Chapter 22

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
From: Mom Dinner in Islands at 7 tonight. (received: 4:52)

 

From: Jungsoo To: Mom Yes. (sent: 5:13 | seen: 5:27)

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Jungsoo arrived punctually as usual. He got off his car and entered the fine dining venue right away. So many possibilities had occupied his mind since he received a text from his mother. Although somehow, he had expected it, anxiety still grew big inside him. Yet, he was Jungsoo, The Park Jungsoo, composure was his middle name.

 

As he was scanning the whole room, he noticed his mother in one of the exclusive tables. He strode over to her, mentally preparing himself to whatever resulted in this sudden so-called dinner. He knew too well how his mother would play her game.

 

 

"Good evening, Mom. How are you doing?" Jungsoo spoke softly and bowed. His mother smiled sweetly and motioned him to take a seat. She signaled a waiter to come to the table and finally ordered. From the very start, Jungsoo had sensed something was fishy about this invitation and his guess hit the mark. The order placed by his mother for three people was a vivid proof; they were expecting one more person and it unlikely could be Hyukjae, Jisook it was.

 

 

 

"Is there something you want to discuss, Mom?"

"Loosen up a bit, you're being too stiff, Jungsoo. I just want to meet my son, is that wrong?"

 

'Please go straight to the point.'

Jungsoo mentally screamed. He felt suffocated because it was clear where this dinner would lead to. His mother beamed and looked at him in the eyes. He didn't back away.

 

 

"The preparation seems endless, right? My poor son even has to sacrifice his health. Mom is very sorry for being overseas when you needed my care."

"That's fine," Jungsoo put a smile to show his gratitude and seeped his coffee. He waited patiently for his mother to continue because he knew it was only the beginning.

"Your hotel anniversary, Jungsoo, it's a very important event, isn't it? Don't you think it will be a perfect opportunity for you to announce your engagement?"

 

 

The proposal made the CEO choked on his coffee. He even couldn't stop the frown wrinkling his forehead as well as the question coming out from his mouth a second later, "What engagement?"

"Yours, you and Jisook."

 

Jungsoo's eyes widened in surprise as he still proceeded the information. His mother was being persistent about him and Jisook, yes, but there was no discussion about engagement whatsoever. His gaze hardened uncontrollably and he found it difficult to calm his rage. He thought that his mother was just trying her luck to change her son's ual preference; she had a stronger desire and Jungsoo didn't appreciate it at all. He closed his eyes as a sigh escaped his lips.

"We never discussed this matter, Mom and for your information, I haven't met her since our last lunch weeks ago."

 

 

Her mother smiled slightly and seeped her tea. The glint on her eyes told Jungsoo that his mother had a plan set on her mind. She put down her cup and looked at him.

"She's being considerate of your job, son. I think she is also busy with her parents' company. What a decent woman, you and Jisook are truly a match made in heaven."

 

 

Curling his fists tightly under the table, Jungsoo was getting more and more furious. He never said that he was interested in her nor did he have the intention to start a relationship with her; from where his mother deducted that they matched well was a big question for him. As much as he respected and loved his mother greatly, he didn't want to live under circumstances made without his consent. This was his life and he would live with his own way.

 

 

"Mom, I love you so much. I really appreciate your effort to find a good partner for me. But..." Jungsoo paused, trying to come up with words that wouldn't hurt his mom. "But, someone has owned my heart. So, without disregarding your help, I can not grant your said plan."

 

 

Of course. He had expected for his mother to be extremely surprised. How wouldn't she? Her son who never talked about his love life after his coming out just dropped the news that he already had someone. Jungsoo was nervous about how his mother would react although deep inside his heart, he had been ready for anything since his decision to embrace his imperfection.

 

 

She eyed her son intently and fear took over her. She had been doing lots of means to make his son straight again, and she was so afraid that her work was smashed. She loved her son so much, too much. All she wanted was Jungsoo to live a perfect life, be the head of a happy, normal family and gave her grandchildren. She swallowed the hard lump in before she asked weakly, "Who is....?"

 

 

'...he?'

Jungsoo smiled sadly, he knew his mother didn't have the courage to say out loud and he, too, understood that so well. He believed that his mother was more or less aware of what he meant and it surely took time. He gently held his mother hand and said determinedly, "You'll meet... Soon. I can arrange the meeting soon if it's okay with you, Mom."

 

 

 

Without waiting for his mother's reply, Jungsoo got up from his seat and kissed her cheek lovingly. He had to leave soon before Jisook came because meeting her was suffocating. He called a waiter and paid the bills for the night. Glancing back at his mother, he sighed when he saw she was still motionless, gripping her drink cup. He felt extremely sorry but he knew for sure it would definitely take a while for the news to sink in.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Jungsoo got on his car and quickly fished his phone. His eyebrows were knitted tightly when he saw there were no messages or calls from Heechul. Things were getting complicated and he suddenly remembered his doctor's advice to him not to overthink. He drove back to his apartment that night, hoping so many things for tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

From: Mr. Annoying CEO I'm sorry for telling you just now, but is it okay if we have dinner together next time? There's an urgent meeting I need to attend. (received: 5:14)

 

From: Mr. Annoying CEO Heechul? Please don't get mad. I'm sorry, okay? (received: 5:21)

 

 

 

The grip on his phone tightened as Heechul reread Jungsoo's messages from earlier. His heart clenched because he had actually made up his mind. He had called Jungsoo at noon to ask him whether they could have dinner together and when the response coming from the CEO radiating jubilation, Heechul couldn't help but feel excitement grew rapidly inside him. It made him less nervous about what he was going to confess to Jungsoo. Yes. Heechul was planning to finally admit his feeling, honestly and humbly, to Jungsoo. It took all his courage to set aside his ego and con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter