oo4

The Princess Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What do you think of her, Chanhee?” Mrs. Lee asked turning to her as they walked into their mansion.

“She’s pretty.” Chunji replied.

“I think she’s too good for hyung.” Kwanghee replied.

Chunji rolled his eyes, “No one was asking for your opinion.”

Kwanghee snickered, “She’s a princess and you’re nothing, so she’s out of your league.”

“Kwanghee.” Mrs. Lee scowled.

“Mom, don’t you think so? I mean come on, I know we’re rich, but she’s a princess. She can do so much better than hyung.” Kwanghee stated.

“It doesn’t matter, she’s marrying me in three weeks.” Chunji smirked.

“Yeah, and from the looks of it, she hates the idea.” Kwanghee laughed.

Chunji narrowed his eyes at his younger brother, “Shut up.”

“Chanhee.” Mr. Lee called firmly.

“Is a marriage necessary? It looked like she didn’t even know about the wedding. She sounded shocked when mother mentioned it.” Chunji pressed his lips into a thin line.

“It’s because she didn’t.” Mr. Lee replied. “King Alan had told me that if she had known that she was coming here to get married, she wouldn’t have come at all. We were supposed wait, but your mother couldn’t.”

Mrs. Lee gave her husband a sheepish smile, “Sorry, it just slipped out.”

“Well, now, we just have to wait and see. She took the news a lot better than I expected.” Mr. Lee looked over at his son.

Chunji nodded in understanding, “Alright. What if she doesn’t go through with the wedding? What happens then?”

“The King and Queen assured that even though she won’t like it at first, she’ll eventually come around. However, it’s going to be up to you, Chanhee, to make her feel comfortable.” Mrs. Lee smiled at her son.

Chunji turned to look at his mother bewildered, “Me?”

Mrs. Lee nodded her head, “Yes, you. You have to treat her well because even though she’s a princess, she’s going to be your wife.”

“I’m glad it’s you and not me.” Kwanghee chuckled.

Chunji glared at his younger brother, “I don’t want to hear anything from you.”

“If we hear anything from them, remember to make a good second impression. Princess Aleena is a very sweet girl. Also, do not tell anyone about her being a princess. No one is to know besides us and security.” Mr. Lee reminded.

Chunji and Kwanghee nodded, “Yes sir.”

“Chanhee, I know this is difficult for you, but this is difficult for Princess Aleena as well. You have to put yourself in her shoes.” Mrs. Lee patted her son’s hand.

“I know. I understand why I must do this, but do I really have to?” Chunji looked at his mother. “I mean, she’s not happy about it and I don’t know if this marriage is going to work. We don’t know anything about each other and we’re getting married. This just isn’t right.” He shook his head.

“I know this is hard, but this is to help their country. King Alan and your father has been friends for a long time.” Mrs. Lee reassured.

Chunji heaved a sigh, “Fine. I’ll try my best, but I can’t guarantee anything.”

Mrs. Lee smiled as she squeezed her son’s hand, “Thank you.”

“Good luck. You’re going to need it.” Kwanghee smirked.

Chunji glared at his younger brother.

Kwanghee chuckled, “What? Don’t glare at me.”

“You shouldn’t be talking.” Chunji snapped.

“Woah there, calm down.” Kwanghee stood up from his seat. “I’m going to study because I have a midterm soon.”

Chunji watched his younger brother leave with a frown on his face.

“Kwanghee is just teasing you. You know he cares for you.” Mrs. Lee patted Chunji’s hand.

Chunji nodded, “Yeah.”

“Chanhee, thank you again. I’m sorry that I have to ask you to do this.” Mr. Lee looked at his son apologetically.

“It’s okay. I know what I must do.” Chunji looked at his father with a smile.

Mr. Lee smiled relieved that he could count on his son for something so important, “Thank you.”

 

------

 

“How could you do this to me?” Yeeun asked her parents looking at them angrily. She was video chatting her parents about her marriage that was a surprise to her but planned by her parents.

“Yeeun, we’re sorry.” Queen Kate apologized. “I know we should have told you beforehand, but if we did then you wouldn’t have wanted to go to South Korea.”

Yeeun heaved a sigh, “And so, you thought that I’d go through with the wedding now that I’m here?”

“This is for our country, Yeeun. It’s a duty that only you can do.” King Alan informed.

“But, why do I need to get married? Why someone foreign?” She questioned.

“Because I can’t trust anyone close by.” The King replied. “Mr. Lee has been a good friend of mine for a very long time. I trust

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter