Therapy

True colours

After the hospital visit Lucia managed to convince Sunnee to start going to therapy with the help of Dylan. Sunnee was scared to back to therapy, she thought she could manage without it but maybe she needed it more than she thought. She threw up a little before because she had stressed herself out but Lucia attempted to calm and reassure her. Lucia didn’t want Sunnee driving so she drove her there. 

Once they arrived Lucia went in with her just to Make sure Sunnee remembered where she was going and was okay to go in. At first Sunnee was hesitant but she went in, Lucia said she would be back in around an hour. 

The familiar lady with the glasses and the dark brown hair got up from her seat and greeted Sunnee “Ah Sunnee long time no see” Sunnee smiled nervously back. Sunnee sat down in the black chair and was thankful for the relief since her back was starting to hurt. “I didn’t think you would return...you said you didn’t need this” Sunnee let out a low sign “i—maybe I was wrong....I still need need help”. The therapist was glad to hear that Sunnee wanted help and she could tell that she was struggling. 

“Are you still having nightmares about him?” The therapist asked, the nightmares had been something that Sunnee had been struggling with ever since the “incident” happened. Sunnee nodded in response and she felt the baby kick hard against her stomach and she winced slightly. The therapist recommended that she talked to her doctor about taking antidepressants again, Sunnee Knew That it would come up and Sunnee didn’t like taking antidepressants because of the way they made her feel. 

She said goodbye to the therapist and she saw that Lucia was already outside the office waiting. She grabbed onto Sunnee’s arm and asked “how did it go?” Sunnee didn’t have any expression on her face “it was fine”. Lucia led her to the car and she could tell Sunnee was uneasy. Lucia sat her down “what’s the matter?” Sunnee’s eyes were starting to water “I don’t want to...” Sunnee began to lose control of her breathing and Lucia gently patted her leg and wiped Sunnee’s eyes with tissue.

Once Sunnee calmed down Lucia started to drive back to Sunnee’s house. Sunnee was clearly tired and she fell asleep during the drive back, she looked so peaceful when she slept and Lucia debated on whether she should carry Sunnee back in but she knew Sunnee would probably be to too heavy now.