o46

The Princess Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Yeeun let out a soft groan as she turned her head and slowly opened her eyes. She looked around and saw that Sehun and Chunji were sleeping soundly. A smile played on her lips as she carefully sat up making sure that she didn’t let out any noise or one of them were going to wake up and freak out.

Once she finally sat, which seemed to take like a million years, she looked at the two males again. They were both sleeping soundly on the couch and it warmed her heart seeing them sleep.

She looked down at herself and saw her ankle wrapped up. She felt the pain on her left side of her abdomen. She slowly lifted her shirt and saw the white patch that was placed on top of her scar. She carefully peeled the patch wincing at the pain.

Once it was peeled far enough that she could see the stitches. A frown appeared on her face, “Now, I have stitches too.” She heaved a small sigh, “I didn’t think things were going to get this bad.”

Her hand slowly went up to the spot that the bullet went through her arm, “This .” Yeeun threw a glance at Sehun, “He must have not been very happy.”

Putting back the patch, Yeeun heaved a sigh and looked around the hospital room. She thought back to what happened in the mountain and fear took over her. She was in danger and she put Chunji in danger at well.

Guilt began to consume her as she looked at Chunji. He was sleeping so soundly that it didn’t look like he got injured, but she saw the small scratches on his handsome face. It was because of her that he got those. If only she didn’t have to be a princess.

Slowly, Yeeun pulled off the blanket and carefully made her to the edge of the bed. She carefully sat at the edge and looked at her foot. How was she going to walk?

“Where do you think you’re going?” Sehun asked startling Yeeun, who looked up at him with wide eyes.

“I-I-I just wanted to get some fresh air.” Yeeun stuttered.

Sehun crossed his arms over his chest with a brow raised, “Is that so? You were going to walk out while we sleep and sneak back in when you can barely move?”

“Sehun.” Yeeun pouted with her puppy eyes.

“That’s not going to work on me. You got injured and you need to recover. There’s nothing to it.”

“Does that mean that you’re going to be my watchdog?”

“That’s funny.” Sehun stated with a scowl. “I’m only doing what’s best for you. You really shouldn’t be moving around like you’re not injured.”

“I don’t want to stay in bed all day.” Yeeun huffed.

“But you stayed in bed all day all night last week. You didn’t even want to get out of bed because you were so depressed.” Sehun stated.

“That’s different from now.” She defended.

Sehun raised both his brows, “Is that so?”

Yeeun suddenly gasped, “Did you tell Changjo?”

“You’re worried about that right now?” Sehun narrowed his eyes.

Yeeun frowned, “Did you? You better not have told him anything. He still needs to recover.”

“And you don’t?” Sehun hissed through clenched teeth clearly unhappy.

“Don’t use that tone on me.” Yeeun pinched her brows together.

“Then why the hell did you have to go and get hurt?”

Yeeun remained silent.

Sehun scoffed, “You can’t even answer a simple question.”

“Because Chanhee oppa was there.” Yeeun snapped softly making sure that she didn’t wake Chunji.

“I even gave you specific instructions to take care of yourself. You know that you are your main priority. Your safety should be the first thing on your mind. You can’t think about other people around you.”

“I can’t let others get hurt for me. You know I won’t ever let that happen.”

“It doesn’t mean that you can risk your life to save another person.”

“I can.”

“You cannot. You’re the crown princess. The only heir to Genovia. You know how valuable your life is. You cannot risk anything.”

“You’re being really unreasonable, Sehun.”

“No, I am being reasonable. You know as well as I know that you must be protected at all times and when the time comes, your life is first.”

“So, what? Are you going to put me under surveillance twenty-four seven now?”

“You know it.”

Yeeun heaved a sigh in defeat, “Do my parents know about this?”

“I’m sure they know about this by now.” Sehun replied softly.

Yeeun looked down at her hands that were in her lap, “…I see.”

“You know that this is all for your protection.”

She looked up at her best friend, “And you know that it’s not his fault. You can’t put the blame on him. He was just trying to protect me.”

“I know, but you still got injured and that spy got away. We only caught one. We were lucky that Chanhee was able to keep him busy until we got there.”

“Do we really have to take this route?”

“I don’t have a choice now.”

“But still.”

Sehun shook his head, “We can’t. I can’t have you be in any more danger than you already are. I just can’t risk that.”

All Yeeun could do was nod.

Sehun placed a hand on Yeeun’s shoulder, “I know that you don’t want to do this, but I don’t have a choice. We have to be more cautious than we were before, and I bare that responsibility.”

“…I know. That also means that I’ll be staying with you from now on.”

“Yes, that’s correct.”

She looked at him confused, “What do you mean?”

Sehun inhaled a deep breath. “I’ll tell you what I told Chanhee yesterday. I won’t interfere with what you and Chanhee does since you both have feelings for each other, but you must remember that all of this is going to end one day. He is just a piece that you’re moving to reach your goal. You’re the heir to Genovia. Genovia needs you, Yeeun.”

Yeeun swallowed, “…Alright.”

“Don’t invest too much time in this. As much as you care for him, you must not forget that restoring order in Genovia is what you have to do now.”

“I know…”

“Please don’t hesitant for anything. I just want to remind you of this.”

Yeeun squeezed her hands together, “…You’re right. I’ll remember this.”

“You’re just going to go with it?” Chunji asked with his tone painted in pain.

Yeeun turned in his direction, “Ch-Chanhee oppa.”

Chunji stared at her, “You’re going to follow Sehun?”

“I don’t have a choice. I have to do it.”

Chunji stood up and walked towards her with an angry expression, “Do you really?”

Yeeun pinched her brows together with a frown on her face, “Yes, I do.”

Chunji turned to Sehun, “I already apologized to you. I still don’t understand why she can’t has to follow your orders.”

Sehun scowled, “That doesn’t change the fact that she’s injured, and she needs to be protected.”

“Then you can come live with us. I can hire guards. I can always get more security for the house. Can’t she just stay with me?” Chunji was practically begging Sehun with his eyes now.

“Why d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter