiar as he often fetched the younger. However, there was a certain man walking behind a female staff he knew. The man was no other than Kim Heechul. His eyes dilated slightly and he immediately bowed and smiled awkwardly to him. Heechul also reflected the action, to Hyukjae's dismay, although, he had caught a glimpse of a surprised look coming from the latter.

 

 

"Good afternoon, Heechul-ssi. Going out for lunch?"

With a tight smile, the designer replied. "Yeah. Waiting for Donghae? I notice that you both are always together. Do I miss something here?"

The younger kept his nervousness in check and just smiled warmly, little did he know that his slight panic attack wasn't left unnoticed by Heechul's observant eyes.

"We're just-"

 

 

 

"Hyukkie!"

Both men turned to the new voice and saw Donghae waved cheerfully. He strode over and hugged Hyukjae. The older Lee was caught off guard when the bubbly man suddenly did their secret routine when meeting with each other. He timidly glanced at Heechul and his guess was right. The latter eyed them dangerously and raised an eyebrow towards him. He gulped down and hoped that Donghae's boss didn't get any wild idea of them but the smirk he was wearing told otherwise.

 

 

"Hae, you're crushing on the poor man. I mean.." he paused, waited for the duo to pull away and continued when he saw how Hyukjae's eyes grew instantly bigger, "I mean, you're crushing him if you hug him like that."

 

As what Heechul had predicted, Donghae didn't get the hidden message he put on his words, unlike the other Lee who was blushing madly.

"Hyung, let's join us for lunch. We're planning to eat in the Thai Restaurant that you recommended me a few days ago."

"And disturb your date? Nope. Thank you very much. I prefer to eat alone rather than to be the third wheel."

"But, we're not having a date, Hyung. Only lunch together, right Hyuk?" Donghae suddenly turned to the stunned man and Hyukjae could only swallow a hard lump in his throat.

"Right, Hyuk?" Heechul repeated

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter