o10

The Princess Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh.” Yeeun gasped as she looked at the palace in front of her.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” Chunji grinned as he glanced at Yeeun.

“I would have never thought that there would be such a place here in the middle of the city.”

“Shocking, isn’t it?”

“I wouldn’t say shocking. It’s just a little bit unexpected, that’s all.”

Chunji chuckled, “If I remember correctly, isn’t the castle of Genovia also in the middle of the city?”

Yeeun shook her head with a smile, “No, it’s not. It’s on the edge of the city.”

“Ah, is it better that way?”

“Much better. I don’t know what I would do if our castle was in the middle of the city. That’d be way too chaotic.”

“You’re right, it would be chaotic. All we have left now are the palaces. No one lives in them anymore.”

Silence grew between the two as they walked further towards the palace.

“This is completely different from our castles. Maybe I’ll have my father build me one like this once everything is over.” Yeeun whispered as she looked around.

“I must apologize. I don’t know too much about the palaces, so I can’t give you any information about them.” Chunji apologized.

“It’s alright. Just looking at them and seeing their beauty is enough for me. There are many things in the world that I yearn to see, but don’t have the time to.”

“Being a princess is tough, isn’t it?”

Yeeun let out a small laugh, “You have no idea.”

“Being the heir to a shopping center is nothing compared to being a crown princess.”

“No one has any idea.” She whispered as she continued to look around.

Chunji observed her as she whispered. He didn’t know if he was supposed to hear that or not, but he heard it and it sounded bittersweet. He watched as she looked around the palace as well as the people visiting.

She didn’t look like a princess. She looked like a normal citizen and nothing else. However, he could see the weight that she had on her shoulders. He didn’t know much about her situation, but he knew that it wasn’t good, and it was weighing her down. He could sense that although she was being a bit carefree, she was hiding something as well. He wasn’t going to push her into saying it because he knew it wasn’t his business.

The marriage that is going to happen, it is all for business. Even though it is business, it was serious business that he can’t seem to wrap his head around. His parents didn’t tell him much and he wasn’t expecting Yeeun to tell him anything either unless she wanted to.

“Are you just going to stand around?” Yeeun asked snapping Chunji out of his thoughts.

Chunji cleared his throat as he walked towards Yeeun, “Sorry, I was just admiring the buildings.”

Yeeun let out a small laugh, “Really? It seemed more like you were staring at me.”

Heat rushed to Chunji’s cheeks when he heard that. He swallowed with a frown at his face, “No, I wasn’t staring at you. I was just admiring the building behind you.”

Yeeun turned to look at the building behind her. She tilted her head in confusion before turning back to Chunji, who was smiling. “That looks like a very suspicious smile.” She narrowed her eyes.

Chunji shrugged, “There’s nothing suspicious at all.”

“Alright, if you say so. Let’s continue this way.” Yeeun led the way.

Chunji watched her go before following.

“You know, I didn’t expect for the palace to be this big.”

“Really now? Palaces are meant to be big, aren’t they?”

“They are.”

“There are still more palaces. This isn’t the only one.”

“It isn’t?” Yeeun turned to look at Chunji in shock.

Chunji chuckled, “The palaces are separated, so we still have to walk some more if you want to see everything.”

“Wow. I would have never thought that South Korea’s palaces would be this big.”

“Did you think it was going to be small?”

Yeeun shook her head, “No, I’m just surprised. However, I’m glad to be here to see for myself on how bit it is. It reminds me of home.”

“Home?” Chunji raised a brow.

“It does in some way.”

Chunji softened, “Do you miss Genovia?”

Yeeun took a deep breath, “…I do, but I have to stay here for a while.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Why are you apologizing? You didn’t do anything wrong.”

“I just feel as if I’m not making you enjoy your time here.”

“No need to apologize. I should be the one apologizing because my parents had dragged your family into our country’s business. However, I understand why they did so since we’re in need of help.”

“In need of help?”

“I guess no one has told you anything about the situation, huh?”

“No, no one has said anything.”

“Genovia is having some problems right now. Our officials are trying to take over when my father is still on the throne. My father doesn’t have anyone he trusts in Genovia, so he sent me here.”

“To marry me to help?”

“I believe so. I also believe that this marriage has been planned out for a while for my parents to allow me to come here at this time.”

“I assume so.”

Yeeun gave him a sweet smile, “But it’s alright, I’m enjoying this little bit of freedom while it lasts.”

“Well, I guess for you to fully enjoy your freedom, I should make everything the best experience you’ll ever have.” Chanji grinned.

“I’ll leave everything in your hands.”

“Very well. Let’s continue this palace tour.”

 

------

 

“This restaurant is one of my favorites. I hope you’ll like it.” Chunji smiled as he sat in his seat.

Yeeun looked up at him with a smile, “I’m not too picky with my food.”

“Well, pick anything that you like.”

“I will.” She opened the menu and skimmed through it.

Chunji couldn’t help but observe Yeeun. He knew he had been observing her the whole morning and it was because he was curious about her. He wanted to know what kind of person she really was and even though she had her guard up, it wasn’t up completely so he g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter