The morning after

True colours

Lucia entered the house, it was silent. Sunnee was usually awake by now so she walked towards her bedroom. She opened the door and what she saw made her jaw drop. Sunnee was cuddled up to Dylan, Sunnee hadn’t mentioned anything about Dylan? Lucia hadn’t seen him in years. Sunnee eyes had fluttered open and she noticed Lucia standing in front of her and Dylan “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to intrude”. Sunnee sat herself up a little bit “it’s okay, you didn’t know”. Sunnee stood up from the bed and went into the kitchen.

”so Sunnee what is Dylan doing here?” Sunnee looked down and didn’t say anything. Lucia walked closer to her “Sunnee..” she tried to put her hand on Sunnee’s shoulder but she backed up. Sunnee let out a small groan and she rubbed her stomach and Lucia was concerned “what’s wrong?” Sunnee brushed it off “probably a Braxton hick contraction” and she walked to the fridge. 

Dylan woke up and noticed Sunnee wasn’t next to him. He got up and walked through to the living room and there was no one there. He then walked through to the kitchen and saw Sunnee and Lucia? Sitting at the table. “It’s nice to see that you’re finally awake” he heard the Lucia say. Sunnee giggled slightly “come sit down Dylan I made some toast if you want some”. He then walked over to the empty chair next to Sunnee and put some jam on the toast. Neither Sunnee or Dylan mentioned the previous nights events and it seemed like everything was okay.

Lucia was still worried about Sunnee and she knew she wouldn’t be able to get anything out of Sunnee so when Sunnee went to go have a shower she approached Dylan. At first Dylan seemed a bit sceptical and when he did tell Lucia was just concerned about Sunnee so he told her what happened. Lucia didn’t seem too surprised at Sunnee having a breakdown and she knew that Sunnee wasn’t taking her medication. Lucia also knew that she probably wasn’t going to her therapy sessions either and she knew that she needed to do something.