A Not So Welcome Home

True colours

Dylan held Qinyang in his lap and he looked down at his beautiful daughter, Sunnee had fallen to sleep and she needed some rest so Dylan didn’t mind looking after Qinyang for a while. Sunnee and Qinyang were meant to be going home tomorrow and some of their family and friends were preparing a party to celebrate Qinyang and Sunnee coming home but Dylan obviously wasn’t allowed to tell Sunnee. The tiny baby had started to cry and Dylan knew it was feeding time so he woke up Sunnee, he passed the baby to her and she pulled down her top and started to feed her. 

(the next day)

Sunnee had gotten changed into some fresh clothes and Dylan had dressed Qinyang in her coming home outfit. Qinyang had passed the car seat test and the doctors checked the car seat was in a properly and was safe. Sunnee sat next to her and Dylan drove the car. Once they arrived home Dylan grabbed the car seat and Sunnee climbed out of the car. They had opened the door and a “SUPRISE! WELCOME HOME”, Dylan was expecting it but Sunnee...not so much. Sunnee froze suddenly and Dylan could tell something was wrong, she fell to the floor and put her hands over her ears again and started to cry exactly as she did the last time she had a hallucination. Dylan put down the car seat and kneeled down next to Sunnee, she didn’t mention Wayne and she wasn’t pushing him away but he could see fear in her eyes. Once she had calmed down he assisted her to the sofa, he was still confused to why Sunnee had reacted in that way but she seemed to be feeling okay now.

Whilst everyone was celebrating Sunnee sat on the sofa and thought, all of the bad memories came flashing back and all she could hear was Wayne. She went to the bathroom and avoided Dylan’s concerned look. She locked the bathroom door and the tears started to flood down her face and she grabbed onto the bathroom sink to prevent herself from falling. Her hands were trembling and her hands slipped from the sink and she fell hitting her head on the sink on the way down. Dylan heard the bang and he gave the baby to Mengjie to hold whilst he went to check on Sunnee. He realised the door was locked “Sunnee! Can you open the door?” He waited for a response but he only heard tears and winces. He went to see if he could find a key and he found one. Sunnee was on the floor and he could see the blood on her hands and the blood on the sink. He looked at her head and and saw that it was bleeding. He applied pressure to her head to try and stop the bleeding and He asked Mengjie and Lucia to look after Qinyang whilst he went to the emergency room with Sunnee.

The doctors stopped the bleeding, luckily she didn’t need stitches but she had a concussion. Sunnee was confused and upset and she couldn’t get rid of Wayne’s voice. The doctors said she should be okay in a few days time and she just needed rest but that would be difficult with a newborn baby in the house. Dylan avoided asking Sunnee too many questions but he needed to know what was wrong with her.