It’s time

True colours

Sunnee was now 37 weeks pregnant and was expected to go into labour at any time.  Dylan kept a close eye on her and tried to get her to rest but Sunnee got bored and frustrated easily and liked to walk around even though her ankles were swelling. Her sleep had become even more disturbed and she was obviously exhausted but there wasn’t a lot he could do to help. 

Dylan had began to decorate the baby’s room even though the gender was unknown because Sunnee didn’t want to seem to know and he knew it was a little late to start decorating but it’s better late than never. Sunnee had watched him decorate it and had smiled sadly at him. 

“I want a boy”

”if it’s a girl abort it”

As she heard Wayne’s voice she began to tremble and she clamped her hands over her ears trying to block out his voice. Dylan had heard a bang and he saw Sunnee on the floor clearly in distress, he stepped down from the ladder and walked towards her. Sunnee saw Wayne walking towards her and she began to panic but she was unable to move because her stomach hurt.  Dylan tried to help her but she kept on pushing him away “Go away! Don’t touch me Wayne” as soon as he heard the name Wayne he knew what was happening so he waited for her to calm her down on her own. She ended up collapsing into Dylan’s lap and Dylan attempted to lift her up, she was a bit heavy but he managed to get her to the sofa. He wiped the beads of sweat off of her forehead and wiped the tears. Having a hallucination like that this late in pregnancy could be bad news and Dylan didn’t know whether to take her to hospital.

Sunnee didn’t remember the hallucination when she woke up but she could tell something was wrong. She grabbed onto her left side and began to groan. She took heavy breaths and the pain continued, these pains were unlike anything she had felt before and she then realised what was happening. “Dylan...I think we need to get to the hospital” she said as she attempted to stand up, Dylan took hold of her hand to help her. He didn’t need to ask once he saw that her bottoms were soaked and she doubled over in pain.