o70

The Princess Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

------ 2 years later ------

 

“Yeeun, I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Changjo gave her an uncertain look.

“It’s fine. What don’t you like about it?” Yeeun glanced back at her best friends.

“Something looks a little…off.” Sehun tilted his head to the side.

Yeeun stepped back and crossed her arms, “What’s off about it? I think it looks nice.”

“Nope,” Changjo shook his head. “One side is slightly higher than the other.”

Yeeun narrowed her eyes, “Okay, I see it, but it’s not that bad. No one will notice that one side is higher than the other.”

“I thought you wanted this to be perfect.” Sehun teased.

“I do.”

“Then you should make it even.” Changjo pointed with his chin.

Yeeun heaved a sigh, “Fine.”

“My, oh, my. Is our Queen Aleena being picky right now?” Sehun mocked.

Yeeun glared at him, “Are you mocking me?”

“Oh no,” Sehun shook his head innocently. “I would not dare mock our precious queen.”

“Okay, okay, I get it. Help me make it look nice.” Yeeun huffed as she walked towards the banner again.

“As you command, Queen Aleena.” Changjo and Sehun bowed before following.

“You two are impossible.” Yeeun shook her head with a smile on her face as she climbed the stepstool.

“Yeeun, what are you doing?!” Queen Kate gasped causing Yeeun to lose her footing. 

“Whoa.” Yeeun flapped her arms around.

“Got cha!” Changjo steadied her with his hands on her waist.

“Thanks, Changjo.” Yeeun looked down at her best friend, who grinned at her.

“You’re welcome.” Changjo let go of her waist seeing how she was now steady on the stepstool.

“Mother.” Yeeun turned to look at her mother.

Queen Kate stormed towards her daughter, “What in the world are you doing up there?”

“I’m putting up a banner for father’s birthday. Did you forget?”

“Of course not, but how could you go up there? It’s dangerous.” She scolded.

“It’s fine mother. I am fully capable of doing this.”

“Yes, I know, but you are queen now. You cannot keep doing things like this.”

“I’m fine mother. This is for father, so there’s nothing wrong if I want to do this.”

Queen Kate heaved a sigh, “What am I to do with you?”

Yeeun beamed, “Let me continue decorating. Shouldn’t you be keeping father distracted?”

“Oh goodness no, your father has been caring for the new pups that he’s completely forgotten about his birthday.”

“He must really care for Lucy’s pups.”

Queen Kate giggled, “Yes, he does.”

“Mother, we still have to continue decorating or the surprise party won’t go as planned.”

“Why don’t I help as well. Your father is already preoccupied with the pups.”

“Um,” Yeeun looked around the room. “Why don’t you arrange the table? It’ll just be the three of us.”

“Don’t worry about that. I’ll make sure it looks perfect.” Queen Kate smiled.

“Thanks mom.”

Queen Kate walked over to the table in the middle of the room and began arranging the centerpiece.

“Alright, I think that looks good.” Sehun stated looking at the banner.

“Does it?” Yeeun asked wanting to make sure that the banner was straight.

Sehun nodded, “Yes, it’s straight.”

“Wonderful.” Yeeun beamed as she stepped down from the stepstool. She walked to where Sehun was and looked at the banner nodding in satisfaction. “It does look pretty good.”

“You did a good job making it yourself.” Changjo stretched out his fist.

Yeeun giggled and gave him a fist pump. “I can’t believe it’s already my father’s sixtieth birthday. We’re all just getting older and older.”

“Yeah, look at you. You’ve been Queen of Genovia for two years now. You’ve grown quite a bit.” Sehun bumped shoulders with her.

“Oh shush.” Yeeun bumped their shoulders again.

“Who would have thought you’d be such a wonderful queen.” Changjo chuckled.

“It’s because I had you two by my side that’s why. Without you two, I probably wouldn’t have made it this far.”

“Now, you’re giving us credit?” Sehun teased.

“Give credit where credit is due.” Yeeun put her arms behind her back and held her hands together. “I should go check on the food in the kitchen.”

“Did you want me to go instead?” Changjo suggested. “The kitchen is a bit far from here.”

“If you insist.” Yeeun turned to him.

Changjo smiled, “I’ll be back soon.”

“Thanks, Changjo.”

Changjo gave her a salute and left the room.

“Yeeun,” Queen Kate called. “What do you think of this?”

Yeeun walked over to her mother. She observed the table then nodded with a smile, “It looks wonderful mother.”

Queen Kate smiled, “Thank goodness. Do you think your father will like it?”

“Yes, I’m sure he will. I can’t wait to see his face when he comes in.”

“He’ll be in for a surprise. What did you have the chefs make today?”

“I had them make his favorite food. I also baked him a cake.”

“When did you have time to bake him a cake?” Queen Kate blinked at her daughter.

“I bake it late last night then woke up earlier this morning to decorate it so that it could set and cool.”

Queen Kate grabbed her daughter’s hands, “You’ve been working so hard lately that I’ve been worried about you. You’ve been eating your meals on time, right?”

“Yes, I have. You don’t need to worry about that.” Yeeun gave her a big smile.

Queen Kate looked over at Sehun.

Sehun smiled, “Your Majesty, you have no need to worry about Queen Aleena. Changjo and I make sure that she has proper meals at the appointed time as well as taking breaks.”

“Thank you for taking such good care of her.” Queen Kate smiled softly.

“It’s our duty as knights and her best friends.” Sehun replied.

“I’m glad that I don’t have to worry about our little queen here missing her meals.”

“Mom, I’m not a child.” Yeeun huffed with her cheeks puffed out.

Queen Kate laughed, “Yeeun, you look like a child if you do that. Therefore your father and I still see you as a child.”

“I am a grown woman, who is fully capable of taking care of herself.” Yeeun stated with her hands on her hips.

“Now, now,” Queen Kate smiled. “Let’s hurry on the decoration. We don’t want your father becoming suspicious.”

Yeeun heaved a sigh, “Fine.” She looked around the room and saw that everything was ready to go. The only thing that was missing was the food. “Where is Changjo?”

“I’m right here.” Changjo answered as he stepped through the doors with a cart full of food.

“Good.” Yeeun beamed. “I was starting to worry that the food wasn’t going to be ready on time.”

“Yeeun, why don’t you and I go get your father while Sehun and Changjo set up.” Queen Kate suggested.

“But…” Yeeun looked at her best friends.

“Don’t worry about us. This is easy and simple.” Changjo reassured.

“Thanks, Changjo, Sehun.” Yeeun smiled.

“Come now Yeeun.” Queen Kate ushered.

“I’m coming.” Yeeun followed her mother. “I’m counting on you two.”

“Go.” Sehun waved her away.

“Why does she not trust us?” Changjo heaved a sigh.

“No,” Sehun shook his head. “I think it’s only you that she doesn’t trust.”

Changjo sent him a glare, “No, it’s not. You’re as guilty as I am.”

“I am not guilty of anything.”

“You’re guilty of being ugly.”

Sehun narrowed his eyes at his best friend, “I challenge you to a duel after this.”

Changjo smirked, “Deal.”

 

------

 

“Yeeun, can I open my eyes now?” King Alan asked with his eyes closed.

Yeeun and Queen Kate were guiding King Alan for the room that they had prepared his surprise birthday party.

“Not yet.” Yeeun giggled.

“What did the two of yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter