o63

The Princess Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Is this all?” Yeeun asked looking up at Sehun, who nodded.

“That’s what I have from South Korea.” Sehun replied.

“And this is all that I have from here.” Changjo handed her a stack of papers.

Yeeun accepted the papers and heaved a sigh.

“You should take a break, Yeeun. You’ve been at this since early this morning.” Changjo stated concerned.

“I’m fine.” Yeeun flexed her fingers.

“Changjo’s right. You need to take a break.” Sehun stepped up. “You barely ate breakfast this morning and it’s already late in the afternoon. You haven’t had lunch either.”

“I’ll have the maids bring something here so that we can eat together. Sehun and I cannot have you crashing on us.” Changjo gave her a charming smile.

Yeeun stared at the knights. She was glad to have them around. If it wasn’t for them, she probably would have crashed by now. “Alright, let’s have lunch.”

“I’m glad to hear that you can still be reasonable.” Sehun chuckled happily.

Yeeun rolled her eyes, “Whatever. I’ve been reasonable.”

“You might want to rethink that.” Changjo teased as he headed out of the office.

“Now, you’re being ridiculous.” Yeeun frowned.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure to get your lunch here quickly so that you don’t have to devour Sehun and I.” Changjo sent her a wink and stepped out.

Yeeun shook her head with a smile, “Oh Changjo.”

Sehun grinned, “You look a little better today.”

Yeeun cupped her face, “Did I look bad before?”

“You looked a little…sad.”

Yeeun swallowed the lump in , “…I guess I was.”

“How are you feeling now?”

“I wouldn’t say that I’m feeling the greatest. However, I’m determined to finish this. I want to finish this and finally be happy.”

Sehun softened, “And finally be happy, huh?”

Yeeun turned to look out the window, “It’s only right that I explain things to Chanhee oppa. I left without a word and even divorced him. I’m the worst wife anyone could have, and he deserves better, I know that. However, when all of this end, I’m going to go back and tell him how much I love him without any burden.”

“Even if that doesn’t turn out to be the way you want it, you’ll have no regrets?”

“That’s right. Even if he hates me and doesn’t love me anymore, as long as I’ve told him how I feel, I won’t regret anything.”

“I’m glad to hear that. I really am.”

Yeeun turned back to him with a soft smile on her face, “It’s the least I can do for the trouble that I’ve caused him.”

Sehun nodded, “I guess we’re just going to have wait and see. Oh, I think I hear Changjo.”

The doors opened and strolled in Changjo with a cart full of food. “I’m back!” Changjo grinned happily as he stopped at the table in the corner of the office.

“We should go over there or Changjo is going to drag us over.” Sehun jabbed his thumb in Changjo’s direction.

“Hurry up you slowpokes.” Changjo ushered.

“Coming, coming.” Yeeun giggled as she stood up and made her way over to the table.

“I had them make something quick and light since I’m sure you don’t want anything heavy.” Changjo grinned.

“You definitely know me.” Yeeun beamed as she sat down.

“Of course, I do.” Changjo chuckled. “I am your best friend.”

“You’re not her only best friend now.” Sehun chimed in.

“I never said I was.” Changjo huffed as he picked up his fork. “I also have sandwiches here.”

“Thanks, Changjo. You really are the best.” Yeeun grabbed a sandwich.

“You need to eat a lot if you’re going to work this hard.” Sehun took a bite of his food.

Changjo nodded in agreement, “That’s right. We need to make sure that you’re well-nourished.”

“You two need to stop. I can say the same to you to. You guys need to make sure you’re well-nourished. If not, I’m going to have to find other knights to help me.” Yeeun stuck out her tongue at them.

“Like we’ll let that happen.” Sehun shook his head.

“We’re going to be with you whether you like it or not.” Changjo grinned.

“Stop talking and eat.” Yeeun said before taking a bite of her sandwich.

“After we eat, we’ll organize everything that we need into one file. That way it’ll be easy to tell which file we need to really focus on.” Sehun started. “Once that’s completed, we’ll make sure that we hit them hard.”

Changjo nodded, “Wonderful idea.”

“Of course, I’m the organized one out of the three of us.” Sehun stated confidently.

“Well excuse you.” Yeeun scowled.

“What?” Sehun blinked. “I’m just stating a fact. I am the most organized one.”

“You are not.” Changjo disagreed. “Yeeun is.”

“Oh no, I don’t think so.” Sehun shook his head.

“I won’t say that I’m the best, but I am better than you two combined together.” Yeeun boosted.

“Please.” Sehun scoffed.

“Ew. You’re making your food fly everywhere.” Changjo waved his hand in the air to swat away anything that Sehun might have spitted out.

“I did not.” Sehun protested.

Yeeun laughed. She loved how the two of them could make her forget about everything. Just their bickering was enough for her to feel at ease with everything that was going on.

For the past few days she has been feeling stressed and stiff but eating lunch now with her best friends really helped ease the stress away. She felt like she hasn’t had a good laugh in a while now, so it was refreshing to be able to laugh like that.

“And what you are laughing about?” Sehun narrowed his eyes.

Yeeun just shook her head, “No reason.”

“You can’t just laugh out of nowhere and not tell us. What’s wrong with you?” Changjo clicked his tongue.

“What?” Yeeun continued to laugh. “I can’t laugh? Are you restricting me of laughing now?”

“What?! No, of course not.” Changjo squeaked.

“What are you, a chipmunk?” Sehun raised an eyebrow. “Squeaking like that isn’t what knights do.”

“Oh,” Changjo rolled his eyes clearing his throat. “You’re the only to talk.”

“Hey.”

“Stop it.” Yeeun giggled at her friends’ childish argument.

“Stop it.” Sehun mimicked her.

“Are you mimicking me now?”

“Oh, no, of course not. I would never dare to laugh at Princess Aleena.” Sehun put his hands up in surrender.

“Okay, now you’re really making fun of me.” Yeeun narrowed her eyes.

Sehun smirked, “I wouldn’t dare.”

“Says the person who’s smirking.” Changjo snickered.

“You too.” Yeeun turned her attention to him.

Changjo blinked at her puzzled, “What? What did I do?”

“You’re in the same boat as Sehun.” She pointed at finger at him.

“I didn’t do anything.” He defended.

“Changjo, you’re in the same boat as me, don’t forget that.” Sehun smirked.

Changjo turned to glare at him, “Shut up. I don’t want to hear that from you.”

“Oh ho, don’t be mad now. We’re knights. We can’t be mad.” Sehun stated teasingly.

“Don’t make me reach over and wipe that smirk off your face.” Changjo threatened.

“And I thought we were going to have a peaceful lunch.” Yeeun heaved a dejected sigh.

“How do you expect to have a peaceful lunch with him here?” Changjo and Sehun asked in unison pointing at each other.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter