Sleepless night

True colours

Dylan thanked Mengjie and Lucia for looking after Qinyang and they went home. Qinyang was obviously hungry and it was time for her next feed, he put her into Sunnee’s arms and Sunnee began to feed her. After she was done Dylan put Qinyang into her crib next to his and Sunnee’s bed, Sunnee was still weak so he helped her get into her pyjamas  and he settled her down. The peace didn’t last long though because Qinyang woke up needing a nappy change. Dylan got up and changed her nappy but she wouldn’t stop crying and no matter what Dylan did she wouldn’t stop. He tried walking around the house with her but that didn’t work. Sunnee got up and stood up and walked slowly to find Dylan even though her head was pounding. “Sunnee...what are you doing up? you should be resting” She walked closer to him “I couldn’t sleep”. Dylan felt slightly guilty that Sunnee couldn’t sleep because he couldn’t stop Qinyang from crying.  “Give her here, let me see if I can calm her down” Dylan was slightly hesistant at first but he passed the baby to Sunnee and she almost immediately stopped crying and soon fell asleep against her mothers chest. “I guess she just wanted her mom” Dylan whispered not wanting to wake the sleeping baby up, Sunnee nodded and they walked back to their room. 

Sunnee tried not to fall asleep whilst she was holding the baby since she didn’t want to drop or squish her. After another hours it was feeding time but she didn’t wake up so Sunnee didn’t bother waking her up because she knew it could be difficult to get her back to sleep and she if she was hungry enough she would wake up. Dylan watched Sunnee with their daughter and he loved his girls more than anything. After another hour Qinyang woke up and Sunnee fed her, almost falling asleep as she did. By the morning the new parents were exhausted and didn’t want to get up. Dylan got up since the house needed tidying but he let Sunnee sleep since she needed rest and Qingyang was sound asleep so it was the perfect opportunity.