Chapter Thirty Two

The Four Brothers (ON HOLD)

 

Angela and Gui were sitting in their room. They aren’t talking; they are just staring at each other.

“Gui please! You have too!” Angela said but Gui shook her head.

“Angela, I don’t want too!” Gui final said.

“But why?” Angela asked.

“Firstly I don’t have that much money, secondly I don’t want my parents to know and lastly… I’m scared… scared to die…” Gui cried.

Flashback

“Gui… it will be alright…” Angela kept mumbling. They were sitting in the doctor’s office, Gui had just got examined and they are getting the report.

“Hi.” The doctor said while sitting down. “I’m Dr. Cheng.” Dr. Cheng smiled.

“Hi.” Angela and Gui said.

“How is her report doctor?” Angela asked and the doctor turned somber.

“Ms. Wu… have you experienced this before?” Dr. Cheng asked.

“No… but sometimes I would suddenly blackout and can’t see anything, it lasts about a minute…” Gui told the doctor.

“Doctor… can you just tell us what is wrong?” Angela asked and the doctor sighed.

“Ms. Wu… you are diagnosed with cancer. There is a fist size tumor in your head and that tumor is pressed against your eye nerves. That is why you can’t see now but after some time you would see again and that explains why you have blackouts. I advise you to do surgery and treatment before it could get any worse.” Dr. Cheng said and the whole room was quiet.

“Are you sure?! I don’t believe that Gui could have cancer!” Angela shouted tears in her eyes. Then suddenly Gui shouts out in pain as she was holding on to her head.

“Gui!” Angela shouted.

“Please move over.” Dr. Cheng said to Angela and examined Gui. He started to massage Gui’s head. “Do you feel better now?” Dr. Cheng asked and Gui nodded.

“I can see again.” Gui said.

“Doctor, when can you start the surgery?” Angela asked.

“I’m sorry I can’t start it without a parent’s approval. This is a serious matter.” Dr. Cheng said.

“Doctor is there a way to make my head hurt less?” Gui asked.

“I will give you a medical slip and on the way out you can get the medicine.” Dr. Cheng said and started write, after about a minute he handed Gui a piece of paper. “I hope to see you soon.” He said and shook their hands.

End of Flashback

“Gui… I don’t want you to die either! But this is our only hope!” Angela said hugging Gui. “You know I can’t live without you! What would happen to Chun? Hebe? Genie? They would be so sad!”

“Angela, please don’t tell them about this… I don’t want to worry!” Gui said.

“I promise I won’t tell if you just do the surgery! If you don’t have enough money we can ask my parents!”

“No please don’t tell any of them! I don’t want them to worry… but as for the surgery I would think about it…” Gui finally said while thinking what would happen if I was gone? Brother would be so sad… Gui thought.