Rest

True colours

The doctors were quick to attend to Sunnee, they were glad that Dylan brought her in since her current condition seemed to be pretty severe. “Is there anything that could have caused this back pain?” Sunnee rubbed her eyes and before she could speak Dylan came in “She walked from her house to the local beach which is around a 15 to 20 minute walk which her body couldn’t handle” the doctors nodded and they checked her blood pressure. “Lets take a look at this baby shall we?” Sunnee nodded hesitantly and lifted up her shirt and revealed the swollen belly. The doctors were concerned because the baby’s heartbeat was slow and Sunnee had said the baby hadn’t moved much throughout the day. 

The doctors looked through her medical records and found out about her mental health problems and little bit about her past and on top of it her poor Health throughout the pregnancy so far. They kept Sunnee in overnight and Dylan had stayed by her side. Before she was released the doctors made the decision to put her on bed rest for the time being since she really needed to slow down and rest because her health was becoming worse and it could also effect the baby’s health. 

The next day she was released and had been put on bed rest and the midwife said she would visit in week to see how she was doing. Sunnee wasn’t particularly happy with the idea of bed rest, she felt useless and that she was a hindrance to others. Dylan knew that Sunnee needed someone to take care of the house whilst she was on bed rest and he was willing to help out.

”Are you sure you’re feeling okay?” Dylan could tell that she was still in pain. Sunnee had assured Dylan that she was feeling okay and that she had some medication to help. She picked up one of the bottles of medication, she was glad that Dylan didn’t know that these were antidepressants because she didn’t want him to worry and find out what had happened. One of the bottles contained antidepressants and the other was medication to help with the back pain. Dylan didn’t know what the medications the doctor gave her were and he probably thought they were just vitamins or painkillers.

Sunnee couldn’t sleep, she couldn’t find a comfortable position, the baby was awake and her back was hurting. Dylan had watched her struggle from the door and he could tell that something else was wrong and he also knew that Sunnee wouldn’t admit it but he was still determined to find out.