Chapter 4

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Monday. Heechul was on his way to his office which was also his boutique. He was listening to the radio and humming along with the songs. His mood was on cloud nine because yesterday he got a call that a well-known company wanted to place a big order of suits at his place. He took the left turn and big letters of PETAL was shown. Pride spread all over his chest. After the dark periods, he had been able to get up on his own feet and actually had a pretty successful career.

 

 

 

 

He parked his car and got off carrying his bag and his sketchbook.

 

 

"Good morning, Mr. Kim."

The receptionist greeted. He only nodded. He went straight to his office and began his work. Unfortunately, his first disruption happened. His phone's screen lit up showing a message came.

"Unknown number?"

 

 

He opened and widened his eyes.

 

From : xxxxxxx0107 Teuk. (received 8:43)

 

 

 

 

"Excuse me?! The hell is this?!"

But, before he even got over his initial shock, now came his second disruption.

 

Knock knock

 

His frown remained there. "Come in."

Donghae opened the door quietly and came into the room with some documents and Heechul's schedule. "Good morning, Boss. Have you eaten?" he greeted and put the stack of folders on the desk. Heechul still stared at his phone, felt so annoyed at how the suit man played. "Mmh. What's my schedule today?"

 

Donghae noticed how his boss didn't really pay attention but he just shrugged it off. "You're free until lunch time. At 1, the garment orders will be coming so you are expected to check them. You have a meeting with your last client at 3 and that's all. Also..."

 

Heechul shifted his attention to his assistant. Donghae seemed uneasy. "Spill."

 

 

The younger cleared his throat and smiled apologetically. "Remember the big company, Boss? The one who wants to order a big batch of suits?"

The older nodded and seemed too impatient to the implications of the younger's anxiety.

"Well, it's Sapphire Blue Hotel."

 

 

"Okay? And? So what?"

"You don't know?!" The assistant seemed disbelieving that his boss didn't know.

"No. Why should I? It has nothing to do with me."

Donghae swallowed a lump on his throat and timidly said. "Go look up whose company it is. I'm leaving boss." And he went out of the room. Heechul knitted his eyebrows and he realized that Donghae's uneasiness was contagious. He felt a sudden worry. He turned to his computer and searched for the said company.

 

 

"Let's see... Sapphire Blue Hotel And Resort... Location... Good atmosphere... Strategic place... Suite rooms.." he stuck out his tongue, concentrating and his brows were knitted deeply, "Ah! Here we go, the CEO... Park Jung-"

His eyes shot open upon seeing the too familiar name.

 

 

 

 

"What the actual ??!"

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae who was actually still in the back of the door exhaled a long breath.

"Brace yourself, Hae. World war begins."

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

 

Being extremely furious, Heechul didn't think twice to call Jungsoo's number. The connecting sound echoed like forever in his ear. He was getting really impatient and was about to hang up when suddenly the other line answered.

"Hello? Heechul-ssi?"

The calmness of Jungsoo's voice sounded like a mockery to Heechul.

"What are you planning, huh?! You really want to ing disturb my life, don't you?"

If Heechul's raging words didn't scare the former, he didn't know what else would. He was very frustrated because suddenly he had to deal with someone who... knew his problem. The problem the person shouldn't have known to begin with.

 

 

 

"Can I call you later? I'm in-"

"No!! I'm not done yet and there will be no ing next calls because this is my last warning. Why does your company have to place the orders here? Am I a ing toy? Am I-"

There was a rustle on the other line and Jungsoo's whisper-like apology was heard. "Yes, my apology. This is pretty urgent, I'm very sorry. Give me a second.."

And then his normal voice talked softly. "I'll explain later, okay? I'm in the middle of a meeting, it's quite important. I'll call later, Heechul-ssi. I hang up now."

 

 

 

Confused, embarrassed, slightly guilty, still annoyed, just name any other adjectives which represented how someone couldn't describe his own feelings because it was Heechul right now. He was embarrassed and somehow a bit guilty because he had disturbed Jungsoo's meeting without giving him a chance to speak. However, confusion also struck him as why the suit man would've still picked up his call if the meeting was important just like what he said. Yet, he was still annoyed by the fact that he would have to have a business with the man.

 

 

In all honesty, Heechul actually didn't have any problems with Jungsoo. Heck, he wasn't someone who would hate anyone he met without any reason. To be more frustrating, Heechul in fact quite admired how polite, well-mannered and calm Jungsoo was. But he couldn't easily get over the fact that Jungsoo witnessed something he shouldn't have seen and even helped Heechul afterward. He wanted to throw away this dark past of him yet God wanted just another person, to be exact a stranger, to know his secret.

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

He was busying himself with tons of work because he wanted to get rid of his anxiety. He studied the latest trends, finished some designs and even rechecked some reports. It was effective considering he didn't even realize it had been lunchtime. The designer planned to just get takeouts and ate while trying to find ideas in his office but one particular person came and ruined his agenda.

 

"Mr. Kim, there's someone who wants to meet you in the front desk right now. He said his name was Mr. Park Jungsoo."

 

Heechul rested his head on his desk and sighed. This man was really unexpected and it just added Heechul's suspicions. He pressed the intercom and commanded to send the said man to his office. He remained in the same sluggish position even when there were knocks on his door.

 

 

"Come in."

 

 

The person on the other side of the door turned the knob and entered quietly. 

"I never know being a designer demands a lot of energy that your head and the desk are pressed into one."

"If you're here just to annoy me, go away. I'm busy."

 

 

 

Jungsoo strode over and sat on a red couch with a coffee table on the right side of Heechul's office. He put down his loads and greeted warmly. "Good afternoon, Mr. Kim. Let's have lunch together, shall we?"

 

 

Heechul barely raised his head when he noticed that the suit man brought so many foods with him. His eyes shifted back and forth between the food and the smiling man. His frown deepened when Jungsoo started to unpack the takeouts and took off his black suit.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter