Returning Home

True colours

Sunnee was laying on the hospital bed awake but she looked frail and was curled up in a ball. Dylan slowly walked up to her to make sure he didn’t scare her but she seemed to be deep in thought so she barely noticed when he sat down beside her bed. He gently put his hands through her hair “How are you feeling?” He tried to talk to her but it took a few minutes for her to reply. She started to cry “I just want to go home” Dylan knew that it was probably hurting her more staying here and he tried to comfort her “Sssh.. it’s okay...you’ll be able to go home soon”.

After a few hours Sunnee was allowed to go home and was told by the doctors to rest and that she should really visit with her therapist or psychiatrist once she felt well enough. Dylan would have to deal with the psychiatric hospital later, the most important thing was making sure Sunnee is able to go home and get some rest.

Dylan had to pick up Qinyang first. She was asleep so Dylan gently put Qinyang into her car seat without waking her and put her into the car. Mei Qi came out to see Sunnee but when Mei Qi tried to hug her Sunnee pulled away and she began to scream and cry. Dylan didn’t know she would react like that and Mei Qi stepped away from Sunnee to allow Dylan to try and calm her down. Sunnee began to also push Dylan away and he was scared to touch her. Mei Qi said goodbye and went back into her house. Once Sunnee was slightly calmer Dylan began to drive again but he barely started to drive before Sunnee started to punch the dashboard in frustration, Dylan grabbed hold of her hand to stop her from punching the dashboard and she eventually gave up trying to punch the dashboard. Dylan turned his attention back on the road but he could hear Sunnee’s sobs and he just wanted to hold her but he knew she wouldn’t allow him to do that. Sunnee seemed to distance herself from him and just slowly followed behind him into the house and she looked at her daughter as Dylan put her down onto the floor.