Welcome to the world

True colours

Dylan got Sunnee to the hospital as quick as possible and as safetly as possible. The doctors confirmed her waters had broken and she was already 5cm dilated, after telling the doctors about the hallucination and her freaking out the doctors didn’t want to her go home and they said the best option would be to keep her in hospital. After a little while Sunnee was more relaxed and just wanted this to be quick. The labour seemed to progressing slowly and after 12 hours she was at 7cm. Friends and family had visited and were excited for the new baby. Sunnee’s mom and dad had been unable to get a flight so they knew they may not make it in time but Dylan made sure to FaceTime them so they could check in on Sunnee. After another 12 hours Sunnee was still at 7cm and the doctors suggested to walk around again some more and maybe it would speed up the labour. Dylan stayed by her side, holding her hand and stopping every time a contraction hit.

After around another 3 hours she progressed to 9cm and doctors hoped the baby would arrived soon. After another hour she was at 10cm and the baby was low enough down the birth canal and Sunnee had started to push. “Okay deep breath and a nice big push” Sunnee squeezed Dylan’s hand as she pushed and she screamed as the contractions continued to hit. She began to cry because she was struggling and she kept on repeating “I can’t do it”, Dylan cupped her face and looked her in the eyes “Yes you can..you’re doing so well my sun” he encouraged her and she looked back at the nurses who told her to push again. After another few pushes she heard the nurses say “Here comes the head” and she was relieved that it was almost over. She did another big push and a loud cry was heard and the words “It’s a girl!” were announced. Sunnee’s head fell back onto the pillow and she just continued to cry, relieved that was it was over and that her daughter was here. It finally hit her...her daughter...a girl, Wayne’s words came back and she tried to ignore them. Dylan cut the cord and he was happy that his daughter was here and even though she wasn’t biologically his, his love for her was already there and he couldn’t change that feeling. The baby was put onto Sunnee’s chest and she looked up at her mom and stopped crying. Sunnee  through her thick black hair and kissed the tiny head of her daughter. 

She weighed 6lbs 5oz and was perfectly healthy and Sunnee and Dylan had agreed on the name ‘Qinyang’ for her. Dylan’s name was put on the birth certificate as agreed and everything was fine. Sunnee was taught how to feed Qinyang, at first she didn’t latch but after a few attempts she did and she fed fine. It did feel weird at first but her baby was getting nutrients she needed from her milk to grow strong and healthy. The doctors and nurses said that Sunnee and Qinyang could hopefully go home in a few days and Sunnee was glad to hear it since she didn’t like hospitals that much and she couldn’t wait to bring Qinyang home.