Chapter 21

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RING RING RING

 

 

 

"What the ?!"

Heechul grumbled as the loud shrieking sounds disturbed his deep slumber. He was still feeling tired and sleeping a bit more sounded like a wonderful agenda.

"Sorry," Jungsoo whispered. He d blindly the alarm and finally turned it off. His head was still throbbing but it was doable for him to even sit up. Stretching his limbs, he noticed that Heechul was still asleep. A small smile was put on his face as he looked at the man. He gingerly Heechul's cheek with his knuckles and the soft skin felt so nice against them.

 

 

 

6:13

 

 

 

Jungsoo finally got off the bed as he knew he had to get ready for work. Leaving the hotel for three days was enough if not to make him have a pile of folders and workload to be done. The anniversary was at the end of this week and it demanded no slacking off from him. He eyed Heechul's sleeping form once again and he just realized that Heechul was still wearing his work attire, although it wasn't as formal as his. Having the designer come here and even take care of him was the last thing on his mind because he even wanted to hide his condition from the latter. Yet, anyhow, he also felt extremely over the moon as he could feel that Heechul actually cared about him.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

"Wake up, Chul. It's almost seven."

"Don't wanna. off."

 

 

Jungsoo chuckled and finally crouched down next to the side of the bed Heechul was facing. Whilst slipping into his wife-beater, he tried to shake the younger lightly. Lesson learned—Heechul was a heavy sleeper and very moody in the morning. He had to back away and dodge the punches and flailing arms thrown at him. However, giving up was never in his dictionary and the sight of Heechul's getting all fussy was enough to make him energized starting his day.

 

Daring himself, Jungsoo suddenly leaned closer and kissed Heechul's forehead; hard enough to make the latter stirred in his sleep. The CEO only grinned when Heechul was whining thanks to the contact. But he made a mental note that what he did was actually quite effective as Heechul, now, started to crack his bones and blinked his eyes sleepily.

 

 

 

"What time is it?"

Another note, Heechul's raspy voice was quite a turn on and Jungsoo quickly dismissed his wild thought.

 

"Six fifty-six. Work?" Jungsoo asked and walked into his built-in closet after receiving a lazy nod from the yawning man. He came back a while later while buttoning his shirt. He also brought spare clothes for Heechul to wear and put it on the bed. Heechul's eyes were getting clearer and he frowned upon seeing Jungsoo was getting ready.

 

"You're going to work?" he asked incredulously. Jungsoo calmly grabbed his cologne and hummed as the response. He had to stop his activity, though, when he noticed Heechul's frown deepened. Smiling softly, he sat down beside the man and explained how the hotel needed him since the anniversary was nearing. But surprisingly, Heechul was showing a sign of his not buying any of Jungsoo's excuses.

 

 

"Yeah, right. Work your off and then come home fainting miserably. What a life."

Jungsoo could only smile sheepishly. He knew that what Heechul said wasn't entirely wrong but still he put up his belief that responsibilities came first; he actually was feeling a lot better, tho, thanks to the meds and most importantly, Heechul.

 

 

 

"Ouch!"

Jungsoo screamed when Heechul suddenly punched his arm, although it wasn't as hard as his usual slap. The designer got off the bed, heading towards the bathroom and mused, "That's for last night. You wanted it, don't be a baby."

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

A familiar building was slowly appearing and Jungsoo's heart clenched a bit at the thought of finally sending Heechul off. If he wanted to be selfish and irrational, he would definitely stick to the latter twenty-four seven. Jungsoo glanced at the man who was now busy styling his hair in the rearview mirror and erased his thoughts. Having parked his car in front of the boutique, he finally let out an exaggerated sigh.

 

 

"Didn't I tell you to quit being fussy?" Heechul scoffed, noticing that Jungsoo suddenly got moody. He crossed his arm in front of his chest and turned to the CEO, "What now?"

 

 

Impossible; how could Jungsoo tell him that he had already missed the pretty male? Where did his oh-so-called resistance go? Shaking his head, he finally put a smile on his face. He quickly thought something to cover his transparent feelings and found one when he looked at the designer.

 

 

"You look nice, wearing my clothes."

 

 

Nope. It wasn't a lie. Jungsoo really found Heechul look the most handsome using a simple dress shirt of his, added with a brooch on one of the collars.

 

 

 

"It doesn't mean I allow you to bluff around tho. Your outfits are all boring, how can you live with these?"

"Not entirely right. My clothes are actually fine, but you just overshadow them."

 

 

Rolling his eyes, Heechul huffed at the unending cheesiness, "Imma puke right now right here and I'm not gonna be sorry."

 

 

 

Laughter from Jungsoo followed after. Suddenly, the CEO stopped his laughing fit and turned to Heechul, wearing the sincere gaze that, to be honest, made the designer always go weak. Jungsoo held Heechul's face softly and finally uttered his thought.

 

 

"Thank you, once again. You don't know how happy I am."

"I..."

"...love you," Jungsoo jokingly finished the sentence.

 

 

 

 

Deep inside his heart, Heechul was a bit by bit freeing his caged feelings towards the latter and he badly wanted to say those magical words he didn't have enough courage to finish. Yet, he also needed to ease the aching memory that wanted him to stop his stupidity—finally being brave to love again.

 

 

 

"How are you feeling?" Heechul hesitantly asked. Although Jungsoo looked so much better than last night, he couldn't shoo away his anxiety.

"I'm all good now," the CEO beamed. After pausing for seconds, he finally threw his question that had been bothering him since last night, "how did you know about my condition, Chul? Hyukjae told you, didn't he?"

"He did. He also helped me get to your house," Heechul sighed audibly, "I still don't understand why you had to ask him not to tell me."

 

 

 

'Because you'll take pity on me.'

 

"Do you want me to be honest?" Jungsoo uttered softly, shifting his gaze to the outside. Heechul only hummed; he finally braced himself to tell his story. Inhaling deeply, he began, "I'd been feeling unwell since last week. The anniversary preparation stressed me out and inevitably I couldn't get enough rest. But, I..."

"You kept on making me lunch."

 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter