Waves

True colours

He got up and looked at his phone, Sunnee still hadn’t texted him back. He was getting worried and he had tried reaching out to Lucia but she hadn’t replied either. He decided to get up and get dressed and go to her house instead of staying cooped up in his house all day. 

He tried ringing her doorbell and knocking on the door but there was no reply. He then looked down and saw a piece of paper that was sticking out from under the door mat, he picked it up and it said “if anyone wants me I’m at the local beach”. He got in his car and started to drive and hoped that she was okay. He went into the car park and got out of his car almost forgetting to lock it. 

He ran to the beach and he looked around and he eventually spotted the familiar face. He walked over to her and sat down next to her. “Why haven’t you been texting me back? Why does it feel like you’re avoiding me” He asked her, Sunnee didn’t reply at first and Dylan sat there and waited for her to say something. “I’m sorry...I just needed some time to think” as soon as he heard her Dylan immediately noticed how her voice was filled with sadness. Sunnee began to rub her back and groaned as she tried to sit up straight. “Sunnee you didn’t walk here did you?!” he knew it would take at least 15 minutes of walk here from her house and at this stage in pregnancy she shouldn’t be waking that distance especially alone. 

The rushing aqua waves were getting stronger and the back pains were getting more intense so Dylan stood up and gave Sunnee his hand to help her up. It took her two tries before she was able to stand up. Dylan had put his hand round her waist to support her since the back pains were causing her to struggle to walk. He put her into the front seat of the car and he was debating on taking her to the emergency room since Sunnee was crying because of the pain. He made his mind up and started to drive and Sunnee didn’t even notice where Dylan was going until they arrived at A&E.