009

Can We Be Friends?

 

Jungkook looked at his hyungs pensively as Jimin and Namjoon joined them in the dining room for dinner.

“Ya, what happened? Why are you in such a bad mood?” Jin asked lightly, Jimin shrugged at him before picking up his spoon.

Namjoon glanced at TV screen again, the media still has not stopped talking about Haera’s surprise wedding.

“Ah, you met up with him, right? That Samsung guy.” Namjoon tried to make the younger male speak.

Taehyung looked at his friend.

“I did.”

“How was it? How is he?” Jin asked with a small smile.

“Him?” Jimin looked at the TV screen, a photo of Taeyong and Haera from the wedding flashed again.

“So, so.” He said.

“So, so?” Namjoon blinked.

Lee Taeyong, is the current president of Samsung Group. He has taken over almost two years ago. He has three major departments under his care, and~

Jimin looked at TV again, the reporter was talking about Haera’s husband again.

“He’s a little..arrogant.” Jimin stated, s nodded.

“Well, that’s expected from someone born in that world.” Hoseok mused before continuing with his meal.

Jimin bit his lip before drinking some water, his eyes went to the screen again and he shook his head.

 

 

“Next week?” Haera repeated, the female staff nodded at her.

“Don’t worry, I’ll discuss it with him. But I’m sure he can come.” Haera said as she fidgeted with the pen.

Her phone pinged and she took it out.

Can you meet up? – Jimin

She smiled before putting it back in her jean pocket.

“Then, unnie, I’ll be heading out now. I have an appointment.” Haera said, the female nodded and bid her goodbye, Haera marched through the familiar halls of SM. She stopped in front of Exo’s practice room before dialing.

“Maybe after lunch. I still have a PR stunt finish.” She mused, Jimin paused from the other line.

“PR? Do you have something to promote? The skincare line?”

“Laneige? No. Taeyong.” She nodded, the door opened beside her, Chanyeol appeared, he beamed as he saw her.

“I have to visit him at work. It will probably help those rumors go away.” She shrugged.

“Do—Do you have to do that?”

“Yeah, I’ll see you later.” Haera said before ending the call.

“Busy?” Yeol asked before giving the girl a hug.

“Not really. You guys? I heard from Kai oppa about the concerts. Don’t skip meals, oppa.” She frowned at him as they walked towards the elevator, the doors opened.

“I never forget mealtimes, Haera.” He chuckled while mussing her hair.

“Wendy!”

“Haera!” They screamed at each other, Chanyeol winced.

“I’ll leave you two to chat. I’ll be looking forward to that interview with the yeobo, Haera.” He said teasingly as she got inside the machine, Wendy eyed the girl warily before slapping her arm.

“Even if it was a secret, how could you keep it from us, your family?” She scolded the younger girl.

“Unnie, that hurts!” Haera complained, but she was laughing.

“Oh well, at least you married someone capable. I approve.” Wendy winked at her, Haera paused briefly but she nodded back.

 

 

Jimin walked towards his phone while wiping the sweat on his neck. They were on a short break from practicing their choreography.

“Haera,”

“Hi,”

“Are you on your way? It’s a little early.” He commented as he glanced at the clock.

“No, I just wanted to call in you advance,” She seemed distracted.

“Are you driving?”

“Yeah, but it seems like I can’t come.”

He paused, his fingers curled around the towel he was holding.

“Why?”

“I have to help Sion unnie pick out the flowers for her wedding next month. I forgot we scheduled that.” She said apologetically, Jimin bit his lower lip.

“So, where are you now? On the way to Samsung?”

“Yeah, I have to call Taeyong too. How’s practice?”

Jimin’s jaw clenched and unclenched before speaking again.

“We’re good. Jin hyung wants you to come over sometime.”

“I will. Then, I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Sure.” He said before setting his phone down, Jimin just shook his head.

“See you later turns into see you tomorrow.” He said to himself before going to the restroom.

