Return

True colours

It had now been a little over three weeks since Sunnee had seen Qinyang and her condition was only worsening and was doctors were concerned about how much weight she had lost and her sleeping pattern. Sunnee had continued to try and ring Dylan and even went to his apartment but he never answered the door. 

That was until one day when he came to Sunnee’s house, Qinyang was screaming and Dylan had dark circles under his eyes and looked like he was nearing a breakdown. Sunnee was surprised to see him and her first instinct was to take Qinyang out of the car seat and she held and she could see that the baby was hungry. Sunnee sat down on the sofa and pulled down her top and the baby started to le on her left  and the baby obviously missed her moms milk. Dylan slowly approached Sunnee and was relieved that Qinyang had stopped crying. Sunnee looked up at Dylan with tears forming in her eyes and tension between them was overwhelming. The silence lasted until the baby finished feeding and Sunnee began to burp her. “Sunnee you know I only took her away for your own good” Sunnee was fuming “How the hell was taking her away going to help me!?”. Sunnee stood up and took a few steps but she had to stop as her legs started to shake and became unsteady, she also didn’t want to drop Qinyang. She had tried not to show how weak she really was in front of Dylan but Dylan seemed to have already sensed that something was wrong.

As she began to fall down Dylan had acted quickly and caught the baby. He then changed his attention to Sunnee and he could see how her collarbone stuck out and how skinny her legs looked compare to before, he waited for her to wake up and then he put her onto the sofa and she didn’t even put up a fight. She started to lose consciousness again so Dylan put a blanket over her ice cold body. He put Qinyang in her swinging chair that hadn’t been touched since he was last here and he put some of the clothes away that were lying all over the place.