o64

The Princess Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yeeun.” Chunji called softly.

Upon hearing her name, Yeeun looked up. Her eyes widened, not believing that he was standing in front of her. A smile crept upon her face as she took a step towards him, “Chanhee oppa.”

She took a step towards him but then heard a click. Turning her head, she saw the silver barrel of a gun. Her eyes widened as she turned back to look at Chunji, who was smiling at her.

Yeeun’s heart launched forward.

“One more step forward and he’ll be gone.” A voice stated.

That sent shivers down Yeeun’s spine. She couldn’t move. If she moved, her love would be shot, and she didn’t want that.

“Yeeun.” Chunji called out again as he started walking towards her.

Tears began to gather in her eyes, “Oppa…stop.”

However, her whisper didn’t reach him. He continued to walk then he suddenly stopped.

“My, oh, my.” The voice chuckled. “Why does he look so confused?”

Yeeun gasped. She was now holding the gun and pointing it at him. She didn’t know when or how it happened, but her finger was on the trigger ready to shoot.

“S-Stop this.” Yeeun hissed as she tried throwing away the gun, but it didn’t work. Her arms wouldn’t listen to her. “Stop this!”

The voice chuckled darkly, “I can’t do that.”

“Stop this!” Yeeun shouted with tears now rolling down her cheeks.

“Yeeun?” Chunji called out confused as he took a step forward.

Yeeun’s finger pressed on the trigger a little hard, “Stop! Oppa, don’t move! Don’t come any closer! Please.” She pleaded desperately.

“Why are you holding a gun? Are you running away from someone?” Chunji took another step forward. “Let me help you, Yeeun. I came here to help.”

Yeeun shook her head as she continued to cry, “No! Stay away! Leave! Run!”

“He can’t do that.” The voice laughed. “He’s here because of you.”

Yeeun’s eyes widened in shock, “B-Because of me?”

“Yes,” The voice replied slowly. “Because of you. You’re the one that wanted him here. You’re the one that wants him dead.”

Yeeun shook her head in denial, “No, no, I don’t want to kill him. I don’t want him dead. I want him to live.”

“I don’t think.” The voice whispered in her ear. “You don’t want anyone to have him. You don’t want anyone to love him besides you. If you die, then he dies.”

“No,” Yeeun swallowed. “No, I don’t want that. I want him to be happy.”

“And he’ll be happy to follow you.” The voice tickled her face.

“Yeeun, I’ve missed you so much.” Chunji chimed in having her turn her attention to the man she loves.

“Oppa, stop.” She begged. “Please don’t come any closer.”

“But why? I want to hug you. I want to kiss you. I miss you.” Chunji spoke as he continued walking towards her.

Yeeun could feel her finger pressing on the trigger, “Stop, please!”

“Yeeun.” He called lovingly.

“Stop!” Yeeun pleaded as she heard a gunshot. A gasp escaped as she saw the bullet hit Chunji in the shoulder causing him to fall onto his knees. “OPPA!”

Chunji lifted his head and gave her a smile, “…Yeeun.”

“Stop…please…I’m begging you.” Yeeun pleaded.

The voice chuckled, “Beg all you want. I can’t stop you. This is what you want.”

Yeeun shook her head, “No…I don’t want this…please.”

“Yeeun…” Chunji called as he slowly got back onto his feet.

Before she knew it, another bullet pierced through Chunji’s abdomen having him fall forward.

“OPPA!” Yeeun screamed at the top of her lungs. She didn’t even recognize her voice as she threw down the gun and ran with all her might to Chunji. She dropped to her knees and cradled him in her arms. Tears were streaming down her face and not ending.

“Oh god, oppa.” She sobbed as she buried her nose in his hair. “Please don’t die.”

“He’s going to die because of you.” The voice whispered as Yeeun shook her head.

“No, no, no, no!” Yeeun sobbed.

“…Yeeun.” Chunji called as his eyes began to close.

“Don’t close your eyes!” She shrieked.

“This is what you wanted. You can’t deny it.” The voice chuckled. “This is what you had always wanted. Deep down inside, you wanted this.”

“Stop! Who are you?!” Yeeun looked around as Chunji was still cradled in her arms.

“I’m you.” The voice beamed as a black figure began to show itself in front of her.

Yeeun stared at the figure in shock. It was her, but it wasn’t her at the same time.

“Yeeun, I’m you.” The second Yeeun smiled darkly.

“You are not me.” Yeeun spat.

“I am.”

“You’re not.”

“Oh, but I am. Chanhee oppa is dead and soon you are too.” The second Yeeun took a step back and disappeared.

Yeeun looked down at her lap and saw that Chunji had stopped moving. He wasn’t breathing any more. He was…gone.

Tears started rolling down her cheeks then suddenly water started to fill up the space. It quickly surrounded her and drowned her. Chunji floated away from her as she swallowed down water. She couldn’t move. She froze because she was scared.

It brought back the horrible memories of when she was a child and drowned. She couldn’t move. The water surrounded her taking away all her senses. Her lungs began to fill with water as she stopped breathing. She couldn’t hear anything anymore.

Her mind was blank. Her body was beginning to feel cold. She couldn’t feel anything anymore.

She began to float away from Chunji. She reached out her hand, but she couldn’t do anything. No matter how much she moved her arms, she didn’t move and began to fall deeper and deeper.

“No!” Yeeun gasped as she sat up in bed with sweat on her forehead. She continued to pant as she tried calming her heart. She wiped off the sweat with the back of her hand. “It was just a dream. It was just a dream.” She whispered.

Taking a deep breath, Yeeun looked around her room. It was still dark and no one besides her was in the room. Finally calming down a bit, she let out a shaky breath, “It was just a dream, Yeeun. Just a dream.”

She laid back down in bed and grabbed a fistful of her blanket, “Everything is okay. Nothing is wrong. Everything is okay.” She closed her eyes planning to go back to sleep, but she couldn’t. She was still shaken from her dream.

Sitting up again, Yeeun took a deep breath to calm herself. She slowly climbed out of bed and walked over to her balcony doors. She opened them and stepped outside.

The gentle summer breeze blew past her as she placed a hand on the stone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter