o66

The Princess Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

SLAP!

Chunji’s head was turned to the side with his eyes wide open.

Yeeun was panting heavily with a frown on her face. She took a step back, “How dare you. How could you be so selfish?!”

Chunji turned to look back at her. He could see the tears streaming down her face as she glared at him full of hatred and love. He lifted a hand towards her, but she swatted it away.

“Don’t.” She snapped through clench teeth.

“I’m prepared for this.” Chunji stated. “No matter what happens, I’m ready for it.”

Hearing that broke Yeeun. The last single string that held her together finally snapped.

“You should not be prepared for anything!” She sobbed. “You need to go back!”

Chunji shook his head as he took a step towards her and pulled her into another embrace, “I’m here, Yeeun. I’m here.”

Yeeun clung onto him as she continued to cry her eyes out. How could his words affect her so much? Why was it that he just said something simple and she snapped? Why?

“I’m right here.” Chunji whispered soothingly into her ear as he closed his eyes. “I’m right here. You’re not alone anymore.”

Hearing that made her cry even more. Those were the words that she wanted – no, needed to hear. “Ch-Chanhee o-oppa.” She sniffed.

Chunji smiled hearing his name, “I’m here. You’re not alone. We’re together.”

Yeeun just continued to cry in his arms. She couldn’t stop her tears anymore. She just let them flow as they liked. She wasn’t going to hold back anymore. She needed to cry her heart out, so she was going to.

They didn’t know how much time had passed, but they were standing in each other’s arms in silence. Yeeun had finally stopped crying and was now just resting her head on his chest listening to his calm heartbeat.

Chunji was enjoying having her back in his arms.

“Are you tired?” He finally spoke up breaking the silence.

Yeeun sniffed and pulled back, but Chunji held her close so that she wouldn’t escape his arms, “Oppa.”

“Let’s go sit down.” He suggested as she nodded in response.

They made their way over to the couches and sat down next to each other.

Yeeun sat a bit further away to keep her distance. She didn’t know what to say anymore.

Chunji observed her. He wanted to see her smile, but he didn’t know how to make her smile.

“I’m sorry.” She apologized. “I’m really sorry.”

Chunji frowned, “Why are you apologizing? You don’t have a reason to.”

“We have to prepare for your departure.” She began. “It’s dangerous. I don’t want you to be in any more danger than you already are in.”

“I’m not leaving.” Chunji stated with a determined voice.

“Oppa, you have to listen to me. You really can’t stay here.” She insisted.

“I will. I am going to stay here.”

“You can’t.”

“I am.”

“Can you not be so stubborn? How foolish can you be?”

“I will be a foolish man for you. It doesn’t matter.”

“Oppa…”

“I’m staying. You can’t change my mind.”

Yeeun stared into his eyes and saw how determined he was. She knew she wasn’t going to get through him anymore. Heaving a sigh, Yeeun nodded, “Fine. You can stay but you can’t oppose anything that I say. Everything that I do here is going to be for your safety. Even if you don’t agree with it, you must follow it, alright?”

Chunji nodded with a big smile on his face. He was happy that she finally agreed to let him stay.

“Then it’s settled. I will have to go see how the situation is in the throne room then have the maids arrange a room for you to stay in.” Yeeun stood up.

Chunji followed suit, “We’re not sharing a room?”

“Oppa, you know that that’s impossible. I can only share room with my husband.”

“I am your husband.”

Yeeun just gave him a look that made him chuckle.

“Alright, I’m your ex-husband, but we’ll be getting married again, won’t we?”

Yeeun looked away, “I’m not sure. Now that I’ve allowed you to stay here, I need to you wait here for a while. I don’t want you leaving this room for any reason, do you hear me?”

“What if I want to sleep?” Chunji questioned.

“My bed is right through those double doors. The bathroom is in there as well. If you’re hungry, I have some snacks and drinks in the corner over there.”

“You don’t mind if I sleep on your bed?”

“You make it seem like we’ve never slept on the same bed before.”

“We have, but this is your actual bedroom. The one that you grew up in. Aren’t you worried that I might find something embarrassing?”

Yeeun’s lips hitched upwards, “You won’t find anything embarrassing in here. I must go now. I will be back, so don’t leave the room.”

“I won’t.”

“Good.” She gave the room one last glance before walking towards door.

“When will you come back?” Chunji asked causing her to stop.

“I don’t know, but please just stay here.” She replied as she continued towards the door.

Chunji watched her leave the room. He heaved a sigh and looked around once more. He couldn’t believe that he was sitting in Yeeun’s bedroom, the one that she grew up in and lived for the past twenty-four years.

It felt surreal. He was seeing the her past, present, and future. He was still in disbelief that he was in the palace in Genovia. He would have never thought he’d fall in love with the heir of Genovia.

“And I can’t stop loving her.” Chunji grinned.

 

------

 

Yeeun didn’t make it all the way to the throne room to have figured out who won.

Al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter