o68

The Princess Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Two weeks went by in a breeze.

Yeeun, Sehun and Changjo continued their work of putting Genovia back in order.

The new officials were appointed and there were council meetings every day. Yeeun was busy early morning until late evening. She barely got to rest, but she wouldn’t have it any other way because it meant that Genovia was getting back on track.

The progress of cleaning up of the old officials were going smoothly. Sehun and Changjo had dealt with everything the previous officials had ruined.

The bond between the newly appointed officials and the royal family seemed to be stronger than before. With Yeeun leading, everyone around her could see that she was truly meant to be queen. There would be no other like her.

King Alan and Queen Kate couldn’t have been prouder of their daughter. They saw how hard she worked day in and day out. They knew that with Changjo and Sehun by her side, Yeeun was capable of leading the country.

However, they were aware of Chunji’s presence. They knew that he would demand a little bit of Yeeun’s time. Even though he was there, he was helping her. The King and Queen knew that both Yeeun and Chunji had feelings for each other, but they couldn’t interfere.

It wasn’t their business.

All King Alan and Queen Kate could do was support their daughter and whatever decisions she made. She is the next queen.

 

After a long day of meeting after meeting, Yeeun was finally able to go back to her chamber. She was greeted by Chunji, who was waiting in the lounge area of her room.

“Oppa?” She blinked at him puzzled to why he was there.

Chunji stood up with a smile, “Finally done?”

Yeeun nodded, “Finally.”

“If you’re not too tired, would you care to take a walk with me?”

“Of course.”

“Wonderful.” Chunji walked towards the double doors and opened it waiting for Yeeun, who gave him thankful smile and stepped out into the hallway with him following suit.

“Is there someplace you would like to go for the walk?” Yeeun asked turning to Chunji, who shook his head.

“Not really.” He replied. “Do you know of any place? This is your palace after all.”

Yeeun thought about it. Did she know of a place? Of course, she did. It was her secret hideout. Not even Changjo and Sehun knew about it. “I know the perfect place. It’s a secret though.” She placed a finger on her lips.

Chunji chuckled, “Are you sure it’s safe to share your secret place with me?”

“I think I can trust you.”

“Now, I’m excited to see this place.”

“You have to keep it a secret. Changjo and Sehun doesn’t know about it. I’m planning on keeping it that way.”

Chunji zipped his mouth with an imaginary zipper, “My lips are sealed.”

Yeeun laughed in amusement as she led him to her secret hideout.

The two of them stepped out of the palace. Yeeun led them to a gate with vines covering it.

“Are you sure this is the place?” Chunji looked around. “It looks creepy.”

Yeeun turned her head to look at him, “Don’t tell me your scared, oppa.”

Chunji swallowed, “Of course not. This kind of thing doesn’t scare me.”

Yeeun nodded as she pushed open the gate, “Good.”

The gate made a loud creaking noise as it opened. Yeeun stepped past the gate and looked around as a smile played on her lips.

Chunji followed her and his jaw dropped open, “Wow.”

Yeeun spun around and spread her arms, “Welcome to my secret place.”

Chunji looked around, “This is amazing. How did you keep this place a secret?”

“It’s not much. I just had the butlers give me hanging lights, a table, and a few chairs.”

“And they weren’t suspicious about anything?”

“No, not really. They probably thought I just needed new furniture.”

“I’m still so shock.”

“I’m glad your surprised. Even though this is nice, my favorite spot is in there.” Yeeun pointed to the enclosed gazebo that stood in the middle of the small area.

“What’s in there?” Chunji questioned.

Yeeun smiled and grabbed his hand pulling him towards the enclose gazebo. “I found this place when I was about fourteen. I was running away from Changjo and Sehun because they were going to force me to train and I didn’t want to train. I just happened to stumble upon this place then and I converted it into my secret hideout.”

“I can see that.” Chunji mused as they stepped into the gazebo. He looked around and saw how cozy it was. It had three beanbags, a bed in the corner, a small round table with a chair, a loveseat couch on one end with blankets and pillows and hanging lights above their heads.

“This place seems very cozy. Do you sleep here too?” Chunji stared at the bed.

Yeeun shook her head as she picked up one of the pillows and sat on the loveseat couch, “If I was to sleep here overnight, the whole palace would go up in chaos. I’ve only taken naps. That way I can have some peace and quiet without anyone bothering me.”

Chunji sat down next to her, “Being a princess must be really hard.”

Yeeun giggled, “I thought you already knew that.”

“You can’t even sleep in peace. That’s hard.”

“I’ve gotten used to it. Growing up as a princess has is pros and cons. I can’t complain too much.” Yeeun turned to him. “I’ve had one of my dreams come true.”

Chunji blinked at her, “And what is that?”

“I was able to become a normal citizen. I was someone that no one knew. I didn’t have maids fussing over my daily routine. It felt nice to be Yeeun Lim and not Princess Aleena.”

Chunji softened. He scooted closer to her, “I know that this may not be the best time to ask, but I have to ask. If I don’t ask, it’s going to eat me up on the inside.”

Yeeun gave him a curious look.

“Can’t you go back with me?” Chunji asked with pleading eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter