o61

The Princess Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chunji pinched his brows together at the sound of his alarm. He groaned and stretched out his arm in search of his phone. Finally locating his phone, Chunji turned off his alarm. He opened his eyes and turned his head to Yeeun’s side of the bed.

An empty spot greeted him. He didn’t think too much of it because even if Yeeun wasn’t in bed, she would be somewhere else in the house.

Knowing that he needed to get ready for work, Chunji climbed out of bed and made his way over to the bathroom. Freshening up, Chunji changed his clothes then made his way downstairs.

The house was quiet like usual. Making his way to the kitchen, he expected to see Yeeun in the living room watching TV but there was no one there. He found it odd, but it wasn’t enough to set off alarms in his head.

Once in the kitchen, Chunji poured himself a glass of orange juice. He downed the glass before setting it in the sink. He looked around and was starting to find it odd that the house was that quiet. It was usually quiet, but now it just seemed oddly quiet like no one lived in the house.

With a frown on his face, Chunji walked towards the basement. He opened the door and descended the stairs to find it dark. He the lights and looked around. There was nothing out of the ordinary, but there was no Sehun which was quite unusual.

He walked over to the computer and saw detailed notes and blueprints scattered all over. He picked up one of the papers and read over them. As he continued to read, his heart broke. He was in disbelief. He was angry. He was sad.

“She left? She…left me.” Chunji stared at the paper in horror. His worst nightmare had come true. Yeeun had left him without telling him…anything.

He clenched his jaw as he crumbled the paper in his hand. He threw the paper onto the floor and stormed up the stairs. He slammed the basement door shut and grabbed his car keys that were on the table and stormed out of the house.

Chunji was furious. He couldn’t believe that Yeeun had just left him like that. How could she be so heartless? Was he just a tool that she used for her gain to control her country again? He couldn’t stop those negative thoughts from entering his head.

As he climbed into his car, he hit his steering wheel in frustration. “How could she do this?! How could she?!” He shouted as he continued to hit the steering wheel.

Remembering what he read on the paper wasn’t helping his anger cool. It only fueled it even more. He knew that she came to South Korea for business and he wasn’t expecting to fall in love with her, but he did. He knew that he couldn’t live without her once he fell in love with her and he had hoped that she would stay with him forever.

“Damn it.” He cursed as he squeezed the steering wheel. He was going to get to the bottom of this and he knew just who to go to.

 

------

 

“Dad.” Chunji burst into his father’s office causing the older male to look up startled.

“Oh, Chanhee.” Mr. Lee blinked at his son, who was now standing in front of him. “Good morning. What brings you here?”

“Yeeun left.” Chunji stated.

Mr. Lee opened his mouth but closed it again. He nodded, “I see.”

Chunji narrowed his eyes at his father, “What does that mean? You knew that she was going to leave?”

Mr. Lee cleared his throat as he stood up, “Chanhee, I know that this is a shock to you, but you have to understand.”

Hearing that made Chunji furious, “Dad, you knew about this but kept it from me?! How could you?!”

“Son, you have to understand. This was the way that Yeeun wanted.” Mr. Lee explained.

“This is the way that she wanted?” Chunji shook his head in disbelief. “Dad, she walked out on me. She left me!”

“Chanhee, calm down.” Mr. Lee placed a hand on his shoulder, but Chunji just shrugged it off.

“No, she left me.” Chunji sneered.

Mr. Lee frowned not liking the tone that his son was using, “Lee Chanhee.”

“Dad, I can’t believe you kept this from me. Does mom know about this too?”

The older male kept quiet and that was all the younger male needed.

“I can’t believe it. Mom knew about this too?!” Chunji threw his hands up in the air. “This is ridiculous!”

“Chanhee, I can explain.” Mr. Lee took a step towards him. “First, I need you to calm down. I know that you’re upset, but you need to calm down. You know that Yeeun is a princess and what her duty is.”

Chunji scoffed in disbelief as tears gathered in his eyes, “How could I forget? Yeeun is a princess and heir to the throne. Of course, she could just walk all over me and leave me like this. She has her duty that is more important than me.”

“Chanhee, don’t say that. I apologize for not telling you anything, but this was what Yeeun wanted. She didn’t want you to know that she was leaving, but you must understand. If she was to have left with you knowing, who knows what you would have done.”

“I would have stopped her. I wouldn’t have let her go.”

“Because she knew that, she decided to go secretly.”

“Chanhee, you can’t blame her to leaving that way.” Mrs. Lee chimed in.

The two males looked up to see Mrs. Lee standing in the doorway with Kwanghee next to her.

“Mom.” Chanhee called softly as his eyes shifted to his younger brother. “Kwanghee?”

“Hyung, you can’t blame mom and dad for this. They only followed Yeeun noona’s instructions.” Kwanghee stepped up.

Chunji narrowed his eyes at his younger brother, “You knew about this too?” He turned to look at his parents. “Was I the only one who didn’t know that Yeeun was planning on leaving? Does everyone know?”

“Hyung, we’re the only ones that know.” Kwanghee replied.

“And you guys kept this from me?”

“We had to Chanhee.” Mrs. Lee reasoned.

“Just because she’s a princess, you all decided that you were going to follow her orders and not say anything to me?” He looked at his family. “Because you all thought that I was going to stop Yeeun from leaving?” Chunji shook his head.

“We knew that you were going to stop her, that’s why.” Mrs. Lee explained.

“And I would have.” Chunji balled his hands into fists.

“Hyung, don’t be ridiculous.” Kwanghee frowned. “You honestly didn’t think you could have kept Yeeun noona here. She’s the princess and heir. She was bound to go back sometime.”

“Lee Kwanghee, are you talking back to me?” Chunji growled as he took a ste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter