Hands

True colours

Dylan was dreading telling Sunnee about how Wayne had been found and about having to go to court. He was worried that it would trigger a hallunacinaton or a panic attack and he didn’t want to upset or distress her. Qinyang had woken up because it was time for her feed so he had to wake Sunnee up. He gave the baby to Sunnee and she proceeded to feed her. He didn’t have to courage to tell her yet and he decided he would tell her later.

He began to make some dinner, usually Sunnee would cook dinner but he wanted to suprise her and make her a nice warm meal. Once he was done he called Sunnee but there was no reply and he looked around calling for her but there was still no reply. He reached the bathroom and opened the door and saw Sunnee sitting on the floor, motionless. “Nee...what happened?” He asked her as he touched her hand only for her to pull away. He took a step back and decided to give her some space and she stood up without even looking at Dylan and walked past him not even paying any attention to him. 

Sunnnee entered Qinyang’s room and looked at the peacefully sleeping baby and she gently touched her head and went through her dark flufffy hair. Dylan watched her from the bedroom door with sadness, wondering if she would learn to accept him and trust him properly. He tried to respect that she would take a while to recover but he felt so distanced from her and felt that their relatonship had changed compared to before. He walked up to her carefully and stood beside her and looked at the sleeping baby, he was scared to touch Sunnee because he didn’t know how she would react. Sunnee could sense that Dylan was slightly scared and unsure what to do and she wanted to be able to touch him and not be scared. She built up the courage and took hold of his hand keeping the thought that he wouldn’t hurt her in her mind. Dylan was surprised as he felt her touch his hand and he kept a tight hold of her hand, not ever wanting to let go.