o45

The Princess Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chunji stared at Yeeun, who was sleeping. He saw the cuts on her face as well as her bandaged foot. She was definitely worse off than he was.

All he could do was just stare at her. He couldn’t do anything for her. He couldn’t heal her because he didn’t have magical powers. He couldn’t even protect her when he loved her so much.

How could he have let the woman he loves get like this? How?

The words that Sehun had said repeated in his head. Yes, he and Yeeun were different. They were from two completely different worlds. He could be selfish and think of only himself, but she couldn’t. She had to think about the lives of her people.

Yeeun was a princess and he was just an ordinary man in the top one percent of society. He didn’t hold any special title like she does.

Sehun was right. He wouldn’t be able to help her lead her nation because he knew he wasn’t fit to be that kind of leader. Running a country and running a shopping center was nothing alike.

“I shouldn’t be selfish. I should think about your position.” He said softly as he grabbed her hand and cupped it in his. “I just thought…maybe we could be happy. You said that you like me, so that’s all that I wanted to keep.”

He circled his thumb around her knuckles, “Please wake up. I just want to know that you’re alright.” He looked up at her sleeping face and a small frown stretched across his lips, “Why did you have to get hurt? I should have been the one, who got hurt instead.”

The sound of the door opening caught Chunji’s attention. He looked up and saw his parents. He quickly stood up, “Mom. Dad.”

Mr. and Mrs. Lee looked at their son and gave him a meek smile before turning to Yeeun.

Sehun closed the door and followed behind them.

“How is she doing?” Mrs. Lee asked softly.

“She’s fine. She’s just fast asleep.” Sehun replied.

“Any serious injuries?” Mr. Lee asked turning to the knight.

“No, she had some internal bleeding, but that’s been taken care of. She broke three ribs that caused some bruising so she’ll have to take it easy. Also, a sprained ankle with some cuts and small bruises.” Sehun answered as he continued to stare at Yeeun.

“How’s her bullet wound?” Mr. Lee asked softly.

“It went through her, thankfully.” Sehun replied. “She won’t be able to do much with her arm, but there’s no worries. It was infected or anything, so the healing process won’t take too long.”

Mr. Lee nodded in understanding, “I see.”

“Thank goodness.” Mrs. Lee let out a small sigh of relief with a hand over her heart.

“…I’m sorry.” Chunji bowed in apology.

Mr. and Mrs. Lee looked at their son. They could tell that he was reflecting on his actions.

Mrs. Lee walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder, “How are you doing?”

“Fine.” He replied looking up at his mother.

“How are your injuries? Do they hurt?” She placed a hand on his cheek.

Chunji shook his head, “No, I’m alright.” He turned to Yeeun, “I’m more worried about her.” He gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

“If I may request a quick favor.” Sehun spoke up causing the Lees to turn in his direction.

“Anything we can do.” Mr. Lee stepped up.

“Please watch over Princess Aleena tonight. We caught one of the spies and will be integrating him. I need to go, but am afraid to leave her by herself, so if you can please watch over her for the night.” Sehun bowed.

Mr. Lee quickly bowed, “Yes, of course. It would be our pleasure. It’s the least we can do for what has happened.”

Sehun straightened up with small smile, “Thank you. I leave her in your care.” He bowed once more before leaving the room.

Silence fell upon the room once the door was closed again. All the Lees could do was just look at Yeeun and feel pain. They didn’t know how else to react being that the princess who was put in their care was now in the hospital.

“Honey,” Mrs. Lee called having her husband turn in her direction. “You should call King Alan and let him know the situation.”

Mr. Lee took a deep breath, “You’re right. He should know.”

Chunji looked up at his father, “…I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have brought her here without letting you know. I should have waited. I’m sorry.”

Mr. Lee looked at his son and gave him a small smile, “It’s alright. What’s done is done. We can’t change it. All we can hope for is that Princess Aleena recovers fast.”

Chunji swallowed, “Did Sehun let you know-”

“Yes, he did.” Mr. Lee answered interrupting his son. “We just need to follow his orders. It’s only right since we’re the ones who made the mistake.”

Chunji looks down in guilt.

Mrs. Lee gave her son’s shoulder a light squeeze, “Don’t worry about it. Your father and I will talk to the King and Queen about the situation. You just stay here and watch her. If she wakes up, let the nurses and doctors know, alright?”

Chunji managed to give a small nod in response.

Mrs. Lee smiled softly, “Good. We’ll be right back.” She let go of her son’s shoulder and walked out of the room with her husband.

Chunji let out a shaky breath once he heard the door closing shut. He looked up and saw Yeeun still peacefully sleeping. Her chest rising up and down slowly.

“Please be okay.” He whispered.

 

------

 

Sehun clenched his jaw and narrowed his eyes at the spy sitting in front of him. “Are you not going to answer?” He asked with a deep frown.

The spy smirked, “You already know the answer to that.”

“You’re making it obvious.” Sehun smirked as he leaned back in his chair with his arms crossed.

The smirk on the spy’s face falls off, “What are you talki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter