Chapter Twenty Four

The Four Brothers (ON HOLD)

 

The next morning

“Come on Gui! We’re going to be late!” Angela shouted.

“Coming! Coming!” Gui said and they both walked out of their dorm. As they closed the door Hebe and Genie from the dorm across from them came out as well.

“Good morning!” Gui said to them but they ignored it and walked away.

“What’s wrong with them?” Gui asked Angela she looked uneasy.

“Um… Gui… I didn’t want to tell you this yesterday when you woke up but… Hebe and Genie are mad at us for not tell her our secret about your dad and brother…”

“Oh…” Gui said putting her head down.

“Gui…”

“I’m fine! I still have you right!” Gui said and linked her arms in Angela’s. “Let’s go! I though we’re going to be late!”

“Right!” Angela said she was relieved that Gui was okay. But little did she know that Gui was just pretending to be, the truth is deep down her heart really hearts.

They reached class just as the bell rang.

“We made it!” Angela said puffing and Gui nodded as they sat in their seats. Angela sat in front of Gui. Hebe and Genie totally ignored them when they sat down.

“Good Morning class!” Ms. Cherry said.

“Morning.” The class said and she took attendance. “Angela?”

“Here.”

“Hebe?”

“Here.”

“Genie?”

“Here.

“Ying Jie?”

“Here.

“Chun?” no one answered. “Chun?” Ms. Cherry asked again.

“He’s not here and neither is the rest of the Fahrenheit.” Wang Zi said. Gui looked back confused. Had he been in this class all along? She looked around again and saw the rest of Hey Girls and Lollipop.

“When they did get here?” Gui asked her self softly.

“Uh?” Angela asked Gui just shook her head.

“So Chun, Aaron, Jiro and Calvin are not here?” Ms. Cherry asked then she looked over to Angela and them. “Do you guys know anything? Why they didn’t come today?” Ms. Cherry asked.

“I’m sorry Ms. Cherry, both Gui and I was late today so we didn’t go to their room…” Angela said and Ms. Cherry nodded.

“How about you two? Hebe and Genie?” Ms. Cherry asked.

“I’m sorry we were late too…” Genie said and Ms. Cherry looked disappointed.

“You guys… I thought you four are more responsible than that!” Ms. Cherry said disappointed.

“I’m sorry.” The four of them said as Ms. Cherry let in a deep breath. “You four… go to the Game room and see if they are there. I know they can skip but not today, I was something I wanted to say…”

“Yes Ms. Cherry.” They said and walked out of class. At the corner of Gui’s eye she could see Xiao Xun smirking. Something inside of Gui doesn’t feel right, but she doesn’t know what.