o57

The Princess Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeeun ran her hand through Chunji’s hair as he had fallen asleep on her lap while they were watching a movie. She continued to play with his hair was she stared blankly at the TV. She was thinking about the promise that she had made earlier.

She knew that she shouldn’t have made that promise because she couldn’t keep it. However, promises are meant to be broken, aren’t they?

Heaving a small sigh, Yeeun grabbed her phone that buzzed. She opened the message that she received from Suho.

‘How are you feeling?’ – Suho

‘A lot better. Thank you again for today.’ – Yeeun

Yeeun placed her phone next to her and heaved another sigh.

“Do you want to be thrown into the pool?” Sehun asked as he placed a hand on top of her head.

Yeeun tilted her head up and looked at him, “No, I think I’m good.”

Sehun turned his attention to Chunji, who was still sleeping. “Why don’t you wake him and go up to the bedroom?”

Yeeun looked back down at her husband, “I’ll let him sleep a little bit longer before waking him up.”

“Why do you look so down?” Sehun asked as he leaned against the couch. “Did something happen while I was in the basement?”

Yeeun shook her head, “No, nothing happened.”

“Then why do you look like that?”

Yeeun twirled a piece of Chunji’s hair around her finger, “I made a promise that I can’t keep.”

Sehun crossed his arms, “…I see.”

“As much as I would love to enjoy my time with Chanhee oppa, I think I’ve made my decision.”

“Have you now?”

“I have.”

“Will you not tell him?”

“There’s no need.”

“You won’t regret it?”

“The decisions that I make…are for everyone. You should know that better than anyone.”

Sehun let out a low chuckle, “If Changjo was to hear that, he’d be disappointed.”

The ends of Yeeun’s lips curved upwards, “You’re right. Changjo would be disappointed if he heard that.”

“I want you to know that whatever decision you make, Changjo and I know why. We won’t ask you to change it. We’ll follow through with your decision.”

“I can always count on you and Changjo. Thank you.”

“Don’t fret so much and enjoy your time. I have everything under control.” He gave her a pat on the head before leaving.

Yeeun listened as Sehun’s footsteps faded away as he enters his bedroom that was on the same level. She kept playing with Chunji’s hair as he slept. She couldn’t help it. She wanted to cherish this moment and remember it forever.

“I’ll always love you. I won’t ever love another.” She whispered.

The sound of her phone buzzing grabbed her attention. Yeeun picked up her phone and opened the message.

‘I’m glad that you’re feeling better. Have you tell not told Chunji about your injury?’ – Suho

‘I have not. Please don’t tell him about my injury.’ – Yeeun

‘You don’t have to worry about that. I promised not to tell him, so I won’t tell him. I just want you to rest well and recover fast.’ – Suho

‘Thanks for worrying about me and keeping my injury a secret, oppa.’ – Suho

‘You’re welcome. You’re like my little sister, so you don’t have to worry about anything.’ – Suho

Yeeun smiled reading Suho’s message. She had never really had a brother, well Changjo and Sehun were like her brothers, but coming to South Korea, she got to know more people and truly valued them. She thought about those who she met: Bomi, Namjoon, Niel, Chanyeol, Chen, Baekhyun, D.O, CAP, Mr. Lee, Mrs. Lee and even Kwanghee.  

She reminisced about the times that they spent together. It wasn’t long, but they made a huge impact on her life and she couldn’t thank them enough for coming into her life. Without them, she wouldn’t have known what having real friends would be like as well as being treated as normal citizen.

It felt nice and it was something that she had always wanted to experience at least once.

Tears started to blur her vision as she continued to think about the past three months. Who would have known that time went by so fast? She didn’t even know that she had grown attached to those in South Korea. Her main mission was to find her father’s ally here and come up with a solution to fix her country’s problem.

She wasn’t expecting to meet such wonderful people that turned to friends and to fall in love. Yeeun knew that that her role as a princess was hard and she wasn’t expecting to live a normal life, but she was grateful for what she experienced.

Tears finally decided to roll down her cheeks. She sniffed as she wiped away her tears. She didn’t know why she was crying, but her tears had started to fall.

Chunji stirred in his sleep. His eyes slowly opened to see Yeeun wiping away her tears. His eyes widened in panic as he sat up, “W-What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” He cupped her face.

Yeeun blinked at him before letting out a tearful laugh, “Nothing. I honestly don’t know why I’m crying either.”

However, hearing that wasn’t good enough for Chunji. He frowned as he used his thumbs to wipe away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter