Chapter Eight

The Four Brothers (ON HOLD)

 

Chun and Angela

Chun and Angela were walking side by side, with Chun a little in front.

They have been walking for a few minutes now without talking. Angela was thinking really hard same with Chun.

Is he really Wu Chun? Chun Ge? Angela asked herself.

Is she really Angela Zhang? Little Angel? Chun asked himself.

“Chun Ge…” Angela whispered as a tear made its why down her face.

-Flashback-

10 years ago

“Chun Ge! I’m right here!” the 10 year old Angela said, Chun was blindfolded they were playing Marco Polo.

“Marco?”  the 10 year old Chun shouted.

“Polo!” little Angela shouted back.

“Polo!” said the 9 year old Gui.

“Chun Ge! You ! Angela Jie can easily catch me when she’s blindfolded!” little Gui shouted to little Chun.

“That’s not fair! She played this game a lot of times, that’s why she’s so good at it!” Little Chun said pouting and stomped his foot on the ground.

“Hao La! Hoa La! Chun Ge stop pouting and start playing! Gui don’t be so mean to Chun Ge! Okay?” little Angela asked the little Gui.

“Okay,” Little Gui said cutely.

“Got you, my little ghost and little Angel!” little Chun shouted behind them and hugged them; they laughed and fell to the ground.

“Hey! That’s not fair! We were talking!” little Gui shouted at little Chun who was still on top of her.

“Sorry, little ghost, should have paid attention!” little Chun said handing little Gui the blindfold.

“Fine!” little Gui said and put on the blindfold…

A year later

“Chun Ge! Chun Ge!” little Angela whispered knocking on little Chun’s window.

“Little Angel?” Chun asked opening the window to let her in, “What are you doing here?” Chun whispered not wanting to wake his parents up.

“Gui keeps crying, because she hasn’t seen you for over a week. She wants me to check on you… Why are you locked up?” little Angela asked.

“Angela?” little Chun asked. Little Angela knew that Chun would only say her real name instead of little Angel when he’s serious.

“What is it Chunny?”

“Promise me to take care of our little ghost for me.” Little Chun said.

“I promise but why?” little Chun didn’t answer her but hugged her instead.

“Also please don’t forget about me…” little Chun said crying.

“Chun, what has happened?”

“You’ll soon know… Now please go before my parents find you here!” Chun said pushing little Angela to the window door.

“Good bye…” little Chun said.

“Okay, see you soon.” Little Angela said.

-End of Flashback-

That was the last words from you, Chun Ge. Goodbye. After that night you were gone with your family, it’s like you have never existed. No one know where you and your family went, if they did they didn’t tell us…

Chun Ge did you know how much our little ghost and I missed you? After you’ve left Gui became really sick, we didn’t have the money to go see the doctors, and our little ghost almost lost her life… Aunty (Gui’s mother) worked five different jobs in order to get the money to heal Gui. Thank god Gui was finally healed, but Aunty… she hind the fact that she had lung cancer and it was the last stage too, she die shortly after Gui was healed but before she died she gave Gui her violin and taught her how to play it. Gui was so very sad, every night when she’s asleep she would always say your name. But not long before Aunty died, Gui was sent away, because we didn’t have enough money to take care of her and my little siblings. Did you know how sad we were…? Angela asked in her mind.

“Angela… what did you say just now?” Chun asked.

“I- I didn’t say anything…”

“Yes you did, you said Chun-” but he was cut off by Genie.

“Angela!” Genie shouted Angela’s name and ran to hug her.

“Wow, what happened, Genie?” Angela asked as Genie started to cry.

“I- I’ll tell- tell you later.” Genie said looking over at Chun.

“We should go now and put our stuff away.” Angela said walking to their dorm with Chun following not far behind.