Shattered

True colours

(WARNING - BLOOD🚨)

 

It had been two days since Dylan found out about the second court case but he was still unable to tell Sunnee and Sunnee had noticed that he was acting strangely. “Dylan..I know you’re not telling me something, please tell me”. Dylan knew he couldn’t keep hiding this from her and he took a deep breath “The police called, you need to go to court about the incident that happened at the psychiatric hospital”.  Sunnee didn’t need to hear anything else and she didn’t know what to do, she didn’t want to go to court twice. It was nervewracking enough having to go to court because of Wayne and she already didn’t want to do it but she was unsure whether she could handle going to court again. 

She excused herself from the table and went into the bathroom. She locked the door and stood in front of the mirror and   looked hard at her reflection. She felt her eyes begin to water and her body trembled fiercely, she took deep breaths trying to calm herself. She felt scared and frustrated with herself and she just snapped. 

“I CAN’T ING DO THIS” 

Pieces of glass shattered and shards of glass hit her repeatedly but she felt frozen in place all of a sudden and she couldn’t move. She came down onto her hands and knees and she looked at her blood stained hands and she felt her whole body stinging. She just cried and she didn’t even care about the glass that surrounded her or the shouting that she heard. 

He looked at the frail body on the bathroom floor and looked at the blood stains on the floor. He went down to the floor and lifted her up slightly to make sure she was still breathing and that her heart was still beating. She just seemed to be unconscious and when he looked at the wounds from the glass he knew why. Blood was pouring from her body and he didn’t know what to do and he felt his bottoms becoming wet because of the blood. He lifted her up and ran to the car and wrapped her body up in a towel and he ran back inside and grabbed Qinyang from her crib and put the crying baby in her car seat. He got into the front seat and drove to the emergency room trying not to crash into any other vehicle. 

He waited outside whilst the doctors tended to Sunnee’s wounds. He tried to calm down the unsettled baby and hoped she would fall asleep soon. He had to get a woman in the parking lot to carry Qinyang into the hospital because he couldn’t carry them both in by himself. A doctor came out of the room and told him that Sunnee was awake and that they had bandaged and stitched some of the cuts and stopped the bleeding. He grabbed the car seat that had a sleeping Qinyang in it and entered the Room. He was happy to see her awake but he could see the pain and tiredness in her eyes and he sat down next the hospital bed. “Are you feeling okay little sun?” Sunnee didn’t reply to his question and he took it as a no and he knew that she was probably in some pain and he gently took hold of the uninjured hand and held it tight. The Doctors said she could go home in a few hours once they were sure that there was no more bleeding and that there were no other problems.