o69

The Princess Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Chanhee!” Mrs. Lee gasped seeing her eldest walk into the living room.

Chunji smiled at his parents, “I’m home.”

Mrs. Lee ran up to him and pulled him into a bone crushing hug, “My sweetheart. I’ve been so worried about you.”

Chunji hugged his mother. He had missed her dearly for the past two weeks. It was nice to hug her.

“Welcome back son.” Mr. Lee greeted with a smile.

Mrs. Lee and Chunji pulled apart.

“I’m apologize for causing you trouble.” Chunji bowed in apology.

Mr. Lee placed a hand on his shoulder, “You don’t have to worry about anything. Your mother and I understand why you did so. We’re just glad you’re home safely.”

“Oh, hyung, you’re back.” Kwanghee stepped into the living room.

Chunji turned to look at his younger brother, “I am.”

Kwanghee smile, “Glad to see you still healthy.”

Chunji rolled his eyes, “I’ve always been healthy.”

Kwanghee chuckled, “Since you’re back, you can take care of the shopping center now. I’ve concluded that I do not want to do that.”

“You think so? I thought you did a wonderful job.” Mr. Lee grinned.

Kwanghee shook his head, “Oh no, I think I’m good on that. Running a business is not my thing. I’d rather be inventing things.”

“You don’t have to run anything, but you can work for me. I think we’ll need an engineer sooner or later.” Chunji smirked.

“I don’t think so. You wouldn’t be able to afford me.” Kwanghee grinned.

“Okay, if you say so.”

Kwanghee laughed.

Mr. and Mrs. Lee watched their sons. They were happy that their sons loved and care for each other. Even though there were times that they didn’t get along, it didn’t matter because they would always support each other no matter what.

“I’ll have the housekeeper make you something to eat. You must be starving.” Mrs. Lee placed a hand on her son’s arm.

Chunji smiled on his mother, “Thank you mother.”

Mrs. Lee patted his cheek gently and left the living room to the kitchen.

“Let’s sit.” Mr. Lee walked around back to the couch and sat down.

Kwanghee and Chunji followed suit.

“How were things in Genovia?” Mr. Lee asked leaning back.

“It seems like everything is under control. Princess Aleena still has a bit of things to finish up, but she has it everything in her hands. She’ll be a wonderful queen.” Chunji answered.

Mr. Lee nodded, “I see.”

Kwanghee stared at his older brother, “Hyung, won’t you be going back?”

Chunji shook his head with a sad smile, “No, we’ve decided to leave things as they are. It’ll be easier this way.”

Kwanghee frowned knowing how hurt his brother was feeling, “Hyung.”

“It’s alright though. We’re both adults and know what we needed to do. She has a country to run and I have a shopping center. We both can’t neglect our duties.” Chunji patted the younger male’s shoulder. “So, don’t look at me like that. If you think about, I didn’t lose a lot. You could say I gained something rather.”

Kwanghee nodded, “Alright hyung, if that’s what you say.”

Chunji smiled as he gave him another pat before retreating his hand.

“I heard that Princess Aleena’s coronation is set to happen in a few months.” Mr. Lee spoke up.

“Yes, they had a small discussion about that while I was there. They plan on doing it soon.”

“I assume that would be a wise decision.”

“How was Genovia? Is as beautiful as the internet says it is?” Kwanghee asked wanting to change the topic so that it doesn’t stay on Yeeun anymore.

“It is. It’s truly beautiful. The palace was amazing. The scenery was just like out of the movies.” Chunji recalled. “I should have taken more pictures of it to show you guys.”

“It’s alright. I guess I’ll just have to go there myself to see the beauty.” Kwanghee grinned.

Chunji nodded, “You do.”

“Chanhee come and eat.” Mrs. Lee stepped into the living room.

“Thanks mom.” Chunji stood up.

Mrs. Lee hooked arms with him, “Come, let’s go. I can’t have my son starve.”

“What about me?” Kwanghee asked with a pouting walking next to his mother.

Mrs. Lee turned to her younger son and beamed, “Of course I’m going to feed you too. I can’t have my two sons hungry. What kind of mother would I be if I didn’t?”

“A bad one.” Chunji and Kwanghee replied in unison causing Mrs. Lee to laugh.

“And I would never be a bad mother. Now, let’s hurry before the food gets cold.” Mrs. Lee ushered as the three of them walked towards the dining room.

 

-------

 

“It’s nice to see you again.” CAP mused as he stepped into Chunji’s office.

Chunji looked up and smiled, “Thanks.”

CAP chuckled as he stopped in front of Chunji’s desk, “How does it feel to be back in action?”

Chunji shrugged, “It’s not too difficult. Kwanghee did a good job while I was away.”

“That boy worked his off because of you. You should reward him.”

“I don’t need to reward him. He’s a big boy. Plus, it’s nice for him to learn about these kinds of things. I started learning about this business when I was in junior high.”

“That’s because you’re an overachiever, so it was all on you. You can’t blame anyone for that.”

Chunji laughed, “You aren’t wrong there. What are you doing here anyway?”

“I came by to let you know that we’re all going to hangout tonight, so come on by.” CAP grinned.

Chunji leaned back, “You came here, just to tell me that?”

“What? You don’t believe me?” CAP blinked innocently.

“Not one bit.”

“Okay, fine, you got me.” CAP heaved a sigh. “I came by because I wanted to check in on you.”

“If you want to know how I’m doing, I’m doing well.”

“I’m glad to hear that.”

“You don’t have to worry about it if you think I’m sad.”

“I didn’t say anything about being sad.”

“You don’t have to. I can tell from your expression. I’m not that sad, so you don’t have to worry. I know how to take care of myself.”

“Don’t you…miss Yeeun?”

“I do, but I know that she’s fine. I know that she’s doing what she needs to. I have to do what I need to do here.”

CAP stared at Chunji. He could see that his friend wasn’t too sad about the fact that he wasn’t with the one he loved. He saw that Chunji had matured and he was happy. “You’ve changed, haven’t you?” He chuckled.

“I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not.” Chunji eyed his friend suspiciously.

“I’m not being sarcastic. I’m just simply stating what I see.”

“Well, are you satisfied knowing that I’m alright now?”

“I am. I’m glad to see that you’re not moping around, and you’ve matured. I don’t know what happened while you were in Genovia, but it seems like you and Yeeun have come to a conclusion that you both thought was best.”

Chunji nodded slowly, “Princess Aleena and I have decided that this is for the best. We both have our duties that we can’t abandon. We’ll continue to support each other and cherish

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter