Pain

True colours

Her head was beginning to hurt, she had a lot on her mind and no matter how she tried she couldn’t get rid of those memories,she couldn’t. She sat down and rubbed her temples and she suddenly felt a movement in her belly, she looked down and smiled gently. “ I promise I will try and take care of you” she rubbed over the spot where the baby was and tears started to form in her eyes. 

She attempted to tidy up the house just so it looked presentable since Mengjie was coming to check on her today. She began to hear screams from outside and she opened a window to see what was going on. She saw a man beating a women outside and the woman’s piercing screams  went right through her and all the memories came flashing back suddenly. She tried to grab Onto the window ledge to keep herself upright but she fell to the floor. Pots smashed and her vision began to blur. Her hand began to hurt and she saw blood and she tried to stand but she was too weak. Her belly began to hurt and she began to cry because she didn’t know what to do. Her breathing became worse and her whole body was trembling. 

“Sunnee! It’s Mengjie answer the door” She didn’t remember what happened at first and she tried to stand. Her belly still hurt and she limped to the door. She eventually managed to open the door but Sunnee’s body gave in almost immedialty after opening the door and she was back on the soft carpet again. Mengjie tried to stay calm so she didn’t panic sunnee anymore then she already was. She saw the blood stain on the carpet and she looked at sunnee and recognised that her hand was covered in blood. She gently got her to stand up and led her to the sofa, she got a flannel and washed her hand and put a bandage over the cut on her hand. The stomach pains continued so Mengjie made the decision to get her to the emergency room. 

The doctors said she was experiencing contractions and her body was under a lot of stress. They gave her some medication that would hopefully stop the contractions since it would be dangerous if she delivered the baby this early. They kept her in overnight until they were sure contractions had stopped and made sure that her hand was recovering okay.