 

 

Haera bit her lip as she put the car in to park, the valet was walking towards her. She bit her lip before sliding down her Range Rover Evoque, the male was stunned when he saw her.

“S—S—Samonim!” He greeted her.

“H—Hi,” Haera offered him a smile, the male just bowed to her before taking her car. Haera puffed her cheeks as she approached the building, she was dressed in a pair of tapered slacks and a high-collared emerald royal green blouse that outlined her nice figure. She matched it with a pair of Valentino kitten heels.

Employees in the lobby halted when they saw her and they quickly gave her bows which made her fidget.

“She’s really pretty in real life!”

“It’s no joke. She’s a goddess!”

“Our president hit jackpot!”

Haera made her way towards the elevators, the doors pinged open and a young man greeted her with wide expectant eyes.

“Samonim, if we knew you were coming over we would have people welcome you.” He said apologetically as he gestured for her to get inside the machine.

“It’s fine, is Taeyong in?” She asked with a polite smile.

“Yes, president is in a meeting.” He nodded, the took notice of the bags she was carrying.

“Samonim, I can take that.” He said as he tried to help her with the bags.

“It’s fine. They’re not that heavy.” She said, the doors pinged open again. Haera stepped out, employees greeted her with polite bows, she just smiled back at them.

“Will we be pushing forward with the ASEAN Summit? We already pledged for next year’s sponsorship.”

She glanced to her left, Taeyong was walking with a group of what looked like the directors.

“We can do that. I’ll have someone contact the committee and~” Taeyong paused when he saw her.

“It’s your wife,” The director smiled.

“Y—Yeah, then, I’ll see you next week.” Taeyong nodded at the males before moving forward.

“Haera,” He spoke as he reached her, employees giddily watched the young couple.

“I brought lunch and some PR.” She whispered, Taeyong chuckled and shook his head.

His secretary blinked before rubbing his eyes.

Did his boss just smile in public?

“Sounds good,” Taeyong placed one hand on her back and steered her to his office.

“BOD meeting?” She asked as they got inside the room.

“I’m drained.” Taeyong shrugged before loosening his tie, Haera started to take out the food form the bags.

“I know you love sushi, so,” She said as she opened the containers.

“It smells nice, thank you, miss actress.” He said teasingly before digging in.

“It’s my job after all. Act like the loving wife.” She mused back.

“Did you check the wedding gifts?” He asked before chewing.

“Somebody gave us a house in Jeju.”

Taeyong nodded along while eating.

“And I saw your gift. Taeyong, that was over the top.” She pointed out.

“I didn’t know what else to get you.” He replied, Haera pushed the soda towards him. Then she started to stare at him.

“Glaring at me wont do anything. It’s yours now.” He ignored her.

“Ani, how about we bleach your hair?” She blurted out.

Taeyong halted, he stared at the girl with wide eyes.

“What?”

“You would look so good with blonde hair.”

“You’re not going to ask me to audition for your company after that, right?” He shot back, Haera laughed.

“Let’s try it. Blonde Taeyong.”

“Nope.”

“Come on,” She started to whine.

“Nope. Just eat.” He told her, Haera rolled her eyes before picking up chopsticks.

“Did your parents try to call you today?” She asked him as she started to eat, Taeyong nodded before handing her a napkin.

“Shall we start taking their calls?” He spoke.

“Nah, let’s torment them a little longer. They’re the reason we’re stuck to each other anyway.”

Taeyong nodded, then he looked at Haera pensively.

“Are..you sure that Jimin is okay with all this?” He asked her.

“I’m sure he’s not okay with everything. But, he understands, and he knows how it is for us too.” She told him, Taeyong bit his lip, he remembered how the male had watched them the other day at SM’s office.

“Well, if you say so. Just..be careful, Yoo Haera.” He said before chewing.

 

“I still think the Bentley convertible was over the top, Lee Taeyong. But thanks, I guess.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++