o48

The Princess Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“How are you doing?” Changjo asked.

Yeeun smiled, “I’m fine. You should be more worried about yourself than me.”

Changjo raised a brow, “Oh really? I can’t worry about my best friend? Can I not worry about you?”

“Well, I’m just saying. You can worry about me, but you have to take care of yourself first.”

“I don’t want to hear that from you. You didn’t take good care of yourself.”

“My injuries aren’t that bad.”

“Oh yeah? Sehun was not happy when he told me, and I wasn’t happy either. I was about to fly there and see for myself how you are.”

Yeeun smiled sweetly at her best friend, “You and Sehun are too overprotective.”

Changjo frowned, “We have to. You just can’t seem to take care of yourself, so someone needs to.”

“I have Chanhee oppa for that.”

Changjo’s frown deepens and Yeeun notices that.

“What are you unhappy about?”

“I know that you and Lee Chanhee have feelings for each other, but have you thought about what happens when you come back to Genovia? What is going to happen to you two when we get everything solved?”

Yeeun pressed her lips into a thin line, “…I don’t know.”

“Yeeun, you know that your marriage is nothing more than business.”

“I know, but you can’t help it when your heart starts feeling something.”

Changjo swallowed as he looked at her, “I know.”

“Plus, I already let Chanhee oppa know about the possible outcomes for having feelings for someone like me. I’ve told him about the decisions that I will have to make. I also made him aware about how he and I may not see eye-to-eye on certain situations, but I have to think about my people no matter what.”

“And what did he say?” Changjo asked anxious to know what Chunji thought about loving Yeeun, who holds a powerful and delicate position.

“He said that he was fine with it. He wants to be my rock. To be someone I can lean on when I’m having trouble.” Yeeun replied softly.

“He really said that? Even after you told him that he may be in danger?”

Yeeun nodded in response.

Changjo made a face, “I see.”

“What’s with that expression?”

Changjo shrugged, “Nothing. It’s just an expression.”

“I don’t trust you.”

“How can you not trust your best friend?”

“I just don’t.”

“Where’s Sehun and Chanhee?”

“Sehun’s in his room writing up some documents and Chanhee oppa went to the shopping center. He has some stuff to take care of since he’s been away for a while.”

“It must be tough for him having Sehun around. He’s probably always looming around with this dark aura.”

“Talking about me?” Sehun asked as he stepped into the living room having Yeeun jump in surprise and Changjo laugh.

“You scared me!” Yeeun placed a hand over her beating heart.

Sehun chuckled as he sat down next to his best friend and looked at her phone where Changjo was. “I heard you talking about me. Why are you talking about me?”

“Why can’t we talk about you?” Changjo questioned.

“Because it’s bad to talk to people behind their backs.” Sehun replied.

“We’re just stating facts. We weren’t talking behind your back, so you can calm down.” Changjo chuckled.

Sehun rolled his eyes, “Whatever.”

Yeeun beamed. She was happy to hear both her best friends in one place since it’s been a while since the three of them sat down and talked to each other like this.

“This is nice, really nice.” She giggled.

Changjo and Sehun turned to look at her with a soft expression. They were happy to see their best friend with a smile on her face and happy that she was recovering fast.

“Don’t look at me like that. You two look like creeps. Oh wait, that’s your fatherly expression.” Yeeun narrowed her eyes at her best friends.

Sehun and Changjo laughed heartily.

“I didn’t even know that we had a fatherly expression.” Changjo snickered.

Yeeun rolled her eyes, “Whatever.”

Sehun wrapped an arm around her shoulder and gave her a squeeze, “That’s what we’re here for.”

“No, it’s not. You two are just annoying.” Yeeun wrinkled her nose.

“That’s because we love you oh so much!” Changjo grinned.

Yeeun laughed, “I love you both too.”

Sehun gave her another squeeze, “We know you do.”

“Aw, I wish I was there too. I miss hugging my best friend.” Changjo pouted.

“Don’t pout.” Sehun shook his head.

Yeeun beamed, “I miss hugging you too, Changjo. I really want to go home. I miss Genovia.”

Changjo and Sehun softened. They sympathized with her.

“Genovia misses you too. I also wish you were here.” Changjo gave her a reassuring smile.

“How is everything over there?” Sehun asked.

“It’s fine. There’s some movement, but nothing too serious. What about you guys? Have you gotten anything out of the spy yet?” Changjo questioned.

Sehun nodded his head slowly, “I did. I had to be a little mean, but I got something.”

Yeeun turned to him, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

Sehun turned to her with a charming smile, “Nothing you have to worry about.”

She frowned at him, “What do you mean ‘nothing you have to worry about’? Hearing that makes me worry even more.”

Changjo rolled his eyes at Sehun for making such a mistake.

“You two are always keeping secrets. I never know what you two are thinking.” Yeeun huffed as she leaned back causing Sehun to fall back too because his arm was still around her shoulders.

“Oh.” Sehun chuckled as he turned to her, “A warning next time would be helpful.”

“I’m still not happy with you. You won’t answer my questions.” She glared at him.

“All you need to know is that you are safe here no matter what.” Sehun gave her a smile, but she still wasn’t happy with him.

“Yeeun, d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter