Nightmares

True colours

(Flashback)

”Please don’t...I-“ before she could even finish speaking he slapped her round the face and kicked her, she let out a small whimper and he left the house and slammed the door. She knew exactly where he was going and she tried to stand but her legs trembled so much that she fell to her knees, she felt her eyes watering and she buried her head into her knees and sobbed. 

(End of flashback)

She shot out of the bed, her heart was beating quickly and she took heavy breaths. She sat there for a few seconds trying to shake the nightmare off and she took the duvet covers off and sat on the edge of the bed and looked at the moon outside for a few minutes before coming to her feet and she walked to the bathroom waddling slightly as she did. She splashed her face with some cold water and looked at herself in the mirror. There were bags under her eyes and her eyes were slightly red. 

She went back into her bedroom and changed her soaked pyjamas and put on a fresh pair, they were becoming a little small on her now but she didn’t care. She got into bed and tried to go back to sleep hoping she could sleep for a while before the nightmares returned and the sun would begin to rise and she would need to get ready for the day